Chapter 28

Dixie's POV:

This isn't the first time I woke up to Noah like this. It has happened a few times. Most often, I'll just ignore it but I had to stop him. I mean this guy was moaning in his sleep. What was I suppose to do? He's cute though. I'm not mad at him, just a little weirded out, that's all. I'd probably be mad if it wasn't me. We weren't dating yet or anything but I didn't want to be completely in love and in awe of him if he was feeling that same way towards another girl. I'm not one to get jealous, but he's the only guy I've been around who makes me feel me. And, I know that's weird and I shouldn't feel that way. He's the guy that loves so much it hurts. We've had painful arguments in the past but he never once walked away. Noah's a better person than both my parents combined and he's only eighteen. That's saying a lot.

My mom's messages had continued to flood my phone. The detectives needed answers and so did all of us. Apparently, they have a court day. I've been afraid to tell Noah, all we've wanted to do was be happy together; another argument that my mother and I had. She told me not to make anything official between Noah and I. The court would see it as a red flag and they'd think I would've made the whole thing up. In the back of my mind, I thought that's what they'd do anyways. The government likes to see us fail sometimes. 

"I have to go back home to talk to my mom again." I said nervously. Obviously Noah wouldn't of cared if I left when I wanted to but I just feel bad for not telling him the whole truth when he's been nothing but the best through this whole thing. Noah sat up, adjusted what he woke up to, then looked back at me. "Alright. Just let me know if you need anything." I got up and started to put my shoes on. He stayed staring at me, almost mesmerized. I walked over to his side of the bed. Noah smiled. I sat down on the open part of the bed where his body wasn't covering but still on his side. "I love you." His smile grew wider. "I love you too babe." He reached out his hand to hold mine. Pulling it closer to his face, he kissed the back of my hand. What a gentleman. I bent down to kiss him. He moved his hand to my chin. The feeling of his soft lips on mine, created an everlasting effect of butterflies in my stomach. Amazing, I thought. Only with him have I felt this way. Noah gave me another kiss before I backed away. Of course I had given him the kiss back.

"Bye boner boy." was all that I said before I left his room. Noah laughed at my little joke. Now onto the more serious topic, my mom. She hates me. There's no other way to describe our relationship except pure hatred for one another. I knew from the beginning when she started to be nice that it wouldn't last long at all. She's repetitive. The behavior I mean. When others are around, she acts like she cares about me, but when we're by ourselves, she's a completely different person. The lies, to the pain she has caused made me hate her.

I tried my best to sneak past Noah's parents. My mood had already been saddened. The last thing I'd want is to bother them. The plan I had made up, ultimately failed. Noah's mom had seen me try to leave. "Hey pumpkin. Where are you headed off to?" She said as I quickly backed away from the door. "I was just heading home. My mom told me to go." The kind woman in front of me, smiled as she knew I wasn't feeling myself. Her kindness always made me feel better. "Honey, are you alright? I can talk to your mom if you want to stay here." She moved closer to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "I'm okay, thank you. My mom just needs me right now." She was very understanding about this whole situation. "Of course. Just let me know if you need anything." She took her hand off my arm and stepped back. "Actually, there's something I might need help with." There was no turning back now. But I just needed some help with Noah right now. "Yeah?" She took my hand and we sat down on the staircase that was right next to the front door. "I might have to go to the police station with my mom. They still have questions and a court date. I just don't want Noah getting nervous. The last time we went, It didn't go well. So if there's anyway you could distract him while I'm gone..." I paused at the last part. She knew what I was asking and was willing to help. "Alright. I can do that. It might be a little difficult since all he can focus on is you, but I'll try my best." She started to laugh. I nervously laughed with her. "Thank you." She kissed my head and said goodbye.

When I eventually got to my front door, my mom was there waiting for me with her arms crossed. "Why have you been ignoring me?" I don't know mom, maybe it's because you're an asshole. "Sorry, I was just a little busy." She didn't seem fazed by my answer. Instead, she seemed to get more angry. This reminded me so much of how Griffin treated me while we had been dating. "Let me guess. Busy screwing around?" Wow, that's what she thinks of me. If I had decided to bring Noah, she would've hugged me and made sure I was okay. But since I was by myself, she treated me like shit. "No." I said shyly. "I know you're lying, but whatever. The police need to get your side of what happened. After, we need to go shopping so we can get you a nice dress. The officer said it would be best if I went with you." Of course, that's why she was willing to take me. Not to be kind, but because she was told to. Typical. 

"Fine." I paused for a second, looking around. "Where's Charli?" My mom walked away, completely ignoring me. "Mom?" She began to get annoyed. "How the fuck am I suppose to know? You girls like to just leave your rooms all the damn time. For all I know, she could be in another state. If you're that worried, why don't you call her." She doesn't even care. That says a lot. Charli's a good kid, she wouldn't go far. Not willingly at least. Usually when she did sneak out, she'd be back in the morning before our mom would even find out. I picked up my phone and dialed her number. After a few rings, she picked up. "Hey where are you?" I said as I walked out of the room. Charli stopped herself for a second. "Is mom asking?" I looked back to make sure she wasn't listening in. "No. Honestly, she's back to her old self. Did she drive you away too." Charli didn't even sound somewhat surprised on the phone. "Yeah. I'm at a friend's house now." I'm glad she's safe, that's all that really matters. "Are you okay? I have a few minutes if you want to talk." My mom walked back into the room, telling me that I needed to look nicer before we left. "It's fine, I can hear mom. Sorry, I'm just not in the mood to deal with her now. I'll talk to you later." We said our I love you and hung up.

"Let me guess, talking to your boyfriend rather than caring about us needing to leave." She was really starting to piss me off. "No, I was actually talking to your daughter. And maybe if you weren't such a bitch, she wouldn't of felt the need to leave." I can't believe I actually said that out loud. It felt great though. My mother walked over to me and slapped me across the face. "I might be a bitch but at least I'm not a little whore like you." That out of all the things she's ever said to me, hurt the most. "Get a hold of yourself, then we'll seen who's the real bitch." I was stunned at what to say but somehow I found the words to say what I felt. "I was in pain and you didn't care. I went through hell and you still want to treat me like I'm the bad guy. We both know the person who's a liar and a bitch. If you ever call me a whore again, I swear I will tell everyone what a shitty mother you're. Oh, but wait, everyone already does. You're such an awful mother that not just one, but both of your daughters would rather risk their lives with random strangers, than to be in a house with you. That's pretty pathetic. It wasn't my fault this happened to me and its people like you in my life that made me think that it was. Since you've very much decided you don't want me around, I'll move out. And, I'll start now just to save you the trouble. As for Charli, when I'm done, you aren't ever, and I mean ever, going to treat her the way you have treated me. If anything, you won't see her again." Wow. I surprised myself there. The things my mother has told us, nobody should ever tell there child. When she had gotten too angry, that's when she resorted to violence.

A part of me wishes to believe when she saw me with all those bruises, she wanted to get me help. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. My mother, standing across from me, had no idea what to say. "If you think I'm such a bad mother, try living on your own. Your little boy toy is just temporary, I don't see how a guy like that could ever love the piece of work you are." I made my way past her while she was talking. "Go to hell." Standing up for myself was always hard to do, but I made it work when it came to sticking up for my sister.

A/N: This chapter is definitely a lot different than the last one but I do hope that you guys enjoyed it.