Chapter Sixteen

Shinazugawa placed his hand on his cheek. Blood spilled out of the cut. The Hashiras eyes were wide. Most of there eyes landed on her uniform. The one's who stared looked away faces flushed red. Shinazugawa glared at the petite girl. "That was a warning. Put your sword down, now." Mono said with a harsh glare. Her hand was placed on her thigh ready to grab another knife.

'She's so pretty when she's mad.' Kanroji said looking at the young Demon Slayer.

'Come on Tanjiro stand up!' Tanjiro told himself.

Tanjiro stood up and ran over to Mono. "I will never forgive anybody, Hashira or not, who hurts my little sister!!" Shinazugawa laughed and stabbed the box again. Tanjiro charged at the male, Mono followed after.

"Stop it!! Oyakata-sama is arriving soon!" Tomioka yelled. Shinazugawa paused for a second, but quickly swiped his sword missing Tanjiro. Tanjiro jumped high in the air and head-butted the male. Mono grabbed a hold of him and kicked his leg and flipping him over. Shinazugawa's legs were over his head as he lied on the ground. Mono walked over to the male and sat down right on him. Keeping him from doing anything.

"Every action has a consquence, look what happened when you think irrationally. You get taken down by two Mizunotos."

"Pff... I'm so sorry." Kanroji said.

'Although Tomioka interjected on the side there, they still managed to take Shinazugawa down.' Iguro said looking down at the two lower ranks.

"You damn brats."

Mono covered her mouth, not use to hearing people swear. She looked down at the bleeding white haired male. Shinazugawa kicked the petite girl off of him.

he girl landed on the ground with a hard thud

he girl landed on the ground with a hard thud. She sat herself back up, her eyes narrowed at the male. "I'm gonna rip you two to shreds!!"

"Oyakata-sama has arrived!" One of man's children said. Two girls sat on each side of the shoji door. The man walked through the door. The girls shut the door and grabbed onto his hands.

"So you have come. My cute little swordsmen." The man had black shoulder length hair. He was a tall, about six feet. His daughters lead him to the front of the engawa. Makero rested on his shoulder. "Good morning everbody. We have some nice weather today. Is the sky blue?" The man asked in a soothing tone. "Our members have gathered for the Hashira meeting we hold once every six months as per usual. I find this pleasurable."

Tanjiro looked at the male, Shinazugawa grabbed the back of his head and slammed it down on the pebbles. 'I couldn't react at all.' Tanjiro thought. Rengoku grabbed Mono and placed her between himself and Tokito. He placed his hand on the girl's head and made her bow. Mono looked at Rui, he stared at her from the side of the building. His kimono still covering him from the sun. Mono scolded herself for leaving him there.
"We find it most honorable to be in your presence, Oyakata-sama. We eagerly pray for much happiness upon you." Shinazugawa said to their master. 'Who knew such a vulgar grandpa could be well mannered.' Mono thought to herself.

"Thank you, Sanemi." Oyakata said, his two daughters helped him sit down.

'I wanted to be the one to greet Oyakata-sama.' Kanroji's face flushed red. "Let me humbly say there are two soldiers present in the Hashira meeting by the name of Kamado Tanjiro and Mono. They both brough demons with them. I would like to explain the senario so will you allow me?" Shinazugawa asked.

"I see. I'm sorry they have surprised you all. I have given my approval for Tanjiro and Nezuko. And Makero here, has already told me of Mono and Rui. So I want everyone here to accept them." Oyakata said pointo to Monoo's crow that rested on his shoulder. The group of Hashiras were shock at what Oyakata had suggested. Accept demons? There's no way he was serious. Most of the Hashiras opposed, others were silent or didn't care. The only person who really agreed was Kanroji.

Shinazugawa hated the thought of letting demons into the corps. "We are Demon Slayers who annhilate all demons. I want to punish Kamado, Tomioka and Mono." Shinazugawa said.

"The letter, please." Oyakata said

"Yes." His daughter said. She opened the letter and said, "We received this letter from the formor Hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji-sama. I'll read an extract from it."
The girl read the letter, "please forgive Tanjiro for being with a demon. Nezuko has a tenacious spirit and she retains some human reasoning. Even when she's starving, she doesn't eat humans. And she has stayed that way for more than two years. You may find this sudden and difficult to believe, but this is the unmistaken truth. If by any chance Nezuko ever does attack someone, Kamado Tanjiro as well as Urokodaki Sakonji and Tomioka Giyuu will cut their own stomaches as an apology." The girl said.

"As for Mono it is a different story." Oyakata said, he gestured to Makero to speak. The crow flew to Mono and landed on her head. "Mono-sama has brought one of the Twelve Kizuki's here." The Hashira's eyes widen.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Shinazugawa yelled at the girl, he stood up and drew his blade. Mono ignored him. "Makero, please continue." Oyakata said to the bird. He placed a finger over his lips, hushing the Hashiras. Telling them to listen.

"Mono-sama brought a Twelve Kizuki, but she has no dark intentions. Out of all the days I've spent with her she has shown kindness to the demons she's faced. She puts herself in there shoes. I even asked why she was being so nice to demons. Her response was, "Imagine being in their place, whether being sick, a lost soul trying to find a purpose, or just being forced. Some were desperate to stay alive a little while longer, some had ill intentions of course, but there was always a reason for them turning into demons". I finally understood why she was so kind to them." Makero said. Mono looked up into the crows eyes.
"Mono-sama even said that they were being manipulated to the point where they actually believe that Muzan's a good person. We met... We fought a couple of demons nearly a week ago." "Sasumaru and Yahaba." Mono helped her crow out with the name. "Sasumaru and Yahaba. Mono-sama fought against Sasumaru for a while. She ended up telling her that Muzan was going to kill them off after he gets what he wants. The demon was so angry that she ended up saying his name. Before the curse could kill her off, Mono-sama killed her before the curse could. Mono-sama looked at us and said, "I didn't want to see her suffer." Makero said.

************************ Taisho Secret *************************

Mono: "Time for a Taisho Secret. The only time Makero refers to me as 'Chan' is when she's really scared or worried about me. She calls me Sama because she says I deserve the respect."