Chapter 41

Noah's POV:

I pointed her in the direction where my boss was. She walked over towards him and I couldn't help but to think about some of the things she had to share. Some of those things being ones I had never heard about before. Details that made me hate the man who sat, staring at her with a grin on his face, knowing he caused that pain.

The break was over and we were sent back into the court room. Dixie's sister and mother were sitting together. I went up to them and Charli told me to stay with them. I tried saying hello to Dixie's mother, but she was trying to hold back tears. I figured it was best to just let her be.

(About ten minutes later. Griffin goes on the stand to answer questions.)

My boss appeared looking Griffin down. "Hello. Do you remember me?" He asked, not backing down on the glare. "No. I don't think so. I guess if we did meet, you weren't significant enough for me to remember you." He said sarcastically.

"Fine then. We'll get to the more... detailed questions." He paused for a moment, then spoke again. "How did it make you feel when Dixie, my client, spoke about you in such a negative way? Was it at all surprising that she decided to tell what she had gone through in the relationship with you?" He asked. Griffin kept the evil smile on his face.

"I was very shocked. I treated her with nothing but respect throughout our entire relationship. Everything we did was consensual. I don't know why she would make up all these false claims." Griffin acted surprised.

My boss looked him dead in the eyes and said, "look at the tv, would you?" He said. We all stared at it across the room to see a cameras view. This looked like the locker and the bathroom at my old high school.

The scene played. Griffin went up to Dixie when she was at her locker. He was touching her waist a lot and pulling her close. She wasn't very happy about it, it seems like. Dixie asked him to stop, but it made him angry. He lashed out and pushed her against the lockers. Griffin began to kiss her passionately when he heard some kid walk by.

I looked down at the floor, afraid to see what was next. My boss advised us all to look at the footage. Dixie tried pushing him off, but he got more aggressive. He dragged her into the bathroom.

My boss sped up the clip so we could see him leave the bathroom. Griffin left without Dixie. A few minutes later, Dixie came out crying. Blood could be seen from her body, that somehow, I never saw.

"I think we have enough evidence for at least one rape case. As for every other time, every abuse thing you have done to her, all the mind tricks, we will get you for." My boss said. Griffin's lawyer objected of course. "Are you threatening my client?" She asked.

"I would never. I'm simply doing my job, I rest my case." He said, sitting back down. From what I could see, Dixie thanked him. I smiled, knowing that my girl was going to get justice.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a little short, I'll try and post the rest of what happened that day tomorrow. Have a marvelous rest of your day lovely people.