BEFORE SOLAR APEX: THE THREE OF US AGAINST THE WORLD

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping.
- overall, c for comfort

RECAP

everyone sat at the dining table in eret's house, placing their weapons and tools down for examination. eret finally got a new home after his bank account was sorted out, still able to afford a small mansion.

he let everyone stay over the night, especially you and quackity, who ended up living there after getting evicted from the presidential house.

—- WITHIN ERET'S BACKYARD, y/n treaded in a desire to clear their thoughts. their arms dangled at their sides, feet shuffling through the soft grass blades, body sometimes twirling to feel the dusk's breeze flowing past them whilst the sun provided a skirt of soft, vibrant light at the horizon.

the clouds were also scattered in the sky, some looking full of fluff while others looked like they were splitting apart. you admired the nature around you in the empty field, paying close attention to the fiery sunset that had a careful beam in it, not irritating your eyes like the sun normally would in the middle of the day.

you paused, standing in the grass to take a break. you continued to stare at the trees and the splashes of colors in the sky, seeing some birds flying by chasing each other's feathered tails. you tried to sort out your protruding thoughts as best as you could.

you've been having mixed thoughts since something was happening tomorrow night. currently, you, eret, techno, karl, ranboo, and quackity stayed over at eret's new house for the time being. not just for fun or games. instead, they all made a plan on behalf of techno.

techno's objective was to capture dream, and send him to court. of course just the thought of dealing with dream made you feel angsty, feeling your stomach turning at the thought of the things he would do to you if you were in his hands again.

even after all the constant reminders and affirmations from everyone, you still felt extremely anxious from your part of the plan: you had to get kidnapped again. although it was more of a stimulated kidnapping, it was still scary to think of the scenarios that could go wrong.

as you were taking deep breaths to calm yourself, you felt a slight presence nearing you from behind. "hey! you doing okay, y/n/n?" eret called out, making you turn around and spread a shielding smile on your lips in return. "yeah. i'm all good!" you said a bit cheerily.

once eret was close enough to you, she noticed the familiar gloss in your eyes—a gloss that represented no good. they let out a concerned sigh, still staring at your face with a slight frown. "i can sense something off, y/n/n. tell me what's up." eret said in a consoling tone, putting his arm carefully around your shoulders and directing you to sit on the grass with him.

she waited patiently for you to unwind, seeing deep within the expression in your face and from your silence that you seemed hesitant to say anything, until you mirrored her sigh from earlier. "look i-i'm just.. nervous. it's stupid really." you said, looking away before forcing yourself to meet eret's eyes once more.

they sighed at you, shaking their head. "y/n/n, nervousness isn't an invalid feeling. elaborate, please." eret nagged ever so softly. you sighed again and then went on, this time being able to maintain eye contact in sincerity.

"the plan.. at least my part... i know you guys reassure me and i know you mean well. i know techno will protect me and what not, but i can't help but think that something worse will happen." you confessed, spilling yourself. you always felt safe with eret, having vented to her before. they let everyone around them feel consoled and understood, making sure everyone let themselves out healthily and comfortably when the time was right.

eret bit his lip before continuing on, "it's okay to feel that way. i bet you're not the only one having second thoughts as well, but i can't even imagine being in your position." he contemplated for a moment before speaking once more, "experiences weigh more than reassurances." you nodded in agreement.

"however... have you ever thought that maybe thoughts can come true?" you looked away, thinking for a moment, then nodded reluctantly. "that's most likely what will happen. if you bear constant reassurance, that side will manifest itself." eret explained, a bit of a proud smile present on her face, as she pondered back on past experiences. she felt like a parent passing wisdom to a child.

you turned away with raised eyebrows, thinking for a bit while picking at grass blades in the ground. the more you thought about it that way, the more your thoughts became positive. you started smiling to yourself, eret staring at you with admiration, and reflecting your smile on their lips. "hey, there it is. that's what we like seeing." eret complimented, nudging at your shoulder. your cheeks started to hurt from contorting into a grin, giggling as you stared back at eret.

"hey guys, does that cloud up there look like a ball sack!?" quackity yelled out, running over to the two of you while pointing at the sky. you and eret frowned with confused smiles on your faces, turning away for a moment to see nothing in the sky.

when the two of you stared back at quackity, he started breaking out in laughter, falling to the ground. at that point, the dirty jokes and fifth grade humor became contagious, making the three of you erupt in a fit of laughter while nudging each other down in the grass, clothes getting dirtied up bit by bit.

eventually, once the three of you calmed down from what felt like a hysterical high, all of you were laying on your backs touching shoulders, looking up at the sky, quackity smudged between you and eret. there felt like a juxtaposition present in the atmosphere, your backs against cold soil yet your bodies emitting warmth like you were heaters.

all you could hear is each other's breathing for a while, feeling your heart beat starting to calm down. afterwards, quackity spoke up, pointing towards the sky that was getting dimmer and dimmer. "what does that cloud look like?" the three of you started cloud watching, pointing at certain clouds and making fun of them before the sun would no longer cast its brightness, prompting the clouds to fade and make way for the darker sky to litter with stars and comets.

even then, you all stayed by each other for warmth, watching the sky lose its vibrance while night covered the kingdom, eyes settling on the twinkling rocks in the distance. it was a beautiful moment—a feeling succumbing where it felt like it was you, quackity, and eret being the only ones laying on the earth.

——- ——- ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
TOUGH ON MYSELF - KING PRINCESS.
this song expressions some difficulty in a relationship and alludes to commitment issues. however, you get the point. the song be about what the title of it is.

the song relates with y/n as they're being tough on themselves, feeling anxious as the plan gets closer and closer. but don't worry. lo and behold, quackity and eret is here to save the day!🤠

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Nobody told me
To sit down and shut up
And take this shit slowly
I'm so bad with attention
So my good intentions
Get bad when you hold me
I get too tough on myself
Sitting alone, making fun of myself.

——- ——- ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
trying my best to write more comfort than angst<3

//oh my gosh have y'all listened to halley's comet by billie eilish??? that shit beautiful asf and the sound fits this chapter perfectly but the lyrics and the song itself is a whole rollercoaster KANNSBKALA

w.c.: 1.3k+