Chapter 25

Noah's POV:

I let go of her tiny fragile waist and looked down to see her beautiful eyes. She was so gorgeous tonight , well I suppose she's always this good looking. I took today out on her which was a total dick move. She didn't deserve this, I just know she isn't ready to be in a committed relationship. And, that's okay. We all go through situations differently. We backed away from each other, holding our hands out, slowly walking in the opposite direction. She was coming back later but I wasn't sure how much later. She's going to talk to her mom, it can either go really well or she's gonna come back with tears, there's really no in-between.

I reached the door of my home, cleaning off my shoes a little on the mat that had a 'welcome home' sign on it. My mom was peaking her head out to see what had happened tonight. The expression on her face grew as she was eager to find out if I asked Dix out or not. Her heels made the sound of her stepping down louder. "Oh honey, where's Dixie?" She looked a little concerned but still excited. "She just went to her house for a bit. She'll be back later." My mom became a little confused, wanting to know why or rather what. "She's just gonna talk to her mom." She didn't seem concerned anymore. "Well, did you ask her out?" I looked down, being ashamed, feeling kinda low. I wasn't going to rush her into anything. "No, not yet. I just don't think she's ready." My mother gave me a serious look the grabbed my hand to take me to the dining room table. "How are you this oblivious? Uh." She sighed but slowly started to talk again. "Obviously she wants to date you. She's in love with you. It's you who is afraid of the dating, not her." Wow. Maybe she's right. I just can't imagine how they could both be doing so well right now. I'm still so mad at myself for taking out my pain or whatever on Dixie. That wasn't fair of me to do. "I don't think so mom. She needs time for all that went down." My mother let out a little chuckle. "No kiddo, she's ready. All the signals she's been giving you. Plus, I talked to her today. You've got nothing to worry about. Just when she's having those bad days, which we both know she will, you need to know it's okay and it's normal. Be there for her because right now she feels like you're the only one there. Don't let her down. But be honest with her about your feelings too. Honesty goes great both ways for a relationship." That was actually really good advice. She knew before both Dix and I did. Impressive. Well anyways, I should probably clean up my room a little bit. Sometimes, I tend to be a slob. "Thanks mom. Is it okay if Dixie stays the night?" She smiled and looked proudly back at me for some reason. "Of course. You know how much I love that girl." We both got up. She gave me a pat on the back and kissed my head. I thanked her again. She had good advice.

I went up the steps to find my room that had the comfiest bed in it. Uh, honestly, softest thing in the world. I grabbed my garbage can that was in my room because I had to clean up anyways. There was um... things on the floor that I'm surprised my mom hasn't yelled at me yet for having. (Toys and condoms) I'm just gonna leave it at that. I picked up the 'things' and even confused myself. I don't remember using those let alone using it on someone. Anyways, I finished cleaning up the mess that filled my room, along with doing my laundry. More 'items' were mixed in the pile of clothes too. I laughed at myself wondering why I was so stupid to use them. Dixie walked in, she looked a little shaken up but I could imagine that would be normal after a day like today. "Hey babe." She looked up at me and smiled, closing the door slightly. Dixie looked back down at my hand and laughed. "Do you plan on using those?" I traveled my eyes to where she was looking. Somehow, I got lost by her beauty and completely forgot I was holding everything to put it away. "Depends." I played around with her a little bit. She walked closer to me. "Good luck with that." She kissed my cheek and sat down on my bed. I smiled at her and finished putting away the things in my hands. I just ended up putting them in a shoebox under the clothes in my closet. Dix called me over. We snuggled under the sheets a little bit. I was gonna ask her out tomorrow. It's so crazy to think that after all this time, I'll finally be able to call her my girlfriend.

I heard a knock on my door. Sounded like my dads knock. "Son?" He was hardly ever home because of the business meetings he had, they're mostly in other states. "Dad?" I didn't think he'd be home, especially now. Dixie looked up at me, both of us being confused. I'll be back I guess. I kissed Dixie's head and got up. "I won't be long, I promise." I opened my door. "Hey." He gave me a hug, patting me on the back. "Hey, Noah." He looked behind me to see Dixie. His smile grew bigger. "Hey kiddo, how you doing?" She told him she was okay. My dad tried his best to be there, even when he wasn't. "We'll, I'll leave you guys to it." He whispered to me but it was loud enough to where I know Dix could hear. "Leave the door a little open before you go to bed. You don't want your mom freaking out. Don't forget protection." He actually whispered the last part. At least Dixie wouldn't be embarrassed. I know I was. I closed the door back after he walked away.

Dixie chuckled a little bit. She held her hand out so I would cuddle with her again. As soon as I sat down she pulled me closer, tightening her grip on the shirt I was wearing. "Babe, what are you doing?" She looked down at my lips, wanting to kiss them. I smiled at her. She leaned in and I felt her warm breath against my skin. Her soft lips touched mine. She deepened it, wanting more. Sex didn't fix the pain last time, I don't think it will now. Her nails scratched my head and her leg crossed over my torso. "Dix, we can't." I guess a make out couldn't hurt.

A/N: Sorry it took so long to post. I've been super busy but I had a couple hours to work on this so I took the chance. It took 2 hours or so I think to make this one. Usually it takes around 3-4 hours so it might not be as good but I did spend a while on it. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. The next will probably have slight smut and the start of dating. But, if the slight smut isn't in the next one, I'll make another full chapter of smut. Bye for now.