Chapter 16

Dixie's POV:

I stayed awake while Noah was asleep. His arms were wrapped around my bare torso. This, I'd never call it a mistake but I wanted something different to happen. Not the sex, that was great but it didn't make me feel better. I didn't feel used, but I also didn't feel anything. I don't regret this. I love him so much more than I could describe. I turned around to cuddle closer with him. He was still half asleep but he held me closer. My hand touched his chest and I buried my head in his neck. He kissed my cheek. I fell asleep, feeling his warm touch on my belly. We woke up to the sound of my mom knocking on the door. Today, we had to do more questioning. The police needed to talk to us about pressing charges, then they'd talk about finding more evidence. School would be involved too, since most of the events happened there, including the last one. Griffin would be spending the night in jail before more questioning today. The police had told us the case, if they could get enough evidence,  this would take around six months at minimum. I looked at Noah, he looked at me. The lock on my door doesn't work so if my mom decided to walk in... 

Luckily she didn't, giving us time to shower. I got up and held my arm out for Noah to grab. He wrapped his fingers around mine, gently, leading him to the bathroom. The memories from yesterday started flooding in. Flashing and the slight sound of the camera, all around my body was the only thing filling my thoughts. Test after test. Photo after photo, I thought it would never end. Then Griffin's face had been everywhere, feeling that there was this evil he had, that now everyone else had. I couldn't explain it or quite frankly wouldn't want to. Explaining means excepting, I wasn't fully ready for that. The times when Noah or my mom weren't around, were the worst. Never before had I'd been afraid of being alone, in fact, I quite enjoyed it. When nobody was around, nobody would hurt me. I did always enjoy Noah being around. He knew something was wrong. And truth be told, there was, but I won't admit that. A wave suddenly crashed into me, figuratively of course, but I want to believe it feels the same. The floor, footballs, jerseys, equipment seemed like it was the only thing I could see. With all the times this happened, never did it once escalate this badly, to the point where it would make me unlike myself. Sure, I was never used to the pain or the pressure of it all, but I tolerated it. That was the best I could do. Hiding it from everyone just to save my life and maybe the ones around me too. 

The water ran, I didn't even realize that we're inside the shower together. Noah looked at me with a saddened look in his eyes. "Dix, I know I will never understand the full extent of what happened to you and I also know that I never will. But, I want to help. Its hard right now and I'm sorry for that. Please talk to me. You never know, I might make you have that cute little smile." His words were so sweet. I only payed attention to half because my brain was completely focused to something entirely different. He was right though, every word he said. I smile at him, making his come out as well. Noah wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back super tight, in fear of letting go. Eventually we did, we had to. He grabbed my shampoo and rubbed it on my head, massaging it slightly. I turned around so I could face him. "I really do love you." I kissed him tenderly. "I love you too, baby." He kissed back, deepening it ever so slightly. I pulled away so we can finish our shower. He got out before me. It took me a while because of my long hair. My thoughts came back to me and I looked like a zombie, not being able to move. That's what I felt like on the inside anyways. I turned the water off, not even caring that I didn't use the scrub I used to. Noah was there waiting with a towel in this hands. He had one tied around his waist already. "Thanks." He kissed my cheek and put the towel around my body. We walked through the door, into my room to get clothes. I had to do laundry anyways. Noah and I just decided to put on shorts and a t-shirt. 

The police were still investigating the scene that would still have my DNA there, the room under the bleachers. My mother had gotten an email from the school to apologize for their unknowingness towards everything. We could have pressed charges against them too, but that wouldn't be fair. Nobody knew, at all. The school only has a few pieces that the police can use for evidence, cameras. Now Griffin, he seemed to always plan out these things. Being at a certain place at a certain time so he wouldn't get caught. Little did we both know, there was cameras in the hallway by the bathroom. It was a big hallway, the main one of the school so it wasn't weird that they would have one there. Noah and I got downstairs. Charli was on the couch with a big bowl of ice cream and mascara stains on her face. She was watching cartoons on the television. I think that it's Chase's favorite cartoon, I'm not sure. There was no contact between them, at all. Apparently he got a new phone or something when he decided to move on his own. I don't even know how his parents said yes to that. Charli has no idea where he is or if he's coming back. But from what Noah and I know, he doesn't know about the baby. He'd most likely stay if he knew.

I let go of Noah's hand that I had been holding, and went to go sit next to Charli. I opened my arms for her and she cried onto my shirt. She had stayed up all night, not knowing what to do for herself. The police still needed to question her since she somewhat knew Griffin. Today wouldn't be a good day to do that. I feel bad for her. Not just the fact that she's pregnant, but the fact that she's struggling. There's nothing I could do to help her, I had my own issues and my mom was focused on them too. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Noah go into the kitchen to talk to my mom. I couldn't hear what they were saying, mostly because all I could hear was Charli crying. Whatever they were talking about, it wasn't more important than my sister, nothing was. She let go after a minute, I dried some of her tears with the blanket on the couch. "How about you get some sleep? You've been up all night." She nodded. I brought her to bed and put the blanket over her shoulder so she'd stay warm. "I'll be back in a few hours. I love you." She told me she loved me too. I wonder if she'll decide to keep the baby or not. Either way, it was still going to be challenging. If she decides to keep the baby, she might have to drop out of school to take care of it and that baby will grow up without a father. But, if she does decide to terminate the pregnancy, I know she'll never be able to forgive herself for that. 

I went back downstairs to find Noah and my mom talking. She had tea in her hand while Noah had a donut in his. Oh cool, mom got donuts. They were both sitting down at the table in the kitchen. My stepfather was on a business trip so he he would be able to help. My real dad might be able to, I think he is a lawyer. Strange that he's a lawyer but couldn't get custody toward Charli and I. Whatever, doesn't matter. I grabbed a donut and sat next to Noah. Our hair was wet so she knew we showered together. There was no place to have an argument in our lives now. I set my head down on Noah's arm, that rested on the table. "Mom, can I have dad help?" Both Noah and my mother gave me a strange look. I haven't talked about my dad in a while. She wasn't going to abject, even though she hated him for whatever reason. "Honey, I don't know. Your dad isn't the greatest guy out there and I'm not even sure if he still has his license." Well, what does she mean by that. Now I was the one who was giving her a strange look. "I'll tell you the whole story one day but for now, there are bigger things that we need to worry about besides the past." I nodded because she was right. We do need to worry about other things besides my father that isn't around.

A/N: Sorry that I didn't post yesterday, I had school. I also have school tomorrow, so I'll try to make this quick before my mom decides to yell at me for staying up until 3 am. Have a lovely day and if you have to do school too, good luck. :)