Chapter 47

Noah's POV:

I sat in silence, waiting for her to answer. Part of me was dying, knowing that I hurt her. I didn't mean what I had done at all. It was a stupid mistake that should never have happened in the first place. I love her with everything I am.

The waitress had come by, asking us if we were ready to order. I saw Dixie wiping away her tears. "Is it okay if we could just have another minute? I'm sorry for asking." She saw Dixie's face and understood what had been going on, so she walked away.

I grabbed Dixie's hand, wanting to give her comfort like I always do, but she pulled away, not wanting it. I completely understand. I don't want to be around me now either.

Dixie let me finish what I was saying. "I went to a party with Blake, just a few weeks ago. He had asked me to come since I had been feeling sad prior. I was reluctant to go, but Blake convinced me. Looking back on it, I wish I had never gone." I looked down, knowing my faults. Dixie was ready to burst into tears as was I.

"I played a few games and I had gotten drunk. The same thing that happened with us, happened at that party too." I paused for a second, giving myself time to breath. "I know I let you down. It was never my intention."

She looked into my eyes and thanked me for telling her. I helped her wipe the tears off her face. "Blake found me in her bed. He woke me up and told me to leave before she could see me. I didn't even know her name." This wasn't all of it, but I wish it was. I took a deep breath and looked back at her.

"The worst part is, is that I remember before I had sex with her, she had been all over me and i let it happen because I just wanted to feel that something again. I waited so long to tell you because I was too upset with myself that I didn't even let you know. For everything, I am, from the bottom of my heart, sorry."

She grabbed my hand and smiled while still having a tear streaming down her eye. "I'm upset at what you had done, but I can't hold it against you. We broke up and that was your choice. I really wish you hadn't of done that, but I can't change what happened." She paused. "I want a future with you, and for that, I need you to be completely honest with me."

I nodded, understanding everything she was saying. I want that future with her too. "I'm sorry and I promise I will be honest with you from now on." She moved closer and kissed me. "I know you are. I love you." I kissed her once more.

I'm glad I talked to her about this.

We finished up eating and we left, leaving a generous tip for that poor waitress who had to watch us go through that. "Can we go to your house? I miss our movie nights." She asked looked up at me. I said yes, reversing out of the parking lot.

Dixie always make fun of my driving, but mostly my awful parking job. She started to giggle, looking at the way I parked. I laughed with her and drove off, leaving behind the tire marks on the curb. (How many curbs have you guys hit, just out of curiosity? I've hit at least 6 in the past 2 months. 😬)

We got to my house and I noticed that my mom wasn't home, and neither was my dad. It was strange for my mom to not be home today. I let it go and thought that she might have gone shopping with her friends again.

I walked with Dixie up the stairs and into my room. I smacked her ass like I normally do on these stairs. It might have been too soon, but she laughed which was a good sign.

She ran to my dresser to get the remote and jumped back onto the bed before I had a chance to. "I guess your picking then." I chuckled a little bit. She nodded proudly, knowing she was faster than I was. I sat down on my bed with my legs spread open. Dixie crawled into my lap, so I wrapped my legs around her and I let her head fall back into my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek. She snuggled in closer and found her movie. The Conjuring. I guess she wanted to watch a scary one. (I just watched this with my boyfriend today. He was a total wimp. 😂)

When there were jump scares, I felt her body jolt up. I was use to watching horror movies. So it didn't really bother me.

When the movie was almost over, she was beyond terrified. Dixie jumped into my lap and dug her head into my chest. I laughed and rubbed her back. She told me that it wasn't funny, but then laughed a little later.

I kissed her before she fell asleep into my arms a few hours later. I'm so happy she forgave me. I don't ever want to hurt her again.

A/N: I included this part to show that, not even Noah is perfect. Most of the drama had surrounded upon Dixie, so I felt like some of the spotlight needed to be added on Noah. I hope you guys like it. Don't forget to vote it you did. Bye guys. Have an amazing rest of your day and remember to be kind to everyone.