CHAPTER XXXV: PEREGRINATION

per·e·gri·na·tion
/ˌperəɡrəˈnāSH(ə)n/
a journey, especially a long or meandering one.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of manipulation, kidnapping, and sadism.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of manipulation, kidnapping, and sadism

PROPHECY COURTHOUSE, GREATER DREAM SMP.

DREAM'S FATE WAS INEVITABLE. he knew history was going to repeat itself. and it sure did. now all the eyes from citizens in greater dream smp and neighboring kingdoms were staring at him walking down the aisle to the front of the courtroom.

the jurors, the judges, and the knights and guards in the audience were ever so tired, looking down at dream with shame and disappointment. as he sat down by the wooden table, he looked to the other side of the room to see who was testifying. that's when he got a glimpse of you.

you felt a specific pair of hawk eyes staring at you. you could barely make out those two black dots on the white mask boring into you with an obsessive glint in your peripheral vision. however, it made you freeze up yet want to recoil at the same time. you hated it. it was the same feeling from wilbur and king's eyes, but more unsettling than admirable.

dream could sense your uncomfy-ness, immediately looking away with some sadness in his eyes. he did mess up after all. there's nothing else that was on his mind, nor that could calm him down or defend him any longer. he's going to get what he deserves whether he likes it or not.

"let's start this trial now, shall we?" the judge said, putting their gavel to the side and nodding towards the attorneys and assistants to present evidence. needless to say, dream's trial lasted almost the same length as.. or maybe even longer than wilbur's. you were used to it though. quackity, ranboo, and techno were in the audience while eret and karl were on the other side of the room by you, having to testify since it was mostly their evidence being presented.

when it came your time to sit at the testimony stand, being sworn in, the evidence that was presented on your end to prove dream kidnapping you was a hair clip. not just any ordinary hair clip. but a recording device. karl was smart enough to get a hair clip that included a tiny microphone in it, capturing all the sick things dream said to you while you were restrained in that bothersome enclosure.

the recording was played back to the court, everyone feeling shocked and unsettled by hearing dream speaking in a clearly sadistic tone. it obviously convinced the judge and jury in the most efficient way possible.

meanwhile, after your testimony, an infamous case was brought back from the cold: the disc wars. tommy went up to testify, him clearly being nervous and trying to compose himself while wearing a tailored suit just to look nice in front of the elites that were also watching, listening to him.

for the first time in what felt like forever, he felt like people truly understood him. even though the weight of people's eyes were on his figure—which made him even more nervous out of his mind—he felt like he finally got the chance to talk about dream's upbringing when founding the smp, and how he got caught up in a lot of conflict.