CHAPTER XVI: EPHEMERA

e·phem·er·a
/əˈfem(ə)rə/
things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time.

GUIDE TO EPHEMERA
- ephemera is just a fancier word for "why are you indulging in something short-lived?"
- be careful of ephemera.

key
- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness, alcohol usage, harassment, mentions of kidnapping and murder.

key- trigger warnings!: obsessiveness, possessiveness, alcohol usage, harassment, mentions of kidnapping and murder

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

Y/N DID THEIR NIGHTLY routine, feeling happy to catch up on some good sleep. when they exited the bathroom, turning the lights off behind them, they felt like getting a glass of water.

you started to tread the dark hallways, easily making your way to the kitchen. the atmosphere felt crisp and empty as usual, the only sound being your small footsteps against the floor and the quiet humming of the refrigerator.

you reached up to the cabinet, getting a glass, and then pulled on the fridge door's handle, grabbing ice and water before turning around. once you took a few steps forward, you felt an intense grasp wrap around your wrist, fingernails slowly digging into your skin to create crescent moons.

you winced, squeezing your eyes shut out of instinct for a moment. you felt your heart racing, hearing the person touching you breathing heavily beside you. you opened your eyes and turned your head to be met with sapnap, his broad figure slightly towering over you with a frightening face.

he leaned forward so you could view him better, looking down at you with eager eyes and a sloppy grin sprawled out on his lips. you looked into his eyes, feeling unsettled by the deranged glimmer and the way his irises pulsated intensely.

his breathing became unnatural, his heart rate irregular as he stared down at you. your eyes widened in fear. "sapnap... please l-let me go.." you nervously let out in a whisper. in your attempt to pull your wrist away, sapnap's face contorted into an angry scowl, gripping on tighter and pulling you back into him.

you bumped into his chest, letting out a small yelp as he unexpectedly wrapped his arms around you into a bear hug, making you bask in his warmth uncomfortably without permission. he let out a quiet squeal out of excitement. "oh y/n! how i've missed you!" sapnap exclaimed, a giddy smile spread out on his face.

he squeezed you a bit tighter, slightly swaying while you were in his arms before pulling away to look at you, still holding you. you saw how he looked at you with full adoration, his infatuated eyes practically reflecting in the small amount of moonlight from the window—there was so much gloss that it looked like he was about to cry out of happiness.

"y-you look absolutely stunning.." he let out, swallowing hard as he continued to stare at you, making you anxious. sapnap quickly shook his head, seemingly snapping out of his trance and flashing you a friendly smile. "i just came here to get you."