Chapter 33

Dixie's POV: 

Why do terrible things happen to good people? Why after all of this time of having this overwhelming pain, suddenly appear again after I was finally starting to heal? So many questions, so little answers. I told my truth, how I ended up in this mess, how my mother was the one who found me, how all of her apologies meant nothing. The truth being, everything meant nothing, at least now. I should've known this was never going to end. How stupid am I to believe that I could finally be happy? 

The voices that had felt quiet and almost distant, began to shout. I suppose not really. They had been talking normally but after the silence, screaming is what came about. "What happened next?" What had happened next was blurry. I really don't remember much. The only thing I remember feeling was guilt. What did someone like me, deserve to have been put through something like that? For so long, I knew it was my fault. It just had become more apparent.

His hand touched my thigh, gently rubbing it so I could feel comfort. The "he" being Noah. I called him my boyfriend earlier. I guess in a way, he is. Charli and him were the only two people in my life that made it worth living. His mother too. She's been a huge help. I still had the necklace around my neck, the one I was given before. Luckily, it didn't break.

What Griffin had done wasn't like what he use to do this time. It was physical, not sexual. Still hurtful but sexual. My arms, legs, face, etcetera, were filled with cuts and bruises. I don't know how or why he got out but, he did. Now since I'm thinking about him, the story will play over and over in my mind.

(A few hours before when everything went down. Still Dixie's point of view.)

I closed my bedroom door behind me, feeling as though I was the happiest girl in the world. I mean, I've got a hot guy waiting for me. After I just had the best sex with him ever. Score. He made me my best self. That's all I could've asked. 

I walked over to my closet, staring at the small variety of dresses I had that I could wear. My nicest ones, held a memory that I just couldn't relive. I looked at my dress that had roses and wondered if Noah has seen me in this or if he had liked it on me. Deciding that it wasn't good enough, I put it back and tried to find another. I took off the clothes I was wearing but I still had my bra and panties on.

My door had slowly crept open. At first, I thought it might've been Charli since there was barely any sound. But when I looked, there he was. Standing, looking at me. My heart dropped. I had no words. I took the shirt I had on before and covered my exposed chest. Griffin walked over to me, staring me down. "You could've just dropped the charges..., babe." He said putting a hand on my waist.

I looked down at his grasp. "So, why didn't you just do something that simple?" He asked, moving his hand up to my back. I was terrified. I didn't know what to do, I never did. He was going to do whatever he was going to do anyway so I just talked to him. "How did you get out?" I asked, moving further away from him. He stepped back, wanting to see where I'd go with this. "Well, they couldn't keep me forever. Thanks to you, they're going to send me to jail after court all because you couldn't keep your pretty mouth shut, princess." He said while sitting on the bed, leaving me in the closet.

His anger didn't seem bad but he was a bad guy still. "What do you want from me? I've given you everything but I just don't understand why I wasn't enough. I don't understand why you wanted to hurt me." I said looking into his eyes. He sighed and told me to come over to him. He didn't want trouble for once. I told him I didn't feel comfortable. He grunted by stayed calm. "It's not that you weren't enough. You just didn't always do what you needed to do as a girlfriend. And I know you cheated on me with that shithead next door. Probably multiple times. Therefore, this is your fault for causing the drama. As for the lies you told the police, I never did anything you didn't want me to do. I can't help it if you're a fucking slut." He answered, angerly.

I looked down at my feet, trying my best to not cry. "Griffin, I never cheated on you. Noah was after. I can't even count how many times I've caught you fucking some girl whether it was at school or your house." I said, firing back. His anger level grew. That's when I knew I went too far. "I only did it because you cheated on me first." He replied back moving towards me.

The rest of what happened, I don't want to remember. At one point I was knocked out but I woke up shortly after to my concerned mother. "Dixie. What the hell happened while I was gone? Are you okay?" She asked, looking at my bruises. Obviously she somewhat cared. My body was so soar. Griffin was gone. "We're going down to the hospital, you can barely see." She helped me get up. I wanted to see Noah. "I have to talk to Noah." I had a hard time talking, my lip was swollen and bloody. "No we don't have time to talk to your boyfriend. For all I know, he could've done this to you." She said, shoving me into her car as we walked. "I'm sorry. For everything baby."

A/N: I'm planning on making the 35th chapter a smut one so I hope you guys look forward to that. I know I haven't been as active and the truth is just school. Its kicking my ass and I'm just so tired by the time I get home. I take an extra class in the morning so I have to get to school an hour and a half before everyone else does. Meaning, I have to get up at 5 in the morning and I'm on the bus at 6. I'll try to post Sunday. I'm going to a football game with my boyfriend on Friday, then Saturday, I have homecoming. So, super busy. But I want to make sure you guys get a chance to read what happens. Have an awesome day lovely people.