Chapter 7

A/N: There will be both Noah and Dixie's point of views in this chapter. There also will be a section where it goes back and forth. It might get confusing so, I'll try my best to make it clearer. Please enjoy.

Noah's POV:

Dixie went back out through the window. It was easier that way since my parents came home today. When she had kissed Griffin earlier today, it was just painful. Not just watching her do that, but knowing that piece of shit she called a boyfriend, probably talked her into it. Like all the other times. If that blockhead laid another finger on her, I swear he will have my fist jammed through his scull. Besides him, I could tell something was wrong with Dixie. She told me not to get involved so, I'll respect her decision. I wanted to talk to my mom. She always seems to have good advice. I left my room to go to her office. "Mom, can I talk to you about something?" She removed her glasses that rested on the bridge of her nose and put them on her head. "Of course, sweetheart. Come sit down." I sat next to her on the couch. "Mom, it's just Dixie. I need advice." My mother sighed. She knew how much I liked her. Dix and I were both eighteen so I could tell her what happened between us. We had an odd situation though. "Do you still have that crush on her?" Of course I did, she was fucking gorgeous. "Yes. But, that's not what I wanted to talk about." She set her laptop down because this was going to be long. "Alright, then what." I fiddled with my fingers. "She's just was acting different today. I don't know if it is my fault or not." The reason I thought it was because of what I said at the lunch table. "Why would it be your fault?" Well, uh. Shit. "Just promise you won't say anything to her when she comes over next." She agreed. "Something happened between us. We decided to stay friends. I just don't want to stay friends with her. Dixie decided to stay with her ex boyfriend. But I think there is something that isn't right there. I know her and she doesn't act the way that she did today." Her face had a shocked expression on it. She quickly calmed down. "Okay, that's a lot. Well, as your mother, I'm glad you finally told her how you felt. And a little uncomfortable to say the least. But if you know something is wrong, you should talk to Dixie about it. Have her come over later. Keep your door open though." It was good to get it off my chest. I've always had a good relationship with my parents but I never told them about other girls besides Dix. "Thanks mom." She kissed my cheek and I walked downstairs to grab my phone. Dixie's icon pulled up almost immediately because of how frequently we talk to each other. I called her but it went straight to voicemail. I left her one anyway. "Hey, dix. I'm sorry for leaving you a message but I just-. Dixie please come over tonight. I know you, I know there's something wrong. Just let me try to help. Even just to be a punching bag or someone to cry to. I love you, Dixie and all I want is for you to be happy." I ended the message with nothing but honesty. I love that girl more than anyone else. After a few hours, I waited for her. Nothing. No text, no call. She wasn't going to come. She must have hated me by now. Dixie might have just wanted space. I would just see her at school anyway. I went to my bed, not being able to sleep because of all the thoughts that were coming through my mind. I also couldn't sleep because I always felt best being next to Dix.

(The gap will make more since later.)

She was the reason I left the house to go to hers. I put a shirt back on and looked through her window. Getting up there, I would soon feel regret. Griffin was in her bed with the lights off. I went inside because I wasn't sure exactly what I was seeing. There they were, naked. Griffin was asleep but Dixie wasn't. It sounded like she was crying. This moron did more to her than leave bruises. Fuck. "What the hell?" Dixie sprung up. I guess I wasn't loud enough for the bonehead to hear me. She quieted me down and got up, holding her finger to my lips. I looked at the tear stained face I saw earlier today. "Dix, just let me help." She hushed me once more. "Noah, just go. I don't want you to wake him." She was in pain. How was I suppose to let this go? She put on underwear and a shirt. "No, he can't do this to you." Dixie was still crying. "Noah, stop. You don't know the full thing. Please go, I don't want him finding out." There was no way this guy would be going anywhere besides jail. "Dixie. I'm not going to stop. You don't deserve this. Let me help you." Griffin moved around a little bit. Dix tried pushing me out but I wouldn't budge. "Please Noah, for me." She was scared for her life. Scared of what he would do. I went outside like she asked. I would handle this later. My goal for tomorrow was to not leave her side no matter what. At least until I could figure out a way to get authorities involved. "Text me. I love you so much." She smiled at me but fear struck her again. She walked back towards him. I stayed, holding pipes, just to hear the conversation. "Dixie, get the fuck over here." She ran over towards him. "Who were you talking to?" She just told him that she was talking to Charli, her sister. This was getting hard to watch. "You're a fucking liar. It was Noah wasn't it." I heard her crying. "Griffin, stop." I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't let him do this to her. I climbed through the window once more. He was on top of her. "Get the fuck off of her." Dixie covered her hands over her face. Griffin got up and grabbed his boxers. "I think we both know there's nothing you're going to do about it." Dixie got up again. "No, dipshit. I'm about knock all your teeth out." I punched his face in. He tried to fight back, but he was too weak. "Noah, stop." She asked, so I did. Charli walked into the room with chase, her boyfriend. "What are you guys doing?" Griffin had a bloody nose. "This jackass just started beating me up. I'm a nice guy, so I didn't fight back." Really, he was going to try to fool them. "Yeah. I don't think that's going to work on them. Unlike you, they're not stupid. I suggest you go before I call the cops on your ass." Chase and Charli were so confused. I guess she never mentioned anything to her sister either. Griffin took the rest of his shit and left. "Do you want me to call mom and dad?" Charli asked Dixie. She declined and just told her sister to go back to bed. They left and closed the door. "Dix, I'm sorry I just couldn't let him hurt you again." She hugged me. "Thank you, again. But, he's not going to stop." I'd make sure he will. "He won't ever go near you again by the time I'm done with him."

