Chapter Fifty-Six

Kanao ran upstairs to Mono who just waved the Ubuyashiki couple off. Mono's deep pink gems stared at the young girl. "What's wrong, Kanao-san?"

"Tanjiro-san is awake." Kanao lead the older teen downstairs. Mono had a gentle smile on her face. "How'd you sleep Tanjiro-san?" Mono asked the younger teen.

"I slept well." The male said with a yawn.

"How long did I sleep?" Tanjiro asked. Mono looked up at the clock on the wall. "If you slept for three more minutes it would have been twenty-four hours." Mono stated. "I know I said rest is important when you take the medicine but to much rest just isn't good for you. How about you get outside and do some relaxing stretches to loosen your muscles."

"How are Inosuke and Zenitsu doing?"

"They're outside doing some stretches too. I want you to take it easy when you guys go back into training." Mono said placing some clothes on the bed. "Mono-nee." Tanjiro said, hesitantly. Testing the honorific. Mono stared at the young male, giving him the "okay" to keep going.

"I've been meaning to ask you about your necklace. Why's it a vile of blood? Who's blood is it?" Tanjiro asked. Mono pulled on the string, raising the vile in front of her.

"This is the blood of a close family friend of ours. He use to be a Demon Slayer like you and I. His name was Tsugikuni Yoriichi. He was a strong Demon Slayer. My ancester and him were strong enough to face Muzan. When he passed on, his final request was to take his blood and put in something safe. This vile you see here. He said that he wanted a part of him to be around when Kibutsuji is defeated." Tanjiro stared at the vile, amazed that there were some people strong enough to take down Muzan.

Mono left the young boy to change. Kanao stood by the door. Mono smiled at her. "I'll get him back to you soon, don't worry. At the rate thise boys are going they'll be able to leave by tomorrow." Mono said, giving the taller girl a pat on the head. Kanao's faced flushed a pink color.

***

The boys were outside doing easy going exercises. Mono was watching them from the engawa. Uzui and his three wives came out and greeted the white haired teen. "You've healed nicely." Mono said, her gaze landing on the retired Hashira. "I'd say you'd be ready to leave by sundown." Mono said, standing up. "Where you going?" Uzui asked. "I got to take Ubuyashiki's kids back to him."

****

By the time Moni got back the sun had already set and she was making her way back to the estate. Uzui and his wives left that night along with Kanao and the butterfly girls. The moon was already rising in the night sky by the time Mono arrived home. Tanjiro was still exercises. Rui and Enmu were inside taking care of Zenitsu and Inosuke. Daki and Gyuutaro sat on top of the rooftop watching Tanjiro. Nezuko sat on the engawa watching her brother as well.
Mono walked out on the engawa and placed a hand on the younger teens head and gingerly pat it. The small demon hummed in acknowledgement. The older teen walked over to Tanjiro. "Try not to over work yourself, Tanjiro-san." Mono told the teen. "You can't get stronger if you exhaust yourself like this." Mono lead the male back to the engawa where his sister sat. The two demons that sat on the roof watched the girl.

"Mono-nee." Tanjiro suddenly said. "How do you get your powers?" Tanjiro asked. "I can show you if you'd like. If I have permission from both you and Nezuko-san. I'd like to take a blood sample from Nezuko-san." Mono said. The two siblings looked at each other. "Are you okay with it, Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked his demon sister. Nezuko hummed and agreed to let Mono take a blood sample. Mono lead the two into the house.
The two demon siblings watched the three leave. Daki grew curious and dropped from the roof. "Where are you going?" Gyuutaro asked his younger sister. "Following them." Daki said, pointing to the three that left. "Why?"

"I'm curious." She said following after the three stealthfully. Gyuutaro jumped off the roof and followed after his sister. The two demon siblings hid behind Mono's office door. The two stared at the smaller teen, watching her pull out a syringe. She stuch the needle into Nezuko's arm and extracted the blood.

"My abilities were given to me. Just not in a way you'd expect. It wasn't by genetics but by... to put it lightly, mutation." Mono explained. The two demon siblings looked at each other confused. Mutation? The two peeked throught the door again, watching Mono closely.

The four watched Mono inject the blood into her veins. The three sat patiently waiting. Mono suddenly stood up and told the two to follow. Gyuutaro and Daki panicked and quickly bolted down the hallway. The two ran into Rui and Enmu and knocked each other back.

"What are you two doing?" Rui asked, picking himself up.

"That's none of your business!" Daki cried out.

Thud

Thud

Thud

The four demons looked back and noticed Mono with Tanjiro and Nezuko. "Mono-sama!" Enmu gushed and walked over to the young slayer. "What are you doing up this late?" Rui asked. Mono turned to the group.

"Showing them my new ability."

***************************************************************

Sorry no Taisho Secret. I just want to apologize for being inactive. It has been a rough few months because college has now started. Thank you for being patient I appreciate it a lot!