CHAPTER XXVIII: TRANSIENT

tran·sient
/ˈtranSHənt,ˈtranzēənt/
lasting only for a short time;
impermanent.

RULES TO TRANSIENCY
- if an event is transient, it's important to conserve energy for time travel. do not waste all your energy on a transient event.

key
- trigger warnings!: injury infliction.

key- trigger warnings!: injury infliction

GREATER DREAM SMP.

IT OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT a pleasant time for dream. he woke up in a hospital bed, having to be treated for the enchanted arrows that techno used on him. he began remembering how he caught you. he had you again, and then you just slipped right through his fingers. he remembered the pink hair and boar skull mask combination, revealing techno himself.

he also remembered a familiar person beside techno, but he couldn't recall them quite clearly. before he could think to himself some more, the doors opened to reveal a doctor and some royal authorities he recognized.

the doctor talked first, explaining his condition and that he was fine. he would be released soon. however, the royal authorities didn't look too happy.

"dream.. you're..." the main authority paused, not knowing what to say before sighing. "you're going to be having a court trial soon. the things you've done... how could you?" they spoke with a mix of venom and disappointment in their voice.

dream had a blank face underneath his mask, not knowing how to feel. he knew what was bound for him next. "dream, you're going to be sent to a temporary hotel room on behalf of the counsel. you might as well get some sleep there."

——-                       ——-                       ——-

DREAM ALREADY KNEW the protocol. he was cooped up in a guarded hotel room with boarded up windows like wilbur, king, and anyone else who previously had criminal court trials against them. he also had his weapons and any belongings found in his inventory completely stripped from him.

the only good thing about his stay was that he could request as much food, beverages, or books (including sketchbooks and coloring books with limited art supplies) as he wanted. that's about it. the guards nor did the counsel allow anything else.

so dream spent his time in bed, eating away at tiramisu and drinking tea, a guilty pleasure he wished he could've shared with y/n. as he carefully placed another empty mini plate—dark brown crumbs of chocolate tiramisu being the only remnants on it—on the nightstand, he laid back, his arms placed behind his head.

he started thinking hard about the events that happened way earlier. he looked over and stared at the clock across the room, thinking back to when he finally got you, and then technoblade interrupted... who was the person beside him? that thought made him irritated.