CHAPTER XXIX: WORMHOLE

worm·hole
/ˈwərmˌhōl/
a speculative structure linking disparate points in spacetime.

RULES TO WORMHOLES
- wormholes demonstrate how time travel works. travelers have to create wormholes through specific devices (the most common device being a chronographic watch) in order to travel limitlessly through the infinite space of the universe.
- study the arrows of time, spacetime, time dilation, and other important scientific concepts in order to understand how wormholes work, and how time travel works in general.
- NEVER leave wormholes open. it can create potential dangers and leave timelines more vulnerable to crossovers or concurrency.
- if ever stranded within a wormhole, it isn't recommended to linger in one for longer than 30 minutes as it has virtually the same effects as a black hole (ie. body and limbs stretching infinitely until death, physics and perception becoming completely distorted).
- for last resorts: if hard to escape from a wormhole, try to make it to hypertime (an interim-designed space in the universe that encompasses as many or infinitely many timelines in it).

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of blood.

key- trigger warnings!: mentions of blood

GREATER DREAM SMP.

IT WAS SHOCKINGLY easy to slip past the guards, not one of them paying attention to the masked guard walking out of the hotel. dream even waved goodbye to some of them on the way out, an unseen ecstatic grin sprawled out on his lips.

he finally gained his freedom back, feeling the fresh night air tingling at his skin. it felt nice not being in the hotel room. they should at least make a rule where guards can escort criminals for a lap outside dream thought.

he walked for a while, the whole kingdom initially appearing deserted as all the buildings' lights were turned off, shops closed, no activity going on whatsoever. he made sure to stay away from any spots where knights or guards were on duty, especially avoiding going anywhere near george's castle.

instead, as his thoughts raced with curiosity, he went to visit karl's house. he sometimes hung around karl when sapnap was with him, and he remembered where the brunette's house was. dream was perplexed towards why karl would even consider working with techno. a fragile personality like him working with a war criminal. why is that?

once dream reached the house on the other side of the kingdom, his dark guard uniform was able to camouflage him within the shadows of the walls of karl's house. he checked if there were any signs of guards or servants working since karl was an elite after all. he also checked if anyone was in the casual rooms through the uncovered windows.

when he saw no signs of anyone awake, he assumed karl lived alone and was probably sleeping. please be a heavy sleeper dream mentally prayed. he cautiously made his way to the front door since he noticed when looking inside from the windows that the back door seemed to be closer to the bedrooms. he didn't want to risk it.

he used the clean end of the bloody wire from earlier, lock picking the front door as quietly as possible. once the front door opened, he entered karl's house, looking around while locking the door behind him. he easily found the kitchen and living room, but before he could do anything, he had to confirm where karl was.

he went to the doors at the end of the hall. one is obviously a guest room while the other has to be karl's bedroom. he started carefully opening the doors, finding both bedrooms empty. it made dream confused for a long moment. karl must be staying with techno then dream concluded.

knowing that the house was completely abandoned, it made his job a whole lot easier. he began to strip search karl's house zealously, scouring drawers and bookshelves. he didn't care for karl much, messily leaving some emptied out drawers on the floor, and personal belongings disorganized throughout the house.

after a prolonged while occupying the house, dream finally discovered a hidden compartment in the wall, accidentally activating it as he threw something across karl's bedroom. that's when he found a purple book with a greenish-blue spiral on its cover. it was karl's time traveling book. he sat on the floor for a moment, flickering through the pages with sudden interest. the pages started to glow purple, some sparks coming out as his fingers grazed the pages.

his eyes lit up from underneath his guard mask. he always felt like karl was hiding something. now he figured out the man was a time traveler, and he could become one too.

SOMETHING DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT.

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
RUN THE ROAD - SANTIGOLD.
the lyrics tell a story of being tired of working within the industry. however, i've always interpreted it as having full control in the industry, so that's the way it's going to be looked at in dream's perspective. however, the song's original meaning can still relate and is quite possibly a foreshadow.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Flash that smile, it's an industry of service
Don't let 'em in when your humor's too low
Never too low
Never too low
Hang tight, there's a monkey on me
There's a deal I made gonna set me free
Got people lost in their thoughts
A glory sometimes, so I pay the cost
And I call it out when I go
One town down, tryin kill 'em all
It all rolls by like a highway
Take it all in 'cause it's gone today
We're gone to run the road now

——- ——- ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
the chapter soundtrack is dedicated to euphoria bcuz i've been wanting to rewatch it.

speaking of euphoria, i have a euphoria one shots book that i haven't updated in what feels like forever. idk what to write about in that book anymore tbh

w.c.: 900+