Chapter 12

A/N: I'm apologizing for the picture above this (If it decides to show up, Wattpad). So, sorry for uh that. I just thought it was somewhat.... cute ig. Idk.

Dixie's POV:

Noah had woken up first. His hands stroked my hair, pulling it out of my face. Our bodies were touching. Today was the day where I would be going to the police. I just hope they believe me. The marks on my body were still visible and painful. My legs, arms, stomach, and parts of my neck had bruises or hickeys, it was hard to tell the difference. My mom had told me not to take a shower because they will be doing a rape kit. Noah told his mom what had happened. Don't worry, I asked him to. She was very worried but also wanted to do everything in her power to help. Noah was very sorry for last night even though it wasn't his fault. If anything, he's the one who helped the most. My mom knocked on the door it was closed but even she knew, nothing was going to happen between us. "Guys we should get going. Its gonna be a long day. Don't rush. I'll be downstairs if you need me." My mom was being so understanding with this whole thing. She had gone through it before too but I'm not sure if hers was like mine. With the whole relationship included. I kissed Noah, still with my morning breath. His hand softly touched my back when he kissed back. It hurt a little bit because my back had filled up with bruises every time Griffin slammed me into the wall. I moved a little bit to stop the pain but Noah noticed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you okay?" His hands moved calmly away from my back and hips. "Noah, its fine, don't worry." I gave him one more kiss and it brought me back to the times I had with Griffin. The only difference between Noah's and Griffin's lips is that, Noah's was always wanted, every time we kissed. "I'm gonna find something to wear." He told me to just wear shorts so they would be easier to take off when we have to go to the hospital. I felt sad. This was all too much. But I just was focused on Charli. Her staying home was the best option. She didn't need to see what's going to happen today, she doesn't deserve that. I feel bad for her though. If Chase doesn't stay, she's going to be alone with the baby. That would be awful. Noah found some clothes that I had for him in the back of my closet. I wanted to quit all of this. Noah shouldn't have to feel obligated to do this for me. It was amazing that he wanted to and even better knowing that I had someone by my side. But, this wasn't fair. Not for me, not for him. "Noah you don't have to come with me today. Its gonna be hard to watch." He walked over to me and held my face in the palm of his hand, gently. "Dixie, I only care about you right now. Let me be the person to hold your hand, the person to cry to, and the one to be there for whatever you need." This was so sweet, I'm gonna end up marrying this boy some day. I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you." I whispered in his ear. We both got dressed and brushed our teeth. My mom was waiting for us. She suggested we go to the hospital first to make sure we can still get the rape kit, they'll call the police anyways. Noah sat in the back seat with me. My head rested on his shoulder. I just wanted to cry so bad. My mom had comforted me earlier. Now Noah was. His hand was on my thigh. The hospital wasn't too far away, only a few minutes. "Its gonna be okay. I'll hold your hand the whole time." He didn't lie. When we got out of the car, he held my hand. The sliding door opened. I was beyond scared. There was a woman at the front desk, asking what we needed. My mom told her what happened, quietly so others couldn't hear. They asked for a blood test, then a urine. My veins are tiny and hard to find. The nurse had walked us down the hallway, to a small room filled with drawers and chairs. I sat down in the tan, large patient chair. A Phlebotomist had come in the room to take my blood. I told him about the problems I face with my veins. He was okay with it. "You're all good." My eyes were closed the whole time, so I didn't even realize he had the needle in. He gave me a bandage and walked us to the next room we needed to go in. The rooms and the needles kept on coming. Once they got the test out is when I began crying. I was given a gown to wear since the testing took a while. A detective, I think, came a few minutes ago, asking for my mom. I was over eighteen but I didn't want to talk to them yet or at all. Noah stayed with me and held my hand while I had swabs inside me. I was crying from the embarrassment and the pain of it all. Noah held my hand just like he said he would. I could hear my mom crying in the hallway. This was a new side of her. The only good thing that came out of this, is my mother understanding me. The doctor had finished whatever he was doing, I couldn't see over the cloudy tears that filled my eyes. Memories would come and go. Griffins face seemed to be everywhere and his voice had echoed inside my head, "nobody's gonna believe you because nobody cares." I hated the fact that he made me believe that and I hated knowing he would win each and every time. The officer had come in wanted to ask me questions. She seemed nice. My mom had walked into the room, she looked like me, a big mess. "Is it alright if I could talk to you privately?" I looked up at Noah. He kissed my head and left. My mom went with him and the officer sat down next to me. "I'm sorry this happened to you sweetheart." I thanked her but it was hard to talk. It felt like the world was closing in on me. "I need to ask you some questions now. They will get pretty personal." I nodded. She handed me a tissue. "When did this start happening, Dixie?" I couldn't give her a good answer to that because I simply didn't know. "I started the relationship around three years ago, my sophomore year of high school. After the first year is when he started to get violent. He started forcing me to do things that I never wanted to do. When I said no, he would hit me so hard it left bruises. He would take me out of class or show up at my house for sex. I never wanted this but he took my virginity and after that, he took everything else away from me too." She had a sad look on her face. "Dixie I am so sorry. I need to ask for a name." This was the hardest part. Because when I say his name, that's when my fight truly begins. I would be fighting for myself back. Eventually, I told her his name. "Now is that the man that was with you earlier?" Griffin would never, ever be half the man Noah is. "No. His name's Noah." She nodded. "Is he your boyfriend or your support system?" The truth of the matter was that the whole thing was confusing. "He isn't my boyfriend. I'm not ready for a relationship especially with everything going on but I do love him and he is my support system." She nodded again. It felt good to get this off my chest but awful knowing that Griffin would be around me again. "Thank you for your help. Some other detectives and I will have questions for you later. When everything's good here, I'll have you come down to the station." I gave her a smile. She left, Noah and my mother had walked in. They both sat next to me, holding my hands. "I'm so proud of you." Noah said as he kissed my hand. My mother smiled at both of us.

A/N: This story will align, somewhat with another one of the stories I have. It will be about Charli and the child in her stomach. Some of the things won't make sense because I decided to make them both go with each other too late. So you might have to use your imagination for it but some of the things will be related. First, starting off with what I know will be wrong, the ages. If Charli is seventeen in this book and in the next book she is twenty two with a three year old daughter, there is no way it would make sense. She would end up being twenty and not twenty two. But anyways, if you want to read into Charli's life with the baby, it will give a sneak peak of what will happen in this one because it is in the future. But if you want to wait until tonight or tomorrow, whatever time I decide to post, please do that. Have a wonderful day!