Chapter 14

Dixie's POV:

I held my emotions in while I felt as if my insides were being dragged across the floor. Noah had been extremely emotional too. If I was really his "one and true love," what I felt, he did as well. But, I did love him. And I know normal people don't go around kissing their best friend, but he was different. A good different, not a bad one. He was never bad. Noah was always the guy to never show his true self, especially when he was sad. So truly, this was the first time I've seen him cry. This didn't only impact me, but it impacted him. Of course my mother too. How could I forget about her? She's the only reason that I decided to fight against who seemed run my life. Today was supposed to be the only day where I felt free, but instead, I just felt more violated. I want to give Noah what he wants, a happy me. Right now, I couldn't find that in myself, I couldn't find anything. I was just a vessel that was used and now I'm unable to do anything. Noah loves me, I know. Feeling like I'm incapable of his love. Griffin's gone. He can't hurt me now but he still made me believe those awful things. The detective had talked to me, guiding me through the process. She had already sent someone to arrest Griffin. He was going to kill me. He will find a way to do it. The question was, did it even matter anymore? What was the point of fighting a battle, when there's no chance I'd ever win? Nobody was going to believe me. I suppose the kit and the bruises will definitely prove something. But, with my luck, it will only work for the last time, not the times before. Which was more than I can remember. My body trembled as I remember each time I said to stop. Then each time he didn't want to, I was the one left with not only the memory, but the pain. There was one point when I felt as if I loved him, but now that I know how it feels to love Noah for real, I know that it wasn't ever true. The detective's two way radio thing had gone off at one point. Saying that they found Griffin and he's in the room next to me. My breathing had started to become fast. The room looked as if it would never stop closing in. Griffin want's to come in and hurt me now, now doubt. I'm not his puppet. I will not fallow the rules he has set out for me. I am my own person and I am capable of love. A rush of proudness came over me when I took the time to realize who I was. Noah was my person, that was the whole truth. He cared about me, not what was under my clothes. He loved me for me. I was able to go home after spending a few hours there. My mom was questioned and so was Noah. I saw Griffin in one of the rooms. My legs felt weak. I wanted to burst out crying. He looked beyond pissed, yelling at the officers. Noah held me up so I couldn't fall. "Dixie, its okay, he can't hurt you. I won't let him and I'm sure the people here won't let that happen either." His arms wrapped around me. I was unable to speak or move. Fear was all around. My mother looked like she was about to burst open that door and beat Griffin up. After this is all over, I'm sure she will go back to how things were between us. Noah walked me out so I wouldn't see if she decided to pounce or not. His hand held mine as he open the back door for us. When he sat down, I went on his lap and buried my head into his chest. He rubbed the lower part of my back and head. I heard yelling, then my mother rushing out to the car. "Sorry guys, I just had to take care of something." My legs left Noah's hips but my head stayed on him. "Mom, can we just go home?" I hoped Charli would have some good news. There must be something that could make this day better. My mother said we could but she offered to get food first since we had barely eaten all day. The drive to McDonald's was long but after today, we all needed to big mac. It was well deserved. When we finished, we got home to find Charli crying on the couch. She could have lost her baby or maybe Chase didn't want to stay. That would be weird though because of the years they spent together and the amount they loved each other, there was no way he'd leave her because she was pregnant. He left her for a job! What the fuck! Alright, now I'm not sad anymore, I'm straight up pissed. "Charli, I'm so sorry." He didn't know she was pregnant but he left without saying goodbye. She told everyone she wanted space. I guess I would too. Noah and I went up to my room. It was around seven or eight, I'm not sure. I wanted a distraction. Something to keep my mind off of Griffin and Charli's pregnancy disaster. Noah wouldn't object to what I'm offering, I think. Noah sat on the bed, expecting me to want to cuddle. Sure, yes, I did but Noah made me feel better. There was no other way to say it. His smile would make me do the same. And when he kissed me, I felt as if I had found my one, the person who made me complete. I closed the door. His eyes looked up at me, a little confused. Then when I locked the door, he got the hint. "Dix, we can't-" I put my finger over his lips and sat down, straddling him, feeling the hardness that pressed against me. I kissed him slowly at first but then got more passionate when he kissed back. "Dixie, you're not in a good place right now, I will take take advantage of you when you're like this. I'm sorry, we just can't right now." I gave him a pout, even though he was very much right. Uhh. Why did he always have to be the good guy? I know I'm vulnerable but I still wanted him now. He wasn't Griffin, he'd never treat me that shitty. I also know that he wouldn't use me. Noah would take care of me, he'd love me even after all of my defaults. I just wanted him to make me feel better. His touch always did that. And I know I probably sound selfish but we both deserved happiness. Especially after today. "Then take advantage, please." He pushed me off, onto the bed but I held onto his shirt. His body moved closer to mine. I unbuckled his pants. "You're making this really hard to resist." That was the whole point. If I knew he didn't want this, I would have stopped. But this wasn't like me and Griffin. This was both an equal love. "Don't resist then. Do your worst." He chuckled a little bit. My pain was mostly gone now. Except for some in my back and wrists. I took off his pants, leaving him in his underwear. 

A/N: Sorry for leaving on a cliff hanger. But, I wanted to make sure I could have a whole chapter of just the smut. I'll try to post tomorrow so lets see if I fail to do that or not.