Dixie's POV:

I wished that would of happened. Sadly it didn't. Yes, Griffin did barge into my room, but Noah never came to save the day. It was all just a dream. I had almost embodied myself as Noah. I just was hoping that all of this would of been over. Then I could finally spend the rest of my life with Noah. If we decided to become a couple or just friends, we still wouldn't leave each other. That, I was certain of now. One day, hopefully he'll know and stop it. When Griffin leaves, I'll go over to Noah's house. He can give me the comfort I need, without asking questions. I listened to his voicemail. It made me cry. Noah treated me with such kindness and respect. He's a good guy, the only one I wanted in my life. But, I couldn't have him.

(Before Dixie wished what would have happened. Just a heads up, there is manipulation in this chapter.)

I was left, laying asleep in my bed when I heard my door open. My parent's were spending the night at a hotel for their anniversary and Charli was with her boyfriend, in her room. So I doubted it would have been them. I was ignoring Noah all day so it might of been him. I rubbed my eyes trying to wake up. "Noah?" It wasn't him, it was Griffin. "I told you to stop talking to him." I covered the blanket that was on my bed, around my body for some sense of safety. "Griffin I don't want any trouble. Please go." He closed my door and locked it. Then Griffin came up to me. "You know I love you. I'd never hurt you." What a lie. That wasn't real love. Or maybe he just didn't know how to express that love. Griffin's hand stroked my face. "How about you lay down." I did what he asked. Griffin was calm, and he did promise not to hurt me. He took the blanket off of me and set it down gently. Griffin unbuckled his pants again. "I just want to go to sleep. Is that okay?" He finished taking off his pants and climbed on top of me. It wasn't rough, nothing hurt. Griffin put a finger over my lips. "Shhh. It's alright. This won't hurt and it won't take long at all. I'll go slow." Griffin was being nice, the least I could do was give him what he wanted. He deserved at least that. "Okay." When Griffin took off my clothes and went inside me, I just thought of Noah. He was the only one I wanted. I didn't make any sound or movement simply because I wasn't enjoying myself. Griffin sounded like he was angry. He grabbed my wrist and held them down. It began to hurt. He pulled out and moved to the other side of the bed. I turned over to get as far away from him as possible. I fell asleep after an hour of just laying there. That would soon end when Griffin got up. "I'm going to go now." He put on his clothes when he got up. "Why are you crying? You have no reason to cry! If anything, I should be crying because of how awful you are in bed!" I don't understand. Griffin was just nice to me. What did I do wrong? He was probably right. All of this was my fault. I sat up, with my legs dangling from my bed. "You're right. I'm sorry." He walked up to where my legs were. "I'll see you tomorrow. Don't talk to Noah. I will always find out." He kissed my cheek. "You did good. Keep it up." Griffin left my house. I cried. Why does he always make me feel this way? But, he loves me. That should be enough. I just wanted someone to hold me. Griffin would never do that. It isn't the way he shows his love. Noah would though. He always had. I put my clothes back on that Griffin took off and I went to Noah's house. I climbed up to get to his window, so his parents wouldn't hear me. I opened it and walked in. Noah was on his phone, in his bed. "Dix? What are you doing here?" I crawled into his bed. "I couldn't sleep." That wasn't entirely a lie. Noah held his arm out so I could snuggle into his chest. I happily did so. Using him as a distraction would never be something I'd do. But today was different. Noah kissed my head and held me close. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" Of course I wanted to, but I couldn't. "Not now." He understood. I laid on top of him, trying not to cry. If I did, he would worry. Noah kissed my head and we both fell asleep.