CHAPTER I: HOROMETRY

hor•om•e•try
/həˈɹɒmətɹi/
the art, practice or method by which time is measured in hours or by smaller units.

GUIDE TO HOROMETRY
- it's important for all time travelers to understand basic horometry in case if they get in a situation where standard time cannot be measured through traditional devices like chronographic watches.

key
-  **  - symbolizes flashbacks
- trigger warnings!: mentions of kidnapping and obsessiveness.

WHEN KARL RETURNED back to the bakery, he was greeted with niki and callahan sitting across from y/n, laughing along in a conversation

WHEN KARL RETURNED back to the bakery, he was greeted with niki and callahan sitting across from y/n, laughing along in a conversation. y/n welcomed karl back and scooted over, patting the spot next to them. karl smiled at the friendly gesture, feeling the butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

he took this opportunity to leave a friendly impression and make new friends with niki and callahan, seeing as he had a similar taste in humor to the two of them, especially callahan.

in the mean time, whenever he looked at you talking, he thought of a plan to figure out your whereabouts and what made you go missing. he needed to start up an investigation again like he did last time. however, he needed to figure out a more efficient way to get information without looking suspicious.

——- ——- ——-

GREATER DREAM SMP.

KARL KNEW IT WAS his time. once sapnap came home crying to him about y/n going missing, that's when karl knew it was his time to move. he needed to get his investigation going.

that night, he speedily cracked open his small, worn out journal, hoping his time traveling to a parallel universe didn't affect the usage of his personal items. to his luck, he was right.

he found the journal with his investigation notes, his names and connections of people written in a secret code so that if anyone had possession of this journal, no one could figure out what the information belonged to.

he began to read through the information over again, pacing around his room. the information was fairly short since he didn't know everyone involved in you going missing. his only connection he could sort out was the dream team and eret. he didn't get the chance to investigate manberg yet. he knew he should change that choice. but he decided to go over with what he had and start all over again, seeing if retracing his investigations and asking fresh questions could get more information than what he already had.

first person he investigated was sapnap. he made sure to search sapnap's house, breaking in at night when sapnap was out on duty for your manhunt. he couldn't find anything suspicious. he thought maybe sapnap kidnapped you in secrecy since he's the only person that he knows who has an obsession over you. surprisingly, it was hard to find any evidence of that. however, doesn't mean he's keeping his guard down.

then he went on to the dream team. he had a low expectancy of dream or george being involved in you going missing, but that didn't stop karl. he needed to get any connections. he couldn't trust anyone at this point.

when hearing all the rumors about dream, karl was too scared to search the masked man's house directly. so instead, he interrogated other knights and people who worked around him to see if he showed any signs of sociopathy. turns out, the man isn't too crazy. or is he?

after doing a briefing on george, hanging out with the depressed knight in a restaurant and letting him ramble about you being gone, he resorted to just telling george that if anything is suspicious from dream or sapnap, he shouldn't be afraid to inform him.

while being in eret's castle and being around the servants working in greater dream smp, that led him to investigate eret. as always, he couldn't find anything. he had an accusation that royalty or elite classes could easily conceal you from the public eye, making karl more on edge with the royalty and its politics it was dealing with. however, just like last time, he had to turn away with the small information that didn't point to you.

although, what did catch his ear was hearing elites argue about manberg and pogtopia. pogtopia. such an unfamiliar organization. it could be the perfect enclave to hide someone, right? nobody knows where they're residing and nobody wants to mess with them because they're trying to take down manberg's government. they have nothing to do with greater dream smp. still, they have a chance at being involved.

the more karl thought about it, the more he rounded up more accusations. as he looked down at his journal, he recognized how much more filled it was with questions than answers... all of those questions trying to weave themselves under one brutal answer: pogtopia.

"maybe i need to look into this more.." karl muttered to himself, staring at the name pogtopia until the spelling of it looked weird. he thought about where he could get connections to pogtopia. he knew nobody who was part of the organization, and he was sure that nobody would reveal themselves because it was risky. maybe they're in shambles with manberg.

speaking of manberg, his only inside connection was quackity. quackity. karl's body shot up out of his bed, his eyes wide. he could get more info from quackity!

before he could get too excited about his new mindset, and where his solo investigation was leading him, he calmed down, trying to go back to sleep. it's been almost two weeks since you were announced missing. it's better than over a month. tomorrow might as well be the time to get quackity's attention.

I HOPE THIS LEADS ME SOMEWHERE NEW.

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
i hope y'all are doing well and like the layout so far.
all i gotta say is that this is pretty hard to write with the plot that's been structured already. i've kind of figured out that this book is gonna be a lot shorter than GARDENER so bare with me. these chapters maybe shorter than normal and also the pace seems to move pretty quickly since for those who have read the first book, you already know what happened. at this point, it's just events piled on events but i'm still excited to keep writing. thank you for the support and for reading<33

w.c.: 1k+