CHAPTER XXVII: ARROW OF TIME

ar·row of time
/ˈerō/  /əv/  /tīm/
the arrow of time, also called time's arrow, is the concept positing the "one-way direction" or "asymmetry" of time. within this model, there are three main arrows of time that explain how time works and evolves: a psychological arrow (underpinning our memories of the past and how we imagine the future), a thermodynamic arrow (the direction in which entropy increases), and a cosmological arrow (the direction in which the size of the universe increases).

GUIDE TO THE ARROW OF TIME
- the arrow of time gives travelers a basic model and understanding of how a timeline is formed in the universe, and how time conducts itself in that timeline.
- although time is known to travel in one direction, it's been proven that time travelers are able to travel in virtually all directions plausible (hint hint: this is a time traveling guide).

key
- trigger warnings!: kidnapping, slight gore/injury infliction, obsessive behavior, slight sadism, drug usage, blood.
- there's also a mention of starving oneself in the lyrics of the chapter soundtrack. i don't necessarily know if that's a certain trigger to be listed but just a warning if that type of thing sounds off-putting to read.

 i don't necessarily know if that's a certain trigger to be listed but just a warning if that type of thing sounds off-putting to read

LOCATION UNKNOWN.

AS Y/N OPENED their eyelids to a very unfamiliar site to which they'd soon realize is actually the complete opposite, they got frightened as they looked forward and saw the simplistic, white smiley mask staring back at them.

you staggered backwards so hard that your chair started to lean back, expecting your back to fall over and hit the ground. however, you felt the chair being caught, slowly reeling yourself forward and back to a regular seated position.

you opened your eyes to be met with dream, eyes darting around to see yourself restrained back in the room where he previously kidnapped you. you thought back to all the cuts and deep lesions he left within your legs, making your stomach immediately turn. you hated seeing this room again.

"hey princess. does this look familiar to you?" dream spoke, greeting you as he grandly gestured towards the devoid room enclosing the two of you. he began to clap his hands. "i'm sorry to scare you. you just looked so peaceful when you slept. i wanted to wait until you were awake for your punishment." he chuckled a bit in a maniacal tone, making you shiver.

"w-what are you gonna do to me?" you sputtered out, throat dry out of dehydration and nervousness. for some reason, the whole grounding yourself thing wasn't getting to you straight away. while you were being chased earlier, you knew that techno and karl were following along. but being back in this moment where it felt like a sick nightmare reminded you of the worst part of your stay in manberg, and having to experience being a missing person.

just that thought alone left you feeling fearful, completely terrified that you would be in this situation again. and here you are, faced with dream, the psycho fueled by pure sadism, and you knew he was waiting for you. those were the only thoughts that were able to jab and nit pick at your brain, making your senses and pain receptors feel heightened.