Chapter 10

Dixie's POV:

Noah held me close and tight. This was the best thing I've had all day. The whole thing with Griffin and then finding out Charli was pregnant. Today just was an awful day. I felt used and then discarded. Noah was truly the best person I could've ever asked for. He knew how much this pained me, being the burden. Then, him telling me to stop calling myself that over and over again. Noah hated when I said that I didn't like anything about myself because he loved every part of me. I should've seen all along that he was the good guy. He always had the best smile. I being the one to always deny that I had any kind of crush on him. Noah's very attractive no doubt. His eyes were always my safe place. Every time Griffin made feel like I was a waste, I'd look into Noah's beautiful brown eyes, and I knew I'd be okay. I woke up. Noah had been stroking my hair and my face, making sure that I was feeling better. "Hey, baby." He kissed my head and I snuggled into the crook of his neck when we hugged. "Hi." I fluttered my eyes a little bit from just waking up. Noah held the back of my head and kissed it again. "Your mom wants to talk to you. She somewhat knows." I rolled my eyes and laid my head on the pillow. "She seems nicer today. I think you should give her a chance." Coming from Noah, this was strange. Maybe I should. She wouldn't blame me for this no matter how much she sucked as a mother, she was always there when I really needed her. "Okay. Can you stay with me tonight though?" Noah told me he'd text his mom first. I got up and Noah fallowed. We should check up on Charli to see how she's doing. I grabbed Noah's hand and whispered in his ear what was going on. His eyes bulged open. "She's preg-" I stopped him from talking by putting my finger on his lips. "Shh, my mom doesn't know yet." We walked into Charli's room. Things had seemed to be somewhat better. Charli was on her bed, looking at baby clothes. "Hey, are you doing alright?" She nodded and focused herself back on her laptop screen. I rubbed her back and left with Noah. My mother was waiting downstairs for me. He held my hand like I did his before. "Mom?" She was sitting down on one of the dining room chairs. "Dixie." She came up to me and hugged me. She hadn't done this in such a long time. I hugged her back while she kissed my cheek. "Honey, tell me what happened so I can help." Noah was right, she did somewhat care. We sat down on the chairs and my mother left to go to the kitchen. "I'm gonna get you kids a snack." She brought out cheese and grapes, setting them on the table in front of us. I told her the whole story, she cried harder than I've ever seen her cry before. Noah shed a few tears too. He was never an emotional person, but this got to him. I told them every time it had happened and how long it had gone on for. My eyes were red from all the crying too. Noah touched my leg with his hand making me feel slightly better. Charli had come down. She had heard enough to make her eyes bulge open like Noah's did. "Charli go upstairs." My mother yelled. "No, let her stay, she's not having a good day either." She sighed and told my sister to sit down next to her. "What do you want me to do? I can get a lawyer. This asshole is going to go down one way or another." I told her I didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry baby girl. I can't make this decision for you, you're eighteen now. Just know, we'll all be here for you." I didn't want to do this anymore. Griffin deserved to go into prison but he could still love me if he ever did. Why am I defending him? I just need to clear my head, this was too much. I needed a break and Charli had to tell our mother about the pregnancy anyway. "I just need a break for a little bit." I glanced over at Charli, signaling her to talk to mom. She looked down, knowing she needed to. I took Noah out in the backyard with me. He opened his arms for me. I melted into his chest, not being able to stop crying. That was the first time I actually told anyone and the first time I said it out loud. "Thank you. I love you so much, Noah." I wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me close with one hand on the back of my neck and another on my lower back. My arms were laying on his shoulders, wrapping around his neck. "I love you too, Dix." I gave him a small kiss. He kissed back and I put my head on his shoulder. He set me down and we walked back inside. My mothers arms were wrapped around Charli. I guess this is the next thing we need to figure out together.