THE PRESENT IV: CHARLIE

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of addiction, drug abuse, and nsfw stuff, sexual harassment.

EVERY ONCE IN A while, y/n likes to pay a visit to quackity. i mean after all, he's one of their best friends, and to see him also building a kingdom besides karl is astounding. y/n will always be his biggest cheerleader, seeing the ongoing political and economic growth of las nevadas unfold.

the first couple times, you'd visit with karl, especially during the day time when the desert looked somewhat like a wasteland yet still busy with traffic, elites usually staying inside due to the constant heatwaves of the humid biome.

quackity would always give you two a tour and show off his greatest structures proudly while serving free gourmet food. seeing his lifestyle adjusting to his own environment was interesting to say the least. he seemed more humble while in the presidential house. but now, his ego seemed to be heightened, being the president of an entire nation, and also being a professional gambler, having a win streak that was incredibly unbreakable.

upon the mention of quackity's casino, it made you slightly worried. you read articles and reviews about the hardcore night life that tourists were flocking for within las nevadas. it made you more concerned about his gambling addiction, seeing how the poker game truly changed him. plus, he was around so many people who abused drugs constantly, and drug possession wasn't necessarily illegal or restrained in las nevadas (with the exception of minors of course).

newspapers described every atmosphere being filled with smoke and alcohol as club dancers made their entrances on small stages facing horny customers. additionally, there seemed to be a slight concern but also ignorance for crime rate. las nevadas had so many tourists at this point that you'd think criminals would take advantage of young models passed out on couches, or drug dealers in sketchy alleyways. however, no big crimes were ever reported. small ones weren't even counted. it seemed almost.. sheepish... defenseless in las nevadas.

despite that, you still wanted to check in on your good friend, talk to him, keep him company in the day. when you went to visit him this time, you surprised him with some cookies in his office near the casino, and stayed there to just chat with him. to your demise, his behavior and ego seemed to get worse, las nevadas shaping him into a greedy, prideful person. he showed you the amount of valuable stacks of riches inside his vault, and it made you crack a shocked face, making him laugh it off.

you wanted to retaliate, tell him how much he's changed. but you didn't wanna be a rude guest. after all, it is quackity's life. he's an adult. he could do anything with the reputation he built up for himself. it shouldn't be your business in the first place, and it shouldn't be your place to make his own moral decisions.

once the day was coming to an end, noticing the sunset in his blackened windows of his office while you two were having a heavy moment of reminiscing in the past—which seemed to be the only thing that made him go soft and truly think about his impulsive decisions—and drinking wine to soothe yourselves, your began to stand up from your chair. "i think i'll head home, alex. it was nice seeing you as always." you said, bowing slightly out of courtesy.

quackity finished his wine glass and then stood up, stepping out from across his desk to put his arms around you for a hug. "it was really nice seeing you too, y/n/n." he said softly, patting your back as he hugged you tighter. "thanks for coming down to talk. i needed this." he went on, making you smile. "no problem! just call me if you need anything." with that, he led you outside of the building with an arm around your shoulders, saying hi to some of his servants walking by.

once outside, there was a cool night breeze that was starting to pick up, the temperature being a recognizable change to your skin. you both parted ways, you reaching up to adjust his beanie before departing. while walking on the utterly desolate sidewalks, walking by night clubs and concert areas that were blaring music and glowing with open signs, you clutched your arms to your chest, feeling the breeze continuing to pick up.