Chapter 29

Noah's POV:

The steam from the water filled up my shower. Hot water ran down my back. Sometimes, I'd catch myself remembering when Dixie was in here with me. Damn, I love that girl. This morning was definitely awkward but I guess so is just about every morning when you are sleeping next to your best friend that you love more than any other girl. My plan was to ask her out today but that might not work. Last night she was still caught up on the idea of seeing her dad again. I don't know what's going to be on her agenda today.

I hopped out of the shower with my towel wrapped around my waist. It's been like half an hour but I already miss Dix so much. Maybe I should text her whenever I figure out where I left my phone. My mom was waiting outside the bathroom door for me. "Hey honey, do you want to go to a soccer game with your dad and I." She said, sounding excited. I've loved soccer since I was a little kid. It's always been something that was in my life. So, of course I said yes. I should ask Dixie if she wants to come. "I would love to. Thanks mom." I said, getting excited as well. She stepped out of my room to the hallway. I assume she's going to be asking my dad something. Oh right, Dixie. "Mom?" I stopped her from going too far. "Is it alright if I ask Dixie if she wants to come?" I said. She looked flustered. My mother began fiddling with her hands. She does this when she gets nervous. "She's actually busy right now. I talked to her before she left." Oh. Well, I'm not gonna take her away from something if she's busy.

The whole car ride there, all I could focus my mind on was Dix. Her beautiful smile and the flow of her black hair, all of it was perfect. Her body and her touch, I missed it so all much. She said she was just going to take some time to talk to her mom but she had been a little weird when I asked her about it. They have never had a good relationship and whenever I bring it up if it's bothering her, she refuses to tell me anything.

Now that I've been thinking about the situation of her father, I guess I should replay the whole thing in my head, from what Dixie's mom had told me. Apparently, with what I've heard, while her mom and dad were in high school, her dad got her mom pregnant without consent. Which is entirely wrong and should never be something that is normalized but anyway. Her mom felt obligated to keep the baby and her father. The baby being Dixie. Now after all this time went by, Dixie's mother stayed with the father, married him and had Charli. Shortly after, it was all too much for the mom so she fought against him in court and won the custody battle. Now I think their mom blames them for the cause of their existence.

Dixie would hate that I know this. Absolutely. I feel obligated to tell her since she has every right to know about her existence but I can't help but want to keep the rest of the drama from her.

(Later that night, after the soccer game)

Somehow when I had gotten home, I feel asleep. I guess it isn't that unbelievable, my bed is just about the comfiest place in the world. There was a sense of comfort that came over me. When I looked up, Dixie was there wanting to wake me up. I smiled because she just brings out the best in me.

"Hi." She said as I pulled her onto me. "I missed you." I said, giving her a hug. She's perfect. Dixie laughed as I tickled her. "I missed you too." The fake smile was back. This feeling that she has won't ever fully go away. And I know that I shouldn't be this observant but it's hard when she's the only person that is constantly on my mind.

She rolled over to my side, wrapping her arms around me. I cuddled her back while I admired just how gorgeous she was. "Babe?" She looked up when I asked her that. Dixie smiled at me, putting her hand on my chest as she moved a little bit closer. "Yeah?" She said, looking happy to see me. "You're beautiful that's all." I said, looking into her eyes. God she's adorable. Dixie climbed on top of me. Her pelvis hit my waist, she rubbed against me. "When are you going to finally ask?" She said, sounding desperate. Now, I assume she's talking about dating, but the way she's moving, is making me think otherwise.

I raised my eyebrow. "When are you going to ask me out?" She moved up, rubbing again. I was starting to get a little hard. I was trying not to let her notice but it was getting difficult not to. Fuck. She touched both my legs, getting closer to the button on my pants. My dream that I had last night was happening right in front of me. "I didn't think you were ready." She pulled my shirt and moved closer to my lips. "I've been ready." She said, whispering. I felt her soft lips against mine. "Well, do you want to go on a date with me then?" She smiled through our kiss. 

When I had gotten fully hard, she laughed as I made out with her. "We can go on the date later. We have to do something else first." I smiled at her. She cupped my face but I flipped her over shortly after. "Is the door locked?" I asked. Dixie nodded and pulled me back to her, fully grabbing my shirt. She knew that this was going to happen beforehand. Ha. I love her.

She deepened the kiss, traveling her hands to the bottom of my shirt. I worked my hands down to her pants. My lips ran down her neck. I did the rubbing thing that she had done before. She moaned slightly. I slipped my hand in her pants. Now time to make her really happy.

A/N: Hello lovely people. I know this chapter is a little short so as a make up, I'm gonna do a full smut chapter next. Be prepared, I plan on making this one even more detailed than the last. Anyways, have an awesome day. Bye for now.