Chapter 21

Noah's POV:

Dixie looked at her hands. Another piece of her that broke off. A child that we didn't even know existed, gone in a matter of minutes. This was going to take her a long time to recover from. We might not have known what was going on, but as soon as we did, we felt that strong connection that was hard to explain. We also didn't know if it was ours or not. But in that moment, it felt like it was. I've always wanted to be dad so when I found her the bathroom, holding our lifeless, unborn child, it hurt too. She didn't want anyone to know for now because everything was happening too fast. This girl just needs a break from reality. Dix wanted to cuddle but at the same time, she wanted to distance herself from everything and everybody. Today she had to deal with whatever Griffin did to her and the loss of her child. That fucking asshole. I thought about what would of happened if the baby survived. Would we keep them or send them to an adoption center? Both could've been good options. We weren't ready for a kid anyways. We've just started to be more than friends like three weeks ago. Time is what we need. I want to give Dixie everything that I am. No matter what I do, there will always be this weight that she has to carry on her. And I try to show her that she is my everything and so much more. That she's the most beautiful girl on the planet. That it wasn't her fault, she did nothing wrong. But, she never believes me, ever. It's hard to see her in such a bad place.

My mom was in the kitchen making us some cake. Dixie was laying down on me with her head buried in my chest. I rubbed her head while she had quiet tears escaping her eyes, so my mother couldn't hear. I wanted to do something to cheer her up but how could I even begin to make this situation better? I tried to think of something we could do together that would be fun for both of us. No, I'm not talking about sex. She likes games and crafts plus if we did that, it could help her focus on something else. "Dix?" Her head perked up a little bit. "Yeah?" I paused for a moment to stare at all the beauty I saw behind the broken. "Let's go downstairs." She was a little confused but agreed. I held her hand as we walked to the basement. It looks exactly how we left it. Her bracelet thing was still there and my controllers were scattered everywhere. She just wanted to sit and cry but I couldn't let that happen. She didn't deserve to be in the spot she's in now.

"Whatever you want to do, we'll do." She took a second to answer, thinking about what she'd want. "Noah, I don't wanna do anything." Her eyes looked puffy and she looked miserable. I love her so much but I can help her. I took her hand and we sat on the couch. "Then let's talk. We haven't done that in a while." Yeah, we had the talk with her mom but we haven't had a talk between us in a while. "Okay", she said slowly. I looked in her eyes, the sparkle was gone. "Just spill. Tell me everything you're feeling, even if it's anger or sadness." I don't want her to think she's in this alone. She pouted and I could tell she was about to cry again. "I don't know. I don't feel anything right now. It's too much. Court is going to be an absolute nightmare. I should just quit now like Griffin told me to. I don't understand myself right now. The baby that may or may not have been ours is dead. How the fuck am I suppose to do anything?" Her emotions were all over the place. She started off calm, then sad, then angry, and now she's back to sad. Truthfully, I don't know how or what to say. "Shh, babe. It's going to be fine. Everything going to work out. Don't give up. You are the strongest person I know. And don't let Griffin take that from you." I took another small pause to catch my breath. She moved closer to me, sitting on my lap. She hugged me. I held her lower back and her head, kissing it when she wrapped her arms tighter around me. "Thank you for telling me, I love you." She moved a little bit to see my face. "I love you too." I kissed her and she kissed back. "We'll get through this together, I promise I won't leave." She knows I would never do such a thing but it was a good reminder that made her smile. "I think I need to see someone." Yeah, that was probably a good idea. She needed to talk to someone who could actually help her. "Okay." She put her head back on my shoulder. "Thank you for everything", she whispered in my ear. I felt her lips touch my cheek. "Just promise me you won't give up." I rubbed her back and waited for her response. "I won't." I felt I sigh of relief. I couldn't loose her. We stayed in the same spot for a while until my mom called us up. I didn't want to go upstairs. We were happy here. She  moved her head and looked back at me. "We don't have to go upstairs if you don't want to." She got up anyway. "There's cake up there, let's go." I laughed a little at what she said before we went up.

A/N: It feels good to write again ngl. Thank you guys so much for everything. It is very much appreciated. Have a beautiful day. 😊