THE PRESENT III: DREAMXD

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of blood.
- ** signals flashbacks

OUR PERSPECTIVE lays on the sleeping figures of karl and y/n, the founding couple of kinoko kingdom. through the tiny spaces left of the curtains desperately hugging at the windows, pale white moonlight peaked through, shining on y/n's sleeping face.

the atmosphere was obviously peaceful.. well.. seemingly peaceful. while the bedsheets rose at your chest and karl's warmth made you induce in a heavier sleep, something was totally off that the two of you couldn't even begin to sense.

from right above, a xoanon-feeling deity hovered over y/n's body. they stared down intensely through the white mask they were wearing, carved with an XD as the face. unbeknownst to you, dreamXD looked down upon you, admiring you—at least in his thoughts.

**

during dream's prison stay, he felt like he was going into a raging spiral of hysterics every passing day, getting petty mood swings and random outbursts against sam. to this day, he still doesn't know where the god came from. he thought it was a mere hallucination, a brewed up delusion to keep him company in the obsidian walls that were now carved with tallies of how long he's been there.

on year three and a half, dreamXD finally made himself present, spawning spontaneously in dream's cell. "hello dream!" a deep, demonic voice boomed, making the cell shake. dream jolted from his bed, nearly letting out a scream. he stared at the floating figure with widened eyes, his body and senses freezing up.

he carefully took in what he saw: a figure floating from the floor, no legs in sight; a green hood wrapped around its head that matched the same green color as his own clothes; some gold rings shaped into symbols and elixirs casually rolled and floated around the figure's body, enclosing it within two rings. he also noticed bandages wrapped around their hands, and their mask... it reminded him of his own, except with an XD expression on it instead of a smiley face.

"w-... what are you?" dream asked nervously after a long moment of staring. "call me XD. i am at your service! i hear you calling out to me, dream." the voice continued on, slightly floating towards dream. "you have a unique craving that nobody else does. a pure desire that manifested me. i can't thank you any more." dream furrowed his eyebrows. "desire?" he questioned, seeing XD nod.

"what would that desire be?" dream asked, thinking about the lonely and empty days he's been having in prison. all the days strung into a continuous loop of self pity really. nothing fun. did he do something weird in that time frame?

XD chuckled. "you're thinking too hard, dream. you know yourself better than anyone. you tell me what you're desiring." XD pushed on, the rings around him shining brighter. assuming there's an unseen face similar to his own, dream could sense a menacing smile underneath XD's mask.

for a long time, dream looked away, staring out into space. his mind seemed to be at a blank until the symbols on the rings around XD started to pulsate, causing dream to envision fleeting images, cycling through his memories in more colors that he didn't know existed, everything flashing in his mind as if he was dying and seeing his life replay like a movie.

he started hearing voices, his thoughts echoing across his subconscious, along with the sound of other people's voices, pressuring him, ridiculing him—that sparked a certain wrath in him, making him ball his fists together. right when the voices and colorful flashes of blood stopped, he punched at his pillow harshly, ripping it open and letting the feathers fly out of it. he then threw it to the side of the cell with a load groan, hyperventilating with a familiar rage in him.

dream felt like he wanted to tear someone apart. that's when XD started clapping. "yes! that feeling, dream. what do you desire?" he said once more, his tone more peculiar and curious, trying to tick dream off.

dream calmed himself, his breathing slowly before he deadpanned at XD. "i want to be a god." he stated nonchalantly. "and you want to make them all suffer, don't you?" XD continued, tilting his head so that the XD on his mask was turning at a different angle as well.

dream nodded. "i wanna get out of here. i wanna show everyone who rules the dream smp." XD chuckled at this, inching closer to dream. "we can make that happen." XD said, an invisible smile playing upon his hypothetical face.

**

dreamXD was nevertheless in the same mindset as dream, watching closely at your chest rising and falling ever so slowly in a peaceful sleeping state. he thought you were so fascinating. a mortal the equivalent of an angel. he never understood mortals at all. however, he wanted to understand you.

he was ticked off from his strenuous trance by seeing karl moving in his sleep. his head faced karl, seeing the sleeping man move his arms around your waist, adjusting your body closer to his. for some reason, dreamXD was overcame with a blatant vexation.

he felt the excited fluttering in his stomach go awry, turning into a disgusting whirlwind. he couldn't recognize why he was feeling like this, why you triggered his emotions, but he didn't like when karl touched you. his eyes kept flickering between your face and where karl was hugging you, making him clench his fists. his invisible face currently displayed a distasteful frown.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
KILLER - KALI UCHIS.
this song describes struggling in a toxic relationship because the other person doesn't realize that they're actually hurting you. this relates with the current situation as dreamXD doesn't understand what he's getting into when he's "admiring" you. he doesn't understand that he's just as obsessive over you as dream, and how that translates to negativity and evil.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Baby, have you got no soul?
Is your heart a gaping hole?
How come I didn't see that in you?
How come I can forgive you?
And if you loved me, you'd never do this
No, if you loved me, you wouldn't put me through it
That makes you a killer, a killer, a killer
Forever is for dreamers (for dreamers)
And it's foolish to not know you're a schemer
It's silly I think of our unborn children
'Cause all I'm thinking about right now is how I'll never know 'em

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
ugh ik this is rlly random but for some reason, my motivation is like going down if i work inside my bedroom. i remember schlatt mentioning ccs having that problem on a podcast and i'm understanding it now

w.c.: 1.1k+