Chapter Fifty-Seven

The group followed the older Demon Slayer out to the engawa. The large group watched the white haired female step out onto the field where a practice dummy stood still.

"By taking the blood from a demon and injecting it into my veins correctly. I can gain the abilities similar to the demon I took it from. Take Nezuko-san for example. I just took a blood sample from her and had just injected it into my body. Both her and I have fire abilities, but she can set her blood on fire. I can't... but now that I injected her blood into myself I now have gained those abilities as well." Mono explained walking up to the dummy. The young teen dug her sharp nails into her arm, and made a clean slice down her forearm.
Blood splattered all over the ground and onto the dummy. She stepped away from the dummy. When she was a good distance away, she clenched her fist and the blood burst into bright blue flames.

The group stared at the young woman in awe. Tanjiro, Nezuko, Rui and Enmu ran over to the white haired teen. They had so many questions to ask. It came so naturally to her, it was unnerving. Something wasn't right.
The demons kept silent about her newly gained power. While Tanjiro and Nezuko could keep quiet about their questions. It was amazing how fast she gained the power let alone learned to use the power in a matter of a small conversation. Mono just stared at the two young siblings. "You two should get to bed, it's getting late." Mono said walking passed the siblings.

The group made it back inside of the estate. Tanjiro and Nezuko had gone to their shared room with Inosuke and Zenitsu. Gyuutaro and Daki went to their rooms and Enmu went to his. Rui stuck with Mono, helping her clean up the estate. Mono turned to the small white haired male.

"You know you don't have to help me, you know?"

"But I want to." Rui said. Mono chuckled and pat his head. The two continued to clean up the cozy home.

**********

Akaza and Kokushibou ran swiftly through the woods. If they were alive their cold dead hearts would be pounding in their chest. Mono's death repeatedly played in their heads. Kokushibou was nearly in tears. He had grown attached to her. She had helped her when she needed him the most. To see her die in so many was was now a fear of his. He knew she was strong but now he can't help but worry about her safety.
As for Akaza he held so much rage. He wanted to kill the Uppermoon Zero for speaking of Mono's name in such a way. When her death comes he hopes it's long and torturous. Mono is the kindest person he's ever met and he doesn't want to see her go out like that. He wants her to live her life happily, the way she deserves.
Mono's estate was right up a head the two quickly ran inside searching for the white haired teen. The two demons spotted her in the dinning room with Rui cleaning up the room. The two Uppermoons immediately hugged Mono tightly in a cold embrace. The two surprised the girl, but she hugged them back.

"What's gotten into you two?" Mono questioned.

"We saw you..." Akaza started, but he couldn't even speak. He didn't want to think if what happened. He buried his face into Mono's hair. Kokushibou finally spoke up for Akaza.

"We watched you die." Kokushibou stated bluntly. The images replayed themselves in their mind. Kokushibou shook the feeling and continued speaking.

"Uppermoon Zero she used her Blood Demon Art. Images of you dying over and over again." Kokushibou explained. Rui's eyes widen. The thought of losing his big sister figure scared him. He looked up to Mono. "Ane, you won't let her kill you right?" The young demon asked clinging to her night shirt. Kokushibou and Akaza looked at the white hired girl.
She knew that this Uppermoon Zero could end up being the death of her. "Rui-san. I will do everything in my power to stay alive. But if I do die I want to die protecting my family." Mono kissed Rui's forehead and gave Akaza and Kokushibou tight embraces.