Chapter Fifty-Eight

Mono stared at the ripped kimono. "She killed herself so she wouldn't be a danger to others." Mono said. Kokushibou nodded his head. "I was the one that killed the Uppermoon. I was disappointed in myself that I didn't save her." Mono looked down at Rui who laid his head on Mono's lap. She played with the young demon's hair. She picked the white haired demon up. "You should be proud. Mono made a sacrifice for those people. And in return you avenged her. Pretty heroic if you ask me." Mono said. Mono went inside leaving the two demon's outside under the moonlight. The two demon's smiled as they watched Mono walk back inside.

******

Rain poured that early morning. Most of the Hashiras hung around Mono's estate waiting for her arrival. The young girl had been on a mission, she was raising through the ranks with ease. Her ranking was at Hinoe. She surpassed Kanao already and she was training under a Hashira. Mono wasn't impatiently raising it was actually Ubuyashiki who was testing her abilities.

"Guys!!!" Makero cried flying rapidly.

Demons, and Hashiras looked towards the flying bird. The Hashira stood outside while the demons stood on the engawa under the shade. 

"Mono-sama is coming!" The crow babbled on about Mono and how she took down a lowly demon. "Who's the rat with wings?" Daki whispered to her brother. Gyuutaro shrugged his shoulders.

"Rat!" Makero stopped talking. Before Makero could yell at Daki they heard a nice soothing voice.

"I'm home."

The group looked over to Mono and watched her walk up to the engawa greeting everyone that has showed up. The white haired girl was drenched.

"I'll go make Ane some tea." Rui said. Mayu follwed Rui with Kiri in her arms. She always liked watching him make tea.

Mono sat down beautiful blue flames coated her hand. Drying aherself as much as she could. Rengoku and Akaza searched for some warm blankets for Mono. Mitsuri was talking to Mono and fixing her beautiful long white hair. She put it up in a braid. She couldn't help but gush about how amazing the young teen was. Mono gave the pink to green haired girl a small smile which made Mitsuri blush.
Obanai who had followed Mitsuri to Mono's estate glared at Mono. He wanted to be the one to make Mitsuri blush.

Daki and Gyuutaro watched the young teen. They had no idea if they could trust her. But seeing how both Lowermoons and Uppermoons were treating her maybe they could trust her too. At least Daki felt it was okay to trust her.

Gyuutaro was wary on the other hand. Sure she's showed nothing but kindness to them. But it could all be an act.

*************

When that morning arrived and Sanemi stomped through the forest. Rain drenched his hair and clothes. His glare hardened once he reached the headquarters. He never bothered getting his injuries checked by Shinobu. He never bothered visiting Ubuyashiki and telling him of his mission. There was only one thing running through his thick skull. His fists turned white when he clenched them.

Kill Mono.

There was something telling him that Mono was the one behind the destruction of that village. The crystals, the fire. It had to be her. He knew it, who else could it have been?

Sanemi bolted towards the direction Mono's estate was. He shoved Giyuu out of the way, knocking the poor male to the ground. "Out of my way, Tomioka!"

Giyuu watched the white haired male run towards Mono's estate. It took Giyuu a couple seconds to realize where Sanemi was going and why. He knew Saneni didn't like Mono but he never had a reason to go to her estate. But the look he held on his face. He was pissed.
Giyuu quickly stood up and followed the enraged white haired male. The two arrived at Mono's estate and Sanemi barged right in. Giyuu followed him in. It may not look like but Giyuu feared for Mono's life. He hasn't gotten the chance to know her on a personal level, but she seems like a really nice person.
Sanemi tackled Mono to the ground he pinned her against the wooden floor. Everyone came to see what the loud noises were. Everyone's eyes widen in shock. The white haired female struggled until she finally kicked the male off. She swiftly made her way outside into the rain. Sanemi ran after her
The group quickly followed the two outside.

Sanemi closed in on her.

"I'm gonna kill you, you brat!"

He was about to grab her until Mono planted her foot into the ground. She turned around to face the angry male and grabbed his arm. With one swift move she kicked her leg beneath him and pushed him to the side. Rengoku and Mitsuri came over to Sanemi and held him down. Well Mitsuri held him down and wrestled him.

 Well Mitsuri held him down and wrestled him

Akaza, Rui and Enmu helped Mono up.

"Mono-sama! Are you okay?!" Akaza cried out. Akaza then turned to Sanemi. "Why would you do that to Mono-sama!" Akaza yelled at the male. Sanemi struggled getting out of Mitsuri's hold.

"That bitch. She destroyed an entire village!" Everyone stopped what they were doing. Sanemi finally stood up and glared at Mono.
"What do you mean I destroyed an entire village?"

"Don't play dumb with me, bitch!" He threw the crystals at Mono. They fell to her feet and Mono bent down to pick them up. She looked at them closely. Obanai stepped away from Mono along with Giyuu. Sanemi just glared at the girl. Mitsuri tried walking over to Mono but was held back by Obanai. "Stay away from her." Rengoku had no idea what to think.
Mono was his friend. She saved him. But he remember that she also killed fellow Demon Slayers. She couldn't have really destroyed a village... could she?

************************ Taisho Secrets ************************

Mono: "Time for a Taisho Secret."

Mono: "Mitsuri loves styling my hair because it's so long. Daki gets a little jealous because she also want to style my hair."