CHAPTER XXXI: ETERNITY

e·ter·ni·ty
/əˈtərnədē/
infinite or unending time.

GUIDE TO ETERNITY
- eternity refers to timelines that are infinite and never ending, mostly referring to timeline loops.
- although almost every timeline could be considered infinite as the size of the universe is also infinite, most timelines are labeled "dead/damaged", "at their end", or "discontinued" since the occupying worlds, entities, and events in those timelines stop occurring, or the timeline itself gets completely destroyed.
- when a timeline is in a predicament where it becomes stuck in a certain time period, is looping on certain events to the point where it becomes "discontinued", or the arrow of time becomes distorted, this timeline is considered an eternity.
- eternities are often difficult to get out of and can damage time traveling devices since eternities go against the concepts of a normal timeline (ie. arrow of time doesn't give you a basic model of how the time in an eternity works, sometimes time dilation is incomprehensible).
- eternities are often born through time accidents such as disorganization of a timeline, destroyed timelines, or crossovers.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of blood and obsessiveness, injury infliction.
- angst

GREATER DREAM SMP

GREATER DREAM SMP.

DREAM SAT UP IN the bed of his hotel room, this time with purpose. he stayed awake and heavily studied as much of the science within the time traveling book as he could. he requested to get a notepad and pencil, and started practicing time dilation equations, trying to practically tattoo the math in his brain.

he learnt that the reason why a traveler ends up in a different spot in time and not the exact time one would dial on a chronograph is due to time dilation and spacetime. turns out the relationship between space and time creates a four-dimensional manifold where space and time are separated in different places. he definitely saw that in the spacetime diagram and other illustrations provided.

[basically this funky ass diagram that i don't even understand at all but that's about all i know of spacetime🤷‍♀️]

he also realized from reading the descriptions in the book that time traveling occurs through a wormhole, and it normally happens within nanoseconds—even less than a blink of the eye—when one gets used to it. that's why he saw time slow down, and what the inside of a wormhole looked like. he hoped to achieve the normal feeling of time traveling soon.