Chapter Four

Mono stood in front of the mirror looking at her uniform. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted that Maeda Masao chick with my uniform." Mono said to herself, glaring at the mirror. Five, Eight, and Eleven stared up at the flustered girl. Her cheeks had a pink hue to them. Mono's Kasugai crow rested on her shoulder.

"It's not that bad." Mono's crow said. The four looked at the bird. The crow shrugged her wings and chuckled awkwardly. Mono rolled her eyes and looked down at the three nome like creatures. "Do you three have everything packed?" The nomes nodded their heads. "There all in the bag, right?" They nodded again.

"Double check." Mono said. The three scattered and looked around to find anything they were missing. They came back with empty hands. "All right then. You know the drill." Mono said. The three nomes turned into crystal orbs. Mono placed them in her belt's pouches. She placed her two bags over her shoulder. "Alright, let's go." She said to herself.

"I'll guide!" Her crow chirpped happily.

*****************

Mono and Makero arrived in Asakusa by nightfall. The city's lights lit up the night sky, the food smelled amazing. Mono could feel eyes on her. "There's a lot of people staring at you, Mono-sama."

"I get it." Mono stopped walking and looked around. Makero looked at the girl. "Mono-sama, what's wrong?" Through all the different smells of the food and the people, one stuck out like sore thumb. She followed the scent leaving behind a confused Makero. She pushed her way past people. She caught sight of a familar burgundy colored hair.

"There you are, Ototo-san." Mono said placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. Tanjiro turned his head to the white haired girl.

'Mono-san? What's she doing here?'

"I apologize for my little brother's behavior mister. He slipped away from me. He must have thought you were someone he knew." Mono said. The male in front of the two had plum red eyes. He had unnaturally pale skin, curly black hair. His pupils were vertical slits. He wore a white fedora with a red ribbon. He wore a fancy black tuxedo and a white tie over a black dress shirt and white dress pants. He also wore black loafers.

His plum red eyes widen slightly at the young girl. "Mono?" He muttered.

"Daddy, who are these people?" A little girl asked. Her hair was a dark color in twin braids. She had pink ribbons that kept them from coming undone. She had chocolate brown eyes. She wore a white long sleeved dress shirt under her red dress, with a yellow ribbon that tied in the front.

Tanjiro's eyes were wide. 'He's living as a human!'

"What's going on?"

"Mama!"

The woman looked at the two slayers. She looked at Mono's outfit in disgust. She looked at her daughter and smiled. She wore a white hat with a blue ribbon. She wore a blue scarf around her neck. She had a white dress shirt on and a blue skirt.

"Do you know these two?" She asked. "No there just some children we don't know. The girl claims that the boy has mistaken me for someone else." While his wife and daughter were distracted by the two he made swift motion with his arm and sliced a man's neck. The man fell into his wife's arms.

"Darling, are you okay? Darling, you look sick." The woman's husband grabbed a hold of her and bit her on the shoulder. Mono and Tanjiro took action. Tanjiro took care of the male while Mono took care of the male's wife. Muzan and his wife and daughter ended up fleeing the scene. Tanjiro yelled out to him telling him that no matter where he went he wasn't going to get away. Two officers appeared trying to tear Tanjiro off the male.