CHAPTER XXIV: UNTIME

un·time
/ˌənˈtīm/
the absence of time; timelessness.

GUIDE TO UNTIME
- untime is a common feeling that travelers and timists often feel after traveling so much to the point where one realizes that they know maybe too much about how time works. it almost feels like time is nonexistent because it's such a vast concept to learn about, and to be a time traveler could prompt people to view time as completely limitless.
- untime isn't necessarily negative, but is a feeling that is truly felt on a great extent to time travelers or others who deal with time.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of murder, death, slight gore/blood, and kidnapping, obsessiveness, suicidal thoughts.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of murder, death, slight gore/blood, and kidnapping, obsessiveness, suicidal thoughts

LIBERTY COURTHOUSE, MANBERG.

MANY UPON MANY footsteps cascaded against the granite floors of the enormous courthouse. y/n has never seen a court this huge in their life. the front was decorated almost to disguise itself as an art museum with a statue of themis [greek goddess/titaness of good counsel. she's the personification of law and order, and is often seen holding the scales of justice, sometimes with a blindfold on] and other royal figures in history who have changed the course of law.

inside was even more mind-boggling. the architecture was fully decked out in roman style, many carvings of greek myths etched within pillars and walls. the inside had a great dome with a tinted skylight, some sunlight shining in and reflecting on the audience's faces. the whole place seemed like the size of a large cathedral, being able to fit tons of people.

crowds started to pile in, sitting on the wooden pews lined symmetrically in the middle of the room while you sat up front past the small gate that separated the front of the courtroom and the audience. you sat on the extra chairs behind a wooden table. next to you sat karl, techno, and quackity, all of you having to testify in the trial. you were pretty nervous. your first time being in court and having to be questioned in front of.. how many people?

that thought made you turn around, seeing crowds still piling in despite the pews already being full. there was so much chatter filling the air. people stood in the background, filing in the hallways to at least hear what was going on. the guards agreed to keep the doors open for the people in the hallways to hear as long as they didn't pose a security threat and weren't being disruptive.

even from outside, citizens of both manberg and greater dream smp were gathered along the front steps of the courthouse as some elites that had recording devices in the courthouse were broadcasting everything, people gathering to listen on radios from outside [this scene is inspired by queens gambit :)]. that only showed the importance of the trial. everyone wanted to hear what was gonna happen, and they were gonna sit or stand for no matter how long it took to hear the final verdict.

you let out a shaky exhale, turning back around to look at the people in the front area of the court who were part of the trial: the jury were being brought out and talked to one by one; the judge was setting themselves up; the wooden table on the other side had people testifying for wilbur's part of the trial—yeah that's right. there was a dual trial going on today—including phil, tubbo, and eret; a courtroom sketch artist and a stenographer [people who transcribe court trials] sat to the side, getting their equipment ready and trying to relax themselves as they knew they were gonna be strapped in for a while.