Chapter 23

Noah's POV:

She believed this was her fault. Of course it wasn't but nothing that I said made her think otherwise. She blames herself for everything that happened. While she cried, needing the love that she lacked for who knows how long, I was the was to hold her. No, I'm not complaining about it, I love her so much. So when she was going through this, it killed me inside. I wouldn't show it. If she saw me cry, it would stress her out more. I kissed her head. Her hair smelled like apples from the shampoo, I like apples, it always reminds me of her.

(Sorry, had to put in in for nostalgia. I was going to put in a smell for her hair anyway and then I remembered this scene.)

I wanted to take her upstairs so my mom wouldn't get all worried. I dried some of her tears with my shirt. The piece of cake was still in front of her. We hadn't eaten all day, but we really didn't have an appetite. I handed her a fork anyway. She smiled at me when I called her beautiful. "Thank you, for everything." Well, she was my everything. "You don't have to thank me. I love you so much." Her cheeks blushed, probably feeling butterflies like I had before. I put one of my hands on her waist, pulling her closer into my arms. For once, the sparkle that was in her eyes shined again, brighter than the night sky. Could have been from all the tears today, but she had her smile and I knew she didn't fake that one. I looked into the glowing brown shade in her pupal to find the person I fell in love with. I went to go kiss her cheek but she turned her head to kiss my lips instead. My mom was in the next room over. I started to feel uncomfortable when Dixie went further, biting my lip and putting her hand on my thigh. I was just worried that my mom would walk in on us. "Mhmm, Dix, my mom." That came out wrong. She stopped for a second to look back at me, then pouted. Her lips went back to mine just for one tiny peck. "I love you", she said before I kissed her back. "Oh, sorry. I was just going to go upstairs. I'll leave you guys to it." Crap. Well that was awkward. Dixie blushed again from the embarrassment. We laughed after she left. I love her laugh.

We ate the piece of cake and she told me she wanted to see her dad. Speaking of him, I learned about what he did. Dixie's mother told me not to say anything because she didn't want his image ruined. The truth will come out eventually and when it does, she's gonna be pissed at me for not saying anything. I'll end up being the one to tell her anyway. What he did was pretty bad, she's gone through enough. She doesn't need that in her life. Dixie knew I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of her seeing her dad.

It was getting late again, the sun was about to set. Most of the day was just us sleeping or at the police station. She was sleepy from all the events today that stressed us out. I decided to take us outside to look at the sunset. She loved them anyways, watching the sky change to different colors. I was planning on asking her out soon. We both love each other so, it's only right that we make it official between us. And, we've talked about it. She was still unsure about the whole thing. It was another big thing in her life. I just hope I could show her all the love and respect she deserves.

I took her hand, intertwining our finger. "Where are we going?" I still hadn't told her my idea. Taking her out on the hill where we first met as kids, then asking her out. But I was going to wait until it was technically tomorrow, we don't need our anniversary to be the day she had the miscarriage.

"It's a surprise." She smiled. I bet she knew what was coming. Now, Dixie wasn't into all the big stuff like a grand gesture or stuff like that, she liked things being simple. I didn't. Instead, I liked giving people that I care about, everything. So, I put all that in the surprises that I do for them.

I sent my mom a text, letting her know I was gonna take Dixie out. She was happy for us. I took Dixie out to my car, opening the door for her. Soon after, we drove off. "Can you please tell me where we are going?" She stared at me, wanting an answer. "You'll know soon enough." Dixie rolled her eyes at me, hating that I didn't tell her. "You're such an ass, you know that." I let out a chuckle from her sarcasm. The hill was only a minute away but she was tired and in pain so, I wasn't going to make her walk. I wondered if her pain had gotten better. She's cycling normally now, I think. (Period in case anyone was confused) She saw the hill and put her hands over her face. Now I wait and see if she'll say yes to me later.

I opened her door, holding her hand as she walked out. "Simp." We laughed at what she said. Dixie already knew what my plans were. I let her jump on my back while I ran up the hill. She moved her head down to my ear, nibbling it. God, this was such a turn on. She had her moments of love and affection to the moments of sadness and anger. She looked like she was finally getting back to her old self. Today was a huge set back but in a few hours, its going to be great.

I set her down when we reached the top. She gave me a kiss as a thank you. We sat down. She moved over to my lap. She was the best cuddled in the word. Nobody could compare, ever. Now to ask her to be my girlfriend.