Chapter 38

Noah's POV:

I gave my boss the rest of the paperwork that I had laying around on the desk I was working at today and made my way back out to the car. Dixie facetimed me before I had a chance to get inside. "Hey Dix, what's up? I'm on my way to your place." I said, looking down at my phone to see her face that wasn't smiling like normal. "I just wanted to see if you were still coming over, that's all." She said, while fake smiling.

"Are you okay? Was today bad?" I asked. But she played it off and acted normal. "Yeah it went fine. I'll hang up so you can get here." She laughed, wanting to make it seem like she was alright. "I love you." I said; her saying it back.

I drove quickly to her apartment. It wasn't that far from here, from what I remember. Last night was the first time I've seen it. When she didn't tell me she moved, I was a little hurt. It made sense though; I broke up with her, she doesn't have to share anything with me. 

I closed the car door and walked inside. The apartments here were really nice. Glass walls, tons of space, nice furniture, giant kitchen, and big closets. I knocked on her door and waited a few seconds for her to answer. Dixie came running towards the door. I could hear her feet slide against the wood flooring from the other side of the door. 

She opened it and gave me a shy smile, widening the door to let me in. I walked inside with her as she closed the door behind us. Dixie jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly. I held her close, remembering how I held her last night. She kissed me and I set her down.

We walked over to the couch and sat down. She moved a little closer and snuggled up right next to me. "Are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to stay with you tonight?" I asked. She looked up at me. "Its just been such a long day today. I would be very happy if you'd stay." Dixie said, slightly smiling.

She put her head back down and I started rubbing her back. A little after that, she fell asleep. She wasn't kidding about how tired she was. I carefully got up, checking every second that I didn't wake Dixie up. She was fully passed out. No chance of waking her up I guess.

I put my hands under her and picked her up, carrying her to the bedroom. I set her down nicely on the bed, ensuring that she was okay. Her blankets were a mess from last night, so I fixed it. I covered her body with her favorite blanket and I set her favorite cow stuffed animal right next to her. She laid there, snoring. I kissed her head and made my way to her bathroom to find the makeup remover wipes.

They were right on top of the counter so I took one and went back over to my sleeping... girlfriend? Uhh, I'm awful at labels. Her makeup came off easily, one swipe and it was gone, at least I think. I don't know anything about makeup.

I threw the wipe away in her garbage and made my way to the other side of the bed. I took off my shirt and socks because I couldn't sleep with them on. After that, I laid down next to her, wrapping my arm around her fragile waist.

Dixie's POV:

I felt Noah wrap his arm around me. There was immediate comfort with him. Today had been an awful day, I'm honestly not sure if I can win this case. Now, I can just hope Noah's side will be good enough for the judge.

I stayed up thinking about all the bad that could happen. Those thoughts went away fast when Noah knew I was awake. "Hey baby." He said softly. I whispered hi back. He kissed my cheek and my ear, making his way down to my neck. It wasn't sexual, It was just cute, small kisses. "What are you doing up?" He asked, only setting me down about half an hour ago. "I'm just a little nervous about the trial, that's all." I said, now facing him.

"There's no need to be worried. As long as you keep telling the true, I'm sure you'll win." He stated, making me believe him more. "My boss said that he thinks he might be able to help, with him being a lawyer and all. He has dealt with Griffin and his father before in other cases. He's willing to help." I stopped to think for a second. This might be what I need to win that case. I knew there was going to be some kind of trick with Griffin with how he acted today.

I kissed Noah, passionately. "Thank you." I said, kissing him again. "Don't thank me, thank him tomorrow." I smiled awkwardly at his comment. Maybe, I can win this. His boss does have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff.

(Not fully smut, technically. But it does have a little bit of mature things in this part if you know what I mean. ;)

Noah kissed me back again. I felt his tongue go inside mouth mouth. I played along with him and did the same to him. He grabbed my ass, pulling me closer to him. I moaned, teasing him a little bit. He knew what I was doing so he played harder. I bit his lip and he stuck his hand inside my undies, feeling my privates. I had a real moan go into his mouth. My mouth was wide open, feeling his fingers go in and out of my hole. "Shit, Noah, that feels so fucking good. Don't stop." I said, kissing him again. He did stop, but only for a second. He climbed on top of me, taking off my underwear and sticking his fingers back inside me. I touched his bare chest, then his pants, trying to take them off. Noah stopped me and smiled. "Since you want to be such a tease, you're going to have to work for it." He said, smirking. Fuck. Why does he have to be so damn hot?

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, especially the last paragraph. Have a great rest of your day.