PROLOGUE: PARALLEL UNIVERSE

par·al·lel  u·ni·verse
/ˈperəˌlel/  /ˈyo͞onəˌvərs/
  parallel universe, also known as a parallel dimension, alternate universe, or alternate reality, is a hypothetical self-contained plane of existence, co-existing with one's own. 

RULES WHEN TRAVELING TO PARALLEL UNIVERSES
- do not be surprised when small details are changed. parallel universes may provide travelers with repetition of the same people, settings, or events. however, these can get mixed up and manipulated by the traveler.
- travelers are able to replace their old body in order to navigate safely through parallel universes or even reside in them.
- multiverses (the sum of multiple parallel universes) can be as small or infinite in amount.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of obsessive and possessive behavior.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of obsessive and possessive behavior

NIHACHU'S BAKERY, MANBERG.

KARL ONLY LOOKED AT Y/N with hearts in his eyes as he entered the bakery, a successful grin etching into his lips. he strode over to them. he knew that in this timeline, he was going to do a better job to protect y/n. but first, he wanted to start things slow and simple.

"hey y/n!"
"oh hey... do i know you?"
"oh sorry. i'm karl. sapnap has told me so much about you."

"oh." your lips parted with a surprised expression, quickly forming into a smile. you stuck your hand out to shake. "nice to meet you, karl." karl looked down at your hand in awe and surprise. he felt a bit flustered by your formality.

nevertheless, he took your hand in his and shook on it gently. when he looked away for a brief moment, his eyes spotted the menu and he perked up.

"ooh! could i order something?" he asked aloud, mostly to himself. from behind the register, niki nodded. she felt a tad bit annoyed from karl. a random stranger that happens to know you interrupted your conversation with her. however, she put on a happy face and asked karl for his order, taking note of it and ringing up a price.

"alright. y/n/n, want me to get your usual?" niki turned to you with bright eyes, wanting to just admire you all day. "yes please. just the drink though. i don't feel like eating much." you went on, making her nod and smile at you. "just get comfortable!" niki said, nodding towards the two of you.

you turned towards the brunette next to you, looking into his eyes. he gave you a small smile. he seemed to be socially awkward or not knowing what to do by the way he shifted and played with the hems of his sweater.

"wanna sit with me, karl? you seem like a nice person." you said, tilting your head at him. karl began to feel a little flustered. cmon what did i expect having to talk to my crush? he thought to himself, trying to calm down his beating heart. he silently gulped and nodded excitedly, happy to have the opportunity to speak to you without having to worry about anything threatening. *cough* *cough* sapnap. a bakery was definitely a better setting for a date than the forests that split up two kingdoms.