Chapter 3

Noah's POV:

Dix left a few minutes ago. I could tell she regretted what we did. There was no memory there between both of us. I tried to make jokes out of what happened but she wasn't happy about it. She wanted to stay best friends. Dixie made me promise that we would never have sex together again or talk about it.

I needed someone to talk to so I texted Blake. All I said was, "I did something stupid. Can I just talk to you about it?" I was nervous to tell him. Making Dix uncomfortable was the last thing I ever wanted to do. It was never my plan to embarrass her, she was my everything. I mean best friend.

"What did you do?" He texted back. "Promise to keep it a secret?" The three dots at the bottom of the screen popped up. "Just tell me what the hell you did." "I had drunk sex with Dixie. She isn't happy about it." My phone rung and I picked up. I got a lecture from him. Blake told me just to forget about it like Dix wants to do. I wanted to make her happy, so I will do what she tells me to do.

I don't know when she would want to see me again or even at all. I might have ruined everything between us just by one simple, drunk mistake. She initiated our first make out together. But she might have just done it for me. It could have been wrong timing or maybe she felt something. That couldn't of been the case.

(Time skip to the next day)

Blake wasn't much help. Dixie texted me "Can we hang out? I'm sorry. I just can't focus on anything." I told her yes and I got dressed. I went to her house and just opened the door. We've know each other and hang out some much over the year, we basically share houses. I went upstairs to her room but she wasn't there. The bathroom had been empty too. My next option was to ask her sister, Charli. Her door was slightly opened. I figures she might have been on her phone or something.

I opened it to talk to her. I wish I hadn't. "Charli have you seen Dix-" Oh God. She was naked with Chase. "Noah. Get out!" "Sorry." Well that was awkward. I went to go look for Dixie again. I checked her basement and she was there. "Hey." She came up and hugged me. "Sorry, I shouldn't of just walked out." I rubbed her back and sighed. "No. You had every right to. We don't need anything else to happen between us." She looked up at me. "Charli's still in the house, I don't want her to hear anything."

"There's no need to worry about that. She's very much busy in her room now." She let go of me and was confused. I told her and she wasn't surprised. "Can we go somewhere?" I took her hand and we got to my car. "Are you hungry?" She hadn't eaten yet so I took her to a diner.

"What do you want to do? If you want to forget it, I won't talk about it. If you want to make it a joke between us, I will laugh along with you. If you want space, I'll give you my whole universe." I spilled my heart out to her. I was willing to do anything, if it would put a smile on her face. "Noah, I don't want to forget about it. It was something that happened between us. We could still be laughing about it thirty years from now but I'm not leaving. Not now or ever."

So there was something. I had a chance. "Are you okay?" She told me she was. "My mom got suspicious. I didn't tell her anything." I blurted out of no where, "I told Blake." She stopped fidgeting with her fingers. "What? Why would you tell him?" She was hurt. "I'm sorry. I needed to talk to someone." "You could've talked to me." Damn it. I didn't mean to upset her.

"Yeah, I could've. But I figured you would want space." "Can we just stop talking about it. I do not want to fight with you." The car ride was silent after that. We got to a restaurant that we went to frequently. I opened the door for her like I always did.

My parents had taught me to respect women and others more than myself. That is what I will always do for her and what I had done for any other woman that I had in my past. She was used to that.

I held her hand and opened the door to the restaurant. One of the waitress' got up a table. We stayed silent again after she took our order. "Dixie, I don't want this to come between us. Can we please not let it?" She took my hand that was on the table. "I don't want it to but we can't just pretend that there isn't something there."

She felt it too. "So, what do you want to happen then?" "I want to set a boundary or some kind of rule." Okay, that somewhat works. "Alright, If that is what you want, that will happen. But do you have something in mind? As far as a line that can't be crossed." She moved her hands up to my forearms.

"No more sex again and no anything with other people. Also, we keep this between us." The waitress came back with food. "Thank you." She left. "What happens if we break a rule? I can make you real happy when I-" Dixie took a piece of bacon and put it in her mouth. "If this gets that far, there will be broken rules. But for now can we not talk about what you want to do to me behind closed doors?"

Yes ma'am. We finished eating. She put a twenty on the table. I handed it back to her. "No, you are not helping. This is on me." Dix thanked me but hated that I didn't let her pay half. I left the tip and payed at the register. We walked out and I opened the door for her. "Lets do something." We were still in the parking lot just inside the car.

"Okay. What are you referring to?" I turned around. "Well, we can go to the arcade, I can take you shopping. My parents are still at that business trip if you want to just go back to my house." "If we go to your house we are not going in your room." I drove back to my place.

"Noah, can we go to the treehouse in the back, like we used to?" I opened to door for her again. This time she took my hand and led me to the treehouse. "We haven't used it in a long time so I don't know what it looks like up there." She climbed up the ladder and I fallowed behind her. "Wow." The place was filled with dust and memories.

This was where I kissed her for the first time in fifth grade. Dixie remembered it right away. I could tell by the look she had on her face. We sat down because we were too tall to stand. "Let me rock your world, princess." She moved a little further from me and she put her back towards the wall.

I crawled over to where she was. "You'll never know if you will like it if you don't let me try to." She started to move her legs, crossing them as I got closer. "Noah, we, we have a rule." She looked up, trying not to slur her words. "Rules were made to be broken."