Chapter 56

Dixie's POV:

Noah's mom had opened the door. She greeted us with a warm smile and loving arms. She had invited us in asking us all sorts of things like: "are you guys doing okay" or asking us "are you cold, or is it too hot in here? I can get some snacks if you're hungry." She was honestly the sweetest woman I've ever met.

"You guys look so nice. I hope your date night went okay." It was odd that we had to be here in the first place, especially on Valentines Day, but we had made plans earlier to meet up and didn't realize the date. It worked out though, Noah's dad wasn't going to be home because he had another business meeting across town.

I felt bad for her. I mean, she was alone on Valentines Day. She stayed smiling though, even though I could tell she had been crying earlier. If it was because of being alone, I don't know, it isn't my place to ask. She took us to the dining room to have some snacks. "Did you guys eat yet? I can hear something up real quick." I didn't want her to have to make something because we didn't want to eat earlier, but Noah didn't seem to mind.

"Can you? That would be amazing mom. Thank you." He spoke, clearing his throat. My legs were hurting a little bit from our little encounter in the car. Noah hadn't noticed and neither did I until just a few seconds ago.

We sat and talked for a little while, waiting for his mom to come back out. "Do you want to tell her? I can if it's too awkward for you." I exclaimed, almost feeing excited to share our news.

I heard Noah's mom in the kitchen, sounding like she was fighting for her life from a demon in there or something. We offered to help earlier but she wouldn't let us. "I'm just going to go over there." I blurred out.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looked up at me like she had just seen a ghost. "Yes, I'm sorry if I mad too much noise. The grease hit my hand and my face, right next to my eye." She said sympathetically. I felt worse at that point, she shouldn't be apologizing, or making us dinner.

There was, what looked like steak, on the stove with oil and spiced mixed in the pan. "Oh, don't be sorry, let me help you, please." She stepped aside. The burn had looked pretty bad, especially the one on her face. I lowered the heat and walked closer to her. She sat down in pain as the burn had looked severe. "Noah!" I yelled to him. He ran over. "Babe, can you just grab me the first aid kit for me please." Noah ran like he was scared half to death, incredibly fast. He had almost slipped down the hall and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

When he eventually came back, I helped clean his mom up. I didn't want her to get an infection, she already was going to get a blister. I stepped back to finish the steak tacos. Noah sat next to his mom. "Thanks honey, I appreciate it." She said. I smiled back at her.

We had dinner together, wondering when would be a perfect time to tell her I was pregnant. After, when it became somewhat quiet, she looked at me and just smiled the biggest grin I've ever seen. "What?" I asked, smiling back once again.

"Nothing I'm just so happy you're right here and wearing that necklace too. I'm so proud to be a part of your life and you a part of mine." She said, placing her hand on top of mine. Noah looked at me like I was a goddess. He looked into my eyes and I just felt like I could get lost in his. "We do have to tell you something." I paused for a second. "Mrs. Beck." She stopped and corrected me. "You can call me by my first name or better yet, mom, if you're comfortable with that." She said, trying to make me continue. Mom, that feels nice to say. "Mom, Noah and I are pregnant again." I added the last word later.

Her eyes opened wide and I swear, somehow she looked happier. She ran to hug Noah and I. I didn't think it was going to go this well.

I took a sigh of relief as that weight on my chest was piling up. "Have you gone to appointments yet?" She asked. We haven't yet, I know, bad in my part, but I was just scared, truthfully.

It was getting late and we had been talking for almost another two hours. "I have the guest room all made up for you two. I didn't know if you guys were going to stay over. Noah is a slob, so I just fixed up the extra room. Plus, it has everything in there you could possibly need and it's further away from me." She said winking, jokingly while putting the last dish away.

I thanked her for everything. Noah was a little snarky from his mom's comment, but he'll get over eventually. I looked up at him as he looked down at me. I gave him a peck on the lips. He led me upstairs, trying to make me laugh with all of the 'jokes' he had in store for me.

I melted in the bed, being so tired from all of our little adventures today. I dreamed about doing all of it again. Noah came over and kissed my head. I was so tired I fell right back asleep. Noah did his best not to wake me as he took off my dress. My tights were harder to get off, so he had to be extra careful. I saw him leave quick and run back as my eyes just kept on closing. He closed the door and brought back one of my old shirts I had here. Noah moved his hands under my back to take off my bra carefully. He asked me to sit up for him quickly so he could put the shirt on and I could go to bed. I did so, letting his cold fingers run along my warm body. Noah left and came back with a makeup wipe. This man is too much. He took off my makeup gently and sat back down next to me, wrapping his arm around me and kissing me goodnight.