Chapter 1

Noah's POV:

It was eight a.m. and school had just started. I am a senior this year and my best friend is Dixie. But one of my biggest secrets is, I've always had a crush on her. We became friends in kinder garden and have stayed that way. I know she doesn't have feelings for me. When we were in the fifth grade, I tried to kiss her once. She told me it was weird and that we needed to set a boundary. That still exists and Dixie always brings it up every once and a while.

We have been each others ride or die. Dixie has a boyfriend now and let me just say, he is a total dick. I would never treat a woman the way he treats her. And if she would ever let me, I'd beat his ass. I think I would be a great boyfriend for her. It would be certain to everyone that she would get the respect she deserves.

I make my way over to her everyday at this time. We like to call it "my daily annoyance to her." She came up with that name. I would much prefer to call it, "two minutes of taunting." Yep, that's an amazing title. I should tell her that. We had a party to go to tonight, I should talk to her about that instead.

"Hey, babe" I say. This always gets her annoyed. "What do you want, weirdo?" I move closer to her locker to block her way of an escape. "You're still going to the party tonight, right?" She closed her locker and ducked down below my arm to get away. "Yes. Are you?" I walk the way toward the classroom with her. We had the same schedule for the most part. "I am." We arrived to the room and took our seats at the desks that were right next to each other.

First class: physics. Yay, so exciting. Sarcastically of course. "Griffin isn't going to like that your sitting there." Yeah, we had the class together with her stupid boyfriend, Griffin. She knew he was an awful boyfriend, but she stayed with him, defending him every time he cheated. "I don't care. I hate that asshole." She also knew how much I hated him.

"I know you do but he's still my boyfriend." She would always look past his obvious stupidity. I knew he didn't love her. "Yeah, an incredible douchebag." The bell had rung and he wasn't there. He was probably with some girl and having sex with her. It wouldn't be the first time it happened. I look back over at Dixie. Her wrist showed through her sweater. There was a bruise. 

I scoot a little closer to her, without the teacher noticing. She was getting a pencil from her case. I took a closer look at it by grabbing her arm. "Hey, what are you doing?" She yelled at me but in a whisper tone. "What is that?" She pulled her arm away from me. "I... fell" Dixie paused as she said that. I grab her arm gently but she still winced in pain. I lifted up her arm sleeve to reveal three more large bruises. "Damn it, Dixie. Did he do that to you?" She rolled her sleeve back down. 

"Noah, don't get involved." I can't believe this fucking bitch hit her. I get up and tell the teacher that I was just going to go to the bathroom. I saw as I left, Dixie was signaling me to come back. Hell no. This veggie tale looking whore laid a hand on her. He cheated on Dixie last time in the janitors closet. That was the first place I checked.

I saw Dixie run out of the classroom so I went around the corner so she couldn't see me. She ran in the opposite direction. I barged into the closet to find him macking on another girl. "Get the fuck out of here, I don't want you to get hurt." I told this to the girl that was in the room with us. "Look man, there's no need to start a fight. Just don't tell Dixie, then we'll be all good." This shit head really thought I wasn't going to kill him right then and there. 

"Why the hell would you even think about laying a finger on her?" I stepped closer to him. "Why would that bitch tell you tha-?" Before he could finish his damn sentence, I punched him right square in the mouth. "You're going to regret that you little shit." He tried to fight back but he was too weak. He was on the ground with a bloody nose. Dixie barges in after she hears us screaming.