Chapter 43

Noah's POV:

I sat back down in the place I was before. Charli high-fived me. "That was awesome." She said being proud of Dixie and I. I thanked her and looked back at the trial. Someone had stepped forward. I knew exactly who it was, my heart dropped. I had a blank face just staring at the man I use to call me best friend. Blake. He was the man who was Griffin's "witness" or defender. I whispered out loud, "what the fuck." Charli looked up at me. "Noah, what the hell? Why is your friend defending him?" She asked. I began to get mad. Dixie looked at me too and she looked pissed. "I would like to know the same damn thing."

The speaking began and I felt so mad and so hurt. Why would he do this, he knows Griffin is a bad guy, so why the hell would he do this?

"How well do you know my client?" Dixie's lawyer asked. He paused for a second when he locked eyes with me. "I'd say I know her well enough. I grew up with her and Noah." He said, being honest. "So you know them well, yet you're here to defend Griffin, why is that?"

She walked around the area, wanting to get closer to the truth. "I'm closer with Griffin. We were in football together throughout high school." He tried to look a little more confident.

"If you knew both of them so well, I'm sure you would have know about both of the relationships Dixie has had recently. Now, we got the sources from you, telling us about Dixie and Noah's hookup's. Why were you so invested in their relationship? Was there something more that happened? Did one of them tell you something you didn't want to hear? And, is that why you're defending Griffin? She asked looking almost directly into his soul.

Blake played it cool. "Noah is the one who decided to tell me. I figured out the rest that was going on. This is really just all high school drama. I mean, look at the situation we're in. The girl doesn't like the guy, cries rape to get out of it. Her side boyfriend is stuck picking up the pieces. Isn't that right, Noah?" He said.

Her lawyer fired back almost immediately. "You still haven't fully answered my question. Why were you so invested? But, you do realize, if Dixie wins this thing, not only will Griffin be sentenced for the rape in the school bathroom after he found out about Dixie and Noah's hookup, you will be charged too for telling him that information, knowing he is fully capable of something like that because of his past. I believe you knew about the whole thing and let Griffin get involved because both of you couldn't have her. Is that right, Blake?"

"Believe it or not, but not everyone is sexually attracted to Dixie. I'm just here to defend my friend. As far as your question, I wasn't that invested. I figured I'd tell Griffin because I thought that were working things out after the breakup."

Twenty minutes had gone by of these questions, yet, Blake wasn't budging. The trial ended and we were supposed to just wait until the next trial date to get answers. I stepped out, wanting to talk to Blake and Dixie. It only took a minute for them both to come out.

"Blake, what the fuck?" I said being super persistent. "I did what I had to. I suppose you did too." He said, trying to walk away.

"You knew what he did, didn't you?" I asked being pissed. "Yeah and what we both know, the court won't, so shut your damn mouth before someone else gets hurt." He walked away hitting my arm as he did.

Dixie came over to me and looked almost as mad as I was. "Noah. What the hell was that?" She asked, moving closer to me. "I don't know, he barely talked to me. I swear, I had no idea that he was going to do that."

Griffin walked out and came towards Dixie despite what he lawyer said. "I bet it doesn't feel good when your trust is betrayed, does it?" He walked away laughing.

She went into my arms and I felt my shirt getting wet from her tears. I kissed her head and held her tighter.

"We'll win this, I promise." I said, not being fully sure. "Noah, don't make a promise on this one, that's for the jury to decide. But thank you, for everything." She kissed me and we walked out. "Do you need a ride baby?" I asked.

She nodded and got into my car. "I love you." She said, holding my hand. "I love you too. Let's get you home." I kissed her head and drove off.

We got to her apartment and I held her hand walking through. She was hurt by what happened today, as was I. I can't believe Blake would do that to us.

She unlocked her door and set her purse down on the counter. This is where we....

She looked over at me and I could visibly see how upset she was. She went over and hugged me. I went to put my arms around her but she jumped into my arms. I held her up. "Baby, what are you..." She sealed our lips and grabbed my face. "I don't think now is a good time." I said looking into her eyes.

"Shut up." She said, going back to kissing me. I set her down on the couch. Her legs were still wrapped around my torso. She mumbled something but I couldn't hear too well. I kissed her neck until she let go of me. Dixie started crying. I knew this was a bad idea.

"I'm sorry." She said, wiping away the tears. "It's okay babe, you have nothing to be sorry for." I said, giving her a little bit of space and room to breath. She got up and kissed me before leaving to go use the restroom. It was such a stupid idea. I should've said no.

A/N: Hi amazing people. My winter break is coming up next week after finals so I'll be here more frequently. I've been busy studying and catching up with schoolwork. Let me know if you guys have anything you want to see happen in the future of this book. Bye for now. Have an awesome day.