CHAPTER X: ETERNALISM

eter·​nal·​ism
\ -ᵊlˌizəm \
a philosophical approach to the ontological nature of time, which takes the view that all existence in time is equally real—meaning that everything equally exists within the present. moments that occur are all in the present and stay almost in a state of un-attendance.

GUIDE TO ETERNALISM
- eternalism is one of the most famous philosophic concepts of how time in the universe is perceived.
- eternalism views that the past and future differently. all events occur in the present while past and future are almost a way of looking back or forward at memories. in a way, it can relate to the idea that events are already produced by the universe, suggesting that all these predetermined moments equally exist, (as the saying goes, "written out in the stars.") and they're just awaiting to unfold, not one being existing in any timeline or reality that is able to truly control their life. this concept is often argued against presentism.

key
- trigger warnings!: injuries/blood, mentions of kidnapping.

key- trigger warnings!: injuries/blood, mentions of kidnapping

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

BY THE TIME QUACKITY AND FUNDY arrived back at the presidential house, they were hyperventilating messes. quackity tried to help fundy inside as quickly and quietly as possible, getting past each tired stumble that fundy's legs presented.

when quackity got up to the butler's hall, he made fundy get in his bedroom instead, unlocking the door and dragging the tired ginger to his bathroom.

quackity took a moment to breathe as fundy settled down, sitting on the floor with his back against the bathtub, breathing heavily. quackity looked down at fundy, nodding at his friend before reaching out towards the cabinet and drawers directly underneath the sink.

once he found the med kit, he cried out in joy. "ahah! i got it!" he whisper-yelled. he sat next to fundy, both of them exchanging soft smiles despite the predicament they were in, before quackity cracked open the med kit, tending to fundy's wounds.

he began by cleaning up the many bruises and blood-soaked wounds, fundy having to take off his shirt so he could reveal some more harsh bite marks on his skin. fundy slowly reached into the med kit, grabbing some cotton pads and cleaning solution like quackity was doing.

quackity lightly slapped fundy's hand away. "oi! you're an injured man! just let me help you!" "alex, please. this will make the process quicker." despite quackity's protests, fundy ignored the other butler, cleaning his own wounds at the same time.

after a long while, the two sat in comfortable silence, their breathing becoming calmer and in-sync. then quackity suddenly dabbed on a bruise, making fundy let out a sharp intake of breath through gritted teeth. quackity's eyes widened, watching fundy slightly recoil.

"oh my gosh i'm so sorry!" quackity said, frantically apologizing in panic. "it's okay, alex... just.. could you please get an ice pack?" fundy asked softly, trying to calm quackity down. quackity nodded, stopping to tending to his friend's injuries and getting up, walking out into the halls towards the nearest kitchen.

when he was walking, he felt a hand grip at his wrist, stopping him from carrying on. "what are you two doing!? why did you come back so late!?" king caught up with quackity, standing in front of him and bombarding him with concerned questions.

"i just saw you helping fundy in the building and holy shit he looks injured!" king exclaimed in a state of panic. "yeah yeah okay! listen, king! we got into some trouble with pogtopia." quackity tried to make up a truthful excuse. he didn't know if karl would let him reveal the information about y/n being kidnapped by wilbur, so he kept it quiet.

"with pogtopia!? are you goddamn crazy!?" king's eyes were wide, a bunch of emotions brewing up inside of him. "king, please calm down! i need to tend to fundy first! you can yell at us tomorrow morning okay!?" quackity exclaimed back, a frown forming on his face as he walked past king, going to the kitchen.

king followed silently, trying to calm himself down as he saw quackity retrieve an ice pack from the fridge. "okay okay. i'm sorry. you're right. let's talk about this tomorrow." king said in a calmer voice, raking his hand through his hair out of stress.

"thank you." quackity said, sounding a bit pissed off unintentionally. king swallowed, continuing to follow quackity. when they got back to the bathroom, king came in, looking at fundy's injured state up close.

"oh gosh.. fundy..." king muttered while the two stared at one another, fundy putting a dirty cotton swab down on the pile next to him. quackity sat back down and pressed the ice pack on fundy's bruise, fundy looking back at him and bidding a quiet "thank you."

"jesus christ. i'm so sorry this happened to you." king said, slightly rocking on his feet. he eventually resorted to leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed in order to ground himself and his firing thoughts, biting his nails in thought as he watched quackity fixing up fundy. he had so many questions, but he didn't wanna overwhelm his two co-workers right now.

after a long moment of consideration, king, holding concern in his glossy eyes, adjusted his posture, standing up and reaching into his suit to pull out his communicator. "you know what? you can rest on it, alex. i'm gonna get a nurse. both of you deserve some rest and the day off tomorrow." king stated seriously.

"what? king, it's fine-" "no no no. both of you clearly been through some shit. i don't want to overwhelm you right now, so just get some rest. you'll be patched up fundy, don't worry. i stress you two out too much anyways." king argued against quackity, looking at the two of them with sympathetic eyes.

he didn't want to put his colleagues and good friends in danger. he knew anyone who worked under him didn't deserve that, especially working under royalty. however, he knew his own position, and other people like tubbo, quackity, and fundy's positions within the kingdom posed a threat in itself, and the three of them accepted being on king's side day-to-day, knowing the dangers.

king didn't think he'd see the day that those dangers would come to reality.. at least not right now. not while you were possibly in danger as well. it honestly scared him, trying his best to hide his fearful thoughts as he dialed a medical service on his communicator, stepping out of the room.

quackity sighed, nodding in a bit of defeat as he looked at fundy. "i guess this means good night. you'll be okay, fundy." quackity said softly. fundy nodded. "thank you. let me know if karl is okay too." fundy said, making quackity nod. "get some sleep man." "oh you know i will." fundy chuckled a bit, knowing that he'll be out like a light.

SHOULD MANBERG BE TAKEN DOWN?

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
fundy and quackity be an underrated duo y'all</3

w.c.: 1.1k+