Chapter Twelve

"Be killed by mother in the next few moments." The male said. Inosuke pounced off of Mono's back nearly pushing her over. He land on a tree and pushed himself off towards the white haired male.  "Hey!!" His sword swipped the air, just missing the boy. Inosuke fell. "Damn it!! Where are you going?! Come back gere and fight me!!"

"Ugh." Inosuke hit the ground.

"Tanjiro-san." Mono said looking at the male. He looked back at her. "I'm gonna go follow him." She said.

"Mono-san, are you sure that's a good idea?" Tanjiro said. "I'm getting an unsettling vibe from him. I'm gonna follow him." Mono jumped as high as she could, landing on the string. "I'll be right back." She said.

"Be careful, Mono-san!"

*******

Moni ran down the webs, moving swiftly and silently. 'Tanjiro-san's right about the smell. It smells awful.' The rotten smell grew stronger with each step she took. Mono stopped sliding across the web string she was on. "What is that?" She asked herself. There was a house being held by spider webs, dangling above the ground. Mono covered her nose and mouth. 'I can't stay here any longer. The smell is too strong.' The girl left the place as fast as she could.

She could still smell it but it was a faint smell. "Where did that boy go?" Mono asked herself. She caught sight of a woman with the same facial features as the boy's. Red don't covered her face, same white hair. Fear was written all over her face. She moved her arms around, making odd gestures. Mono realized she was the one using the other slayers like puppets.
She could feel the fear coming from the woman. A thick crystal coating layered over the thin layer on her legs and the bottoms of her feet. A crystal mask covered her face. The girl dropped down to the ground staying as quiet as she could. She grew closer to the woman sitting on the rock.

Mono stepped out of the trees. "You're afraid." Mono said, suddenly. The woman gasped, eyes wide. The woman faced the masked girl. The woman pointed her hand in asui's direction. Webs shot out of her fingers. Mono cut the webs swiftly, shocking the woman. More webs shot out of the woman's fingers. It only ended in the same way. Mono swiftly cutting the webs.

"Are you the boy's mother?" Mono asked.

"Boy?" The woman muttered to herself. Mono heard her clearly. "Yes. There was a boy that stopped by, he looked like you. Part of his hair covered his eye. His skin was white. Three red dots above and below the other eye." Fear struck the woman, she started trembling. "Are you afraid of him?" Mono asked. The woman could help but break down in front of Mono. Mono wrapped the chains around her arms and placed her sword back in the holster. The chains rattled with ever step she took.
She placed her hand on the woman's head, gingerly brushing her hair. "I don't want to be here anymore." The woman cried. Mono soothed the woman, drying her tears away. The woman hugged the petite girl, tightly. Her tears stained the slayers uniform. "Cry untill you can't no more." Mono said.

"I want to die. I don't want to be here anymore." The woman sniffled. The white haired looked up at the slayer. "I want to die, but I'm to scared to." The woman said.

"I've always believed that after a person dies, there would always be someone waiting on the other side for you." Mono said, wipping the woman's tears once more. "Y-you really believe in that? Do you really think someone's waiting for me?" The woman asked. Mono nodded.

"I think... I think I'm ready." The woman said. Moni unraveled her sword. "Close your eyes." Mono said. The womsn did as she told. Her arms were out in front of her like she was excepting her fate. Mono swiftly sliced her head off. Crystal shards shined in the moonlight. The sight was beautiful to the demon. 'It's so pretty. So relaxing.'

"What's your name?" The woman asked.

"My name is Setsuna Mono."

"Setsuna... Monk." Tears formed in the woman's eyes. "Thank you. Thank you so much. Please be careful there is a Lower Moon here." The woman's body turned to ashes. Mono picked up the woman's clothes and folded them neatly. Mono opened her hand a crystal Gladiolus. She placed the crystal flower on top of the outfit. A shadow casted over Mono. Mono's crystals thinned, until her body looked normal.

"Mono-san!"

Mono looked up to see Tanjiro. Tanjiro landed on the ground. "I could have sworn there was a demon here." Tanjiro said, confused. He noticed the neatly folded cloth with a Gladiolus crystal flower.

"I killed the demon." Mono said, looking at the cloth. "She was so afraid. I mentioned that boy from earlier. Tanjiro-san, she told me she wanted to die." Mono said.

"Did you defeat her?!!" Inosuke yelled out. "What the hell are you doing here, Big Boobs?!!" Mono ignored the male. "We should get moving, there is a Lower Moon here." Mono said.

"Mono-san, are you going to try and find that boy?" Mono looked at the burgundy haired male.

"I have a feeling that he might be the Lower Moon. I could be wrong, there might be others around that could be the Lower Moon." Mono said.

**********

Tanjiro turned his head back towards the forest. "That sound... It sounded like lightning just struck."

"Like I care!!"

"I don't think I smell thunder clouds..... But there's an irritating smell so I'm not sure." Tanjiro said looking around. "Inosuke."

"HAANH!?"

"I think I'll try going to the other side." He said, pointing to the other side of the river.

"Do what you like!!" Inosuke yelled at the male.

"Inosuke, you should go down." Tanjiro said. Inosuke looked at him. "Down the mountain."

"Why!! Die!!" Inosuke yelled. "You're seriously hurt." Tanjiro said.

"I am not hurt!!"

"Huh?"

*Snap*

The two turn their heads, to find a girl with white hair and red dots on her face. Her eyes narrowed at the two males.

"Hold it demon!! I'm gonna chop you up!!" Inosuke yelled to the girl.

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro yelled at the male.

"Father!" The girl cried out.

"I'm not your father!!" Inosuke yelled out. He was about to chase after the girl only to be stopped by a large figure. The body was human like but it had the head of a spider.

"Get away from my family!!"

************************ Taisho Secret *************************

Tanjiro: "Where you the one that put the flower on the spider demon's clothes?"

Mono: "Mmhm."

Tanjiro: "Why did you do that? What flower was it called?"

Mono: "The flower was called a Gladiolus, I feel like it was a respectful thing to do."

Tanjiro: "What's the meaning of the flower?"

Mono: "The flower means strength. I gave her that flower because she's endured all that pain and suffering. She lasted so long, I felt it was a good choice."

Tanjiro: "That's really nice of you, Mono-san."

Mono: "Time for a Taisho secret."

Mono: "I fold up a demon's clothing after I've killed them and place a flower on top of it. The flowers usually relate to the demon."

**********************************

Do you think Mono's a bad person?