Chapter 40

A/N: Holy crap, we made it through forty chapters.
Thank you for 10k!!!

Noah's POV:
My alarm went off. It was suppose to be this peaceful music thing that Dixie said she put on but instead, it sounded like it came from the midst of hell. I jolted out of bed from the obnoxious noise that rang. Dixie stayed still but I could hear her laughing.

"Holy shit. That scared the hell out of me." I said. She laughed even harder. "It's six in the morning and you're already making fun of me. Wow." I said sarcastically. She got up with the blanket, pulling it over her body. "Oh come on, it was funny." She said, pulling me back down on the bed.

Yeah, we'll see how funny it is when I do that to her.
She tried pulling harder so that I would go with her. "Babe, I can't be late for work." I said, stopping her. She pouted and grunted. "Please." I repeated the same as I had done before. "No." She was surprised by what I said. "I'm sorry, I don't want to loose this job. I only have to work until eleven today. Hopefully, I'll get out early." I said, holding her above the bed.

"It's fine, I have to get up too." She said, sounding annoyed. I helped her up and the blanket fell down. I smiled, seeing her bare body again. I had no clothes on the whole time too, that might've been why she wanted to stay in bed a bit longer. I got hard but we didn't have time for anything this morning. Maybe a "quicky."

(After... that)

I helped her get down from the kitchen counter. (Yes, they just did that on the island) I kissed her one more time before I helped her clean up. She wanted to keep going but I needed to be at work. "I'm sorry baby, I'll see you later." I kissed her head and ran to get my clothes. She walked in the bedroom by the time I had my jeans on. I watched her get clothes out of her dresser by the time I was done putting my shirt on.

I walked up to her and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back as soon as I can be. I love you." I said, now kissing her lips. "Be careful. I love you too. Oh and meet me at the front of the building." She said. I told her that I would.

I walked out of the apartment with a smile on my face. No matter what, she was the girl for me. I got into the car and drove to my house to get fresh clothes, a shower, and to just clean up. "I can get breakfast at work." I thought.

Dixie's POV:

I made my final touches on my outfit before I walked inside the court room. I looked at my lawyer who didn't seem confident at all, which just made me even more nervous. I walked up to her.

"I need you right now. I am beyond scared he is going to be free after this. I'm begging you, please. This man cannot be free. He will kill me, I can guarantee you that." I said, having a tear run down my eye.

I saw Griffin and his crooked smile looking right at me. He heard everything I said, yet still smiled. Almost knowing, he was going to win.

I can't get through this; being in constant fear that I won't wake up in the morning. My own boyfriend can't even protect me anymore. I lived this way for years and I kept this fear inside. But, I can't do it anymore. I won't just let it happen anymore.

The trial started. I stared at Griffin across from me as I sat in the witness stand. The smile never left his face. His father sat in the back row. My mother, sitting not too far across with my sister. This was her first time being here. She didn't even tell me she was coming.

My focus went back to his lawyer who stood over, asking me questions. "So, after all this time you claim this happened, why now, do you decide to press charges?" She asked, looking deeply at me. "I was truly scared for my life. I figured that if I finished high school and was an adult, someone would take me seriously. From the last time he raped me, it took a bigger piece from me than any of the times before. After all of the times I was raped, I thought that's how he showed his love, with violence. And for all that time, I thought that was what love was." I said, as I began crying.

She paused for a moment, seeing my tears. "Did you kept this hidden from everyone you knew before I assume you told your boyfriend?" She asked. "Yes. I didn't tell my boyfriend though. He had to find out by seeing me naked with bruises and scraped all over my body in the storage room under the bleachers." I said.

My mother walked out of the room, trying to cover up the fact that she was crying. I looked back at the lawyer, wiping away my tears as I did that. "How can we be sure you didn't frame him saying that he raped you, when in fact, you guys could've had sex and you had your boyfriend cover it up, giving you the bruises?" She began getting aggressive.

My lawyer yelled before I could respond. "Objection." She looked over at the judge. The judge agreed with what she had to say. "Alright. Let me rephrase the question then. "Did your boyfriend help you out with this, plot?" She asked. This time the judge spoke first. "I said sustained." Griffins lawyer sat back down.

My walked up to the judge and asked for a recess. The judge agreed. "Honey, are you alright?" She asked. I just nodded and walked out, waiting for Noah. "My boyfriend is coming soon, I'll be back." I said, walking out of the building.

He stood at the entrance like I asked him to. His boss was with him. I walked over my them and shook his hand. Noah hugged and kissed me. I held his hand as we walked back inside. "Thank you for coming." I said, looking at Noah's boss.

The recess was almost over and I just finished cleaning up my makeup. Noah could tell that I was nervous so he held me close. "Where's your boss?" I asked.

A/N: Sorry it took so long to post. I didn't realize how little I actually knew about court. If you guys know stuff about this and I got something wrong or mixed up, please tell me. Oh and thank you guys again for 10k, it means a lot. Have a magical day and I'll be back this weekend for another post hopefully. There will be more court chapters and then more on Charli.