CHAPTER XIII: CAUSALITY

cau·sal·i·ty
/kôˈzalədē/
the relationship between cause and effect where one event contributes to the production of another.

GUIDE TO CAUSALITY
- causality is an easy concept to grasp.
- it is important to know causality's intricacies so that travelers can successfully predict the way events unfold before they occur and why.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping, injury, and death, alcohol usage.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping, injury, and death, alcohol usage

PRESIDENTIAL HOUSE, MANBERG.

THE GUARDS THAT WORKED their daily shift at the boundaries of manberg's presidential house thought that today was gonna be another day—the presidential house being somewhat empty in the afternoon and especially at night as people tried to return at work in the day, and participate in the manhunt for y/n.

however, they were in for a pleasant surprise as techno showed up at the front doors of the presidential house, his arm placed loosely around your shoulders as he led you beside him, wanting you to stay close for protection.

when the guards saw you, their eyes widened in shock, darting between the infamous pink-haired blood god and the missing gardener that king was so desperate to find. when techno stopped at the doors, the guards straightened their postures, gripping onto their weapons a little tighter. techno could sense their fear and surprise easily.

"i'd like to see king, please. i'm obviously here to drop off his gardener. i found them." techno stated sternly, holding an intimidating poker face. you nodded along with his statement, the guards relaxing as they saw you plant a smile on your lips and give them a small wave.

the guards glanced at one another in a short moment of hesitancy before pulling the grand entrance doors open, techno still having an arm around you to lead you in the familiar hallways. when he dropped you off at king's office, you were greeted by grateful smiles and smothered in hugs from quackity, fundy, and tubbo.

king had a private chat with techno, shaking hands formally and thanking his long time affiliate for finding you. techno wanted to show that it was him who dropped you off safely. he did this purposely to gain king's attention and catch the manbergian off guard. later on, techno would know his clever strategy would pay off.

now that you were back safely, king, fundy, quackity, and tubbo took very close care of you, making sure you were given the perfect medical attention and treatment like a princess/prince/royalty. they wouldn't allow you to return to work until the doctor that king called in said you were completely healed. even then, he was hesitant on putting pressure on you.

in the mean time, what king didn't know was that people were formulating a serious plan behind his back. you, quackity, fundy, karl, and techno all kept in contact, discussing by night and day time the plans of taking down manberg.