THE PRESENT V: METAMORPHOSIS

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of obsessiveness, death, and gambling addiction.
- !! name reveal !! of who though?🤔

QUACKITY SPRINTED TO his office, making his way there as fast as possible. he was informed by charlie that he got an important call from a wealthy company in the stock market wanting to sponsor him. when he heard about the non-political opportunity to boost the brand of las nevadas, he wanted to get back to the brand ambassador on time.

once he made it up the stairs, he nearly bashed open his office door's hinges off trying to get it open, his excited energy radiating off of him. however, that energy would soon die down when his steps came to a halt, standing by the door panting. he spotted a faint silhouette sitting by his desk. "hello alex. here for our brand deal?"

when the desk chair turned around, quackity's eyes widened, being met with king's smug face. this time though, king didn't adorn his black mask that usually covered the upper half of his face. it's been such a long time that quackity nor anyone from their high school class has seen king's face. needless to say, he could easily notice that the man he's known since his teenage years has grown, looking both old yet youthful for his age. but the resemblance from young king and the king now was still prominent.

even wearing a questionable mask, it surprised quackity how king kept up clear looking skin, and chiseled bones running against his cheeks and jawline. in the most half-joke-way possible, quackity could tease and call king handsome, but seeing as king is currently in his office and is supposed to be dead, it made quackity highly thrown off.

"king? as in..." quackity swallowed nervously. "terrence?" he let out in a hushed tone, scared to say the name like it was a curse, as he hasn't mentioned it in a while ever since king delved into the political world. king responded upon hearing his real name by squeezing his eyes shut in irritation, his head slightly moving to the side to take his gaze off of quackity.

"aren't you dead? i saw your head get fucking chopped off!" quackity exclaimed, striding closer and closer to king to get a closer look at the person sitting at his desk. "yes! i am dead!" king said back through gritted teeth, raising his voice slightly and slapping a hand down on the desk. this tone made quackity recoil a bit, being reminded of how harsh king can become. "see?" king said, motioning his head down towards his hand.

when quackity looked down at king's hand, he saw the hand nearly fizzing through the stapler on the desk, part of his hand that had a stapler through it becoming slightly transparent. "it's just that i've been keeping up a skin care routine." king scoffed, a smirk plastered on his face upon seeing quackity with his jaw dropped.

king stood up, walking towards quackity. he started to almost circle around the shorter man, just brushing slowly behind him. quackity immediately felt the temperature change succumb when king walked by, feeling a coldness as if a breeze passed by, making him shiver. "i look so human now i could walk down las nevadas with no problems haha! i think you get the point though." king said, retreating back to the desk. this time, he sat directly on top of the desk, arms crossed, facing quackity.

"don't worry. i'm not gonna haunt you.. well... now i can't guarantee that considering that you're following in my footsteps now." king cocked his head back, motioning towards the huge windows of the office that displayed a perfect view of the desert city. when quackity heard those words, he felt a pang in his heart. he knew it was the truth. he just hated admitting it. he got so attached to king's politics that it ate him from the inside out. now look where he is. he's reading king's political science and business notes, trying to desperately cling to las nevadas and his gambling addiction.

"i'm really here to make a deal with you, alex." "what is it?" quackity questioned. he took a moment to respond, still trying to process the fact that the ghost of his old friend was in his office. king cleared his throat before continuing, "i'd like to be revived." quackity raised his eyebrows. "y-you can be revived?" he questioned once more, the option sounding foreign to him. king sighed, nodding.

"here's the thing: i obtained a revival book and had it all the way back during the whole disc war thing, until i completed a deal with dream. now the book is in his hands. he managed to smuggle the important parts of it while in pandora's box. i'd like you to retrieve it." quackity furrowed his eyebrows, holding an expression of skepticism.

"and i also heard from a little slime ball birdie that you are completely defenseless. hell, you're not even caring about crime! what a horrible way for citizens to live. this isn't even a family friendly location. that could drive most consumers out." king continued, smiling. "so for my side of the deal, what i'll do for you if you get my revive book back from dream is.. i'll get you some quality defense system for the economy's sake, and we'll move on." quackity bit his lip, knowing the way king made deals. he knew there was consequences he was playing around with.

"and if i don't except this deal?" quackity questioned, a hint of fear and curiosity in the gloss of his eyes. king chuckled deeply. "you know who else is dead? wilbur. however, there's an extremely higher chance of him being revived and oh boy is he not gonna like seeing this place or y/n in it. i also have connections with techno's voices. pretty sure i can make him get into shambles with you... speaking of y/n, i actually saw them a few days ago! they came here to visit you and oh my, they look really wonderful, don't they?" king perked up. he could ramble on about you for as long as he wanted.

quackity clenched his fists, seeing the twisted, obsessive look in king's eyes when he started switching up the conversation to you. king clapped his hands together. "alright, look, i'd like you to retrieve the goddamn revival book. i don't care how you do it, or who dies in the process, but do it for my precious y/n." "you know i got your head chopped off for a reason. i framed you so you'd be out of the way." quackity sneered, anger starting to boil in him. he started thinking about the way people from dream and sapnap, to king were putting you in danger back then.

"and you did really well with that. i salute you. but that doesn't mean you can't keep me off the land.. especially away from my y/n." king stated in a blank tone, his wicked smile curling upwards at the very idea of having you back. but first, he'd have to deal with quackity before karl.

——- ——- ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
OXYTOCIN - BILLIE EILISH.
okay y'all i know this song kinda freaky-✋🙄but basically, as the lyrics say, king has bad intentions. very bad intentions for you.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
I can see it clear as day
You don't really need a break
Wanna see what you can take
You should really run away
I wanna do bad things to you (To you)
I wanna make you yell (Yell)
I wanna do bad things to you (To you)
Don't wanna treat you well (Well).

——- ——- ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
this is my last bonus chapter i'll be writing. i have other ideas in store but i don't have the motivation to write them. i think i'll be shifting my focus on the possibility of a third book being written. i thank y'all for reading like a lot. for fair warning, i have a strange feeling that the third book will have an odd amount of detail and longer chapters since it focuses on a lot of characters at once. we'll see. until then, keep this book in your library somehow so you could get notified if you're interested in seeing a new book come out. once again, thank you so much! stay hydrated, healthy, and enjoy<333 much love.

w.c.: 1.4k+