CHAPTER XVII: GRANDFATHER PARADOX

grand·fa·ther par·a·dox
/ˈɡran(d)ˌfäT͟Hər/  /ˈperəˌdäks/
the grandfather paradox is a potential logical problem that would arise if a person were to travel to a past time. the name comes from the idea that if a person travels to a time before their grandfather had children, and kills him, it would make their own birth impossible.

GUIDE TO GRANDFATHER PARADOX
- the grandfather paradox has been solved and proven by physicist Joseph Polchinski.
- the grandfather paradox is fixed by killing your grandfather in a parallel universe so that the timeline in the universe you currently reside in would stay untouched.

key
trigger warnings!: mentions of gore/murder, blood, and obsessiveness.

keytrigger warnings!: mentions of gore/murder, blood, and obsessiveness

GREATER DREAM SMP.

" LETS KILL HIM. " fundy suggested nonchalantly. quackity snickered a bit nervously, waiting for fundy's eyes to un-darken and add more context to his statement. when fundy just stared blankly at karl and quackity in silence, the duo sitting across from the ginger looked at each other with wide eyes, realization hitting them.

"wait wait.. tell me you're joking right?" quackity asked, his voice cracking slightly as he had a confused smile on his face, hoping it was all a sick joke. fundy's eyes began to shine under the light, gloss building up out of nervousness. he bit harshly down on his lip, almost making it bleed.

he tried to open his mouth to say something, but decided to refrain, shaking his head in response. karl and quackity just stared at the ginger, shocked that he even considered an option of that extremity. no wonder why he made you walk out of the room.

there was a moment of unsettling silence before karl interjected. "fundy, please. you can't be serious. we can't just do that out of the blue! how can we just murder someone!? we'll literally end up in prison or worse.. executed." karl said lowly, his stomach turning at the thought of his hands and clothes getting stained by his long-time friend's blood.

karl wouldn't hesitate to admit that sapnap was going way too far with you. he would definitely protect you from the knight. but murder never even crossed his mind. he was a delicate soul, knowing that death came along when the time was right. even the thought of murder made him feel sick.

the same thoughts went for quackity. however, unlike karl, quackity was able to stomach murder. he was used to hearing about war criminals and dealing with them in the past when working with king. he's seen his bunch of horrific crimes. although he'd never have the mind or strength to commit murder himself.

fundy, on the other hand, was on the edge. he was willing to do absolutely anything for you.. and the last resort would be if sapnap was gone... whether death would come to him naturally, or would have to be brought to him by a murderer.

"listen, i'll do the killing okay? any crimes we plan out, i'll take the blame. i'll risk it all just for them!" fundy exclaimed as calmly as possible with a wavering voice, noticeably clenching his fist on the table with passion. his glossy eyes that threatened to spill tears darted between karl and quackity and the restroom doors, signaling that he was talking about you.

"but that's way too far, fundy. i'm sorry. i will always support your endeavors but-" quackity tried to butt in, feeling his heart racing out of terror. "no! hear me out, please. karl, you said from the very start we'd do anything we could to save y/n. to protect them. that's exactly what i'm doing!" fundy interrupted, staring mostly at karl before turning back to quackity.

"think about it. i don't mean to be the guy to compare but war criminals switch up. they snap and respond at something. look at technoblade! he's holding himself up through murder. what's going on in his head? no one has a clue. but i'm about to switch up too. i'm sick and tired of seeing all these obsessive people going after y/n like they're a prize. it's about time we deal with them or else y/n is gonna suffer the most." fundy begged on.

quackity and karl sat in shock, their mouths slightly agape. they didn't know how to respond. quackity could try convincing fundy as much as he wanted, but he knew the man was stubborn and adamant. they decided to soak in his words for a bit, thinking back to technoblade.

karl remembered reading through past psychology reports about the pink-haired man, reading interviews of him when he was caught in an asylum saying that he heard voices that would tell him that he needed to murder, specifically for blood. that's why techno was dubbed as the blood god. quackity's leg bounced nervously as he took in fundy's point, already having knowledge of the way death row murderers have expressed their thoughts.

the two men were so engrossed in blank imagination that after a very, very long moment, fundy had to gain their attentions back. "hey. what are you two thinking?" he asked, snapping karl and quackity out of their anxious heads.

as they looked at fundy with worried eyes, fundy saw you opening the restroom door, coming out towards the table slowly. he hurriedly straightened his posture and composed himself, staring back at karl and quackity. "you better make a decision. i'm waiting for your call." fundy whispered to them before you came back to the booth.

SHOULD WE ACCEPT FUNDY'S DECISION?

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
i've written a lot since the prologue of this book came out. however, i've recently been having some creative burnout and so far there's only 5 chapters that are fully written after this. so just a heads up that uploads may be slow after chapter xxii comes out. i don't want to force my writing since i've noticed that doing so ends up with a product that isn't as good as i wanted. thank you for reading<3

w.c.: 1k+