CHAPTER XIX: TIMIST

tim·​ist
\ ˈtīmə̇st \
one that keeps time or is concerned with time.

GUIDE TO TIMISTS
- some travelers may use the title or refer to themselves as a timist.
- however, timists as a true profession are time keepers. they keep memories from other timelines, or maintain consistency in a certain timeline.

key
- trigger warnings!: throwing up/behavior of having a mental breakdown, mentions of murder and alcohol.
- low key angsty then fluff don't worry

GREATER DREAM SMP.

WHEN KARL ARRIVED HOME late that night of sapnap's murder, he couldn't stomach it anymore. he was somehow able to compose himself while walking in the silent forests of greater dream smp's borders with fundy and quackity earlier. now that he's on his own, all his mistakes are starting to dawn on him, reflecting a dark, abhorrent playback in his head.

he felt the weight of his thoughts plummet down to his stomach, making him run to the bathroom. like he expected, he immediately puked into the toilet bowl, his evening's meal and the alcohol he drank being emptied out of him.

he carefully coughed out the rest of what was left in his mouth, waiting some extra minutes in case he felt nauseous again. he ended up sitting on the floor against the wall, feeling warm, dried out tears stinging his eyes, and slight shivers raking his body, making his teeth chatter.

karl's mind was currently overwhelmed, submerged in a wallow of guilt. he didn't really know how to assess the situation anymore. he felt it would take a lot in him to accept the fact that sapnap is now longer here. he can't walk the earth anymore. all that sacrifice for y/n's safety. just that thought made him feel shut out. now he really holds a dark secret after all this time of living.

while sitting on the floor, he felt fresh tears streaming down his cheeks. if he had the energy and his sensitivity beckoned him more, he would've cried a river. he silently brought his knees flush to his chest, resting his head down in shame.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

THE NEXT MORNING, KARL LAID ON HIS COUCH, sound asleep. after last night, he felt like he not only threw up the contents of his stomach, but also his feelings. he kept drowning in a sea of unemotional emotions, not knowing how else to react. he couldn't tell if he was grieving or just plain going insane.

as his chest rhythmically rose and fell from breathing, he was taken out of his slumber by loud, repetitive knocks on his front door, and a familiar voice. "hey karl! are you there?" you asked from behind the door, still knocking.

when karl realized it was you, his eyes shot wide open, quickly getting up and putting a shirt on. "yeah i'm here! give me a second." karl yelled out nervously, rushing around his living room. he quickly ran to his bedroom, looking at the mirror to see himself in last night's clothes. he hoped brushing himself out and putting on some cologne would do the trick to make himself look presentable.