Chapter 42

Dixie's POV:

I looked at Noah and smiled. The day was almost over, I guess. We have two things left to do; I think. My witness and Griffin's had to talk. Today, it was Noah for me and one of Griffin's friends for him. His dad refused to help, as did my mom.

Noah's boss and my lawyer, called him over to the stand. He looked so nervous but he wanted to make sure that I wasn't worried, so he acted like he was fully confident. Deep down, I was scared too. I wasn't brave at all during this whole time.

He continued answering question. Griffin's lawyer stared Noah down as they did to me. Asking questions, implying things that should never be implied.

"So, as I asked your, I'd presume girlfriend, why should we believe that you guys didn't make the entire thing up? Because as my sources tell me, you and Griffin seemed to get in quite a few fights. Did you want to talk to Dixie about dating and he got in the way?"

I looked back at Noah and he stared directly into that woman's eyes. "I would never make my girlfriend go through this. You want to question me as the "bad guy", when in all actuality, the man you should be talking to is your client. As far as the fights, I can tell you they were in fact about Dixie." He said, not stuttering once.

"So, you just admitted that you would do anything for her. What if Dixie was tired of the relationship, not wanting to have to be the one to break it off, so she had you do it for her? Maybe, hypothetically, you thought of when Griffin tried to tell you to back off if his girlfriend, you couldn't handle it, so any chance you took, you decided to fight him." She said.

"Or do we need to talk about that time when I believe Dixie and Griffin, technically we're still dating? The time when both of you got drunk at a party and decided to have sexual intercorse a day after you told the principal about Griffin."

I immediately got pissed. I didn't know that Griffin knew that. I didn't know anybody but Noah, Blake, and I. My lawyer decided to see how Noah would talk this through. We stayed silent waiting for Noah's response.

"Of course I would do anything for her. I love that girl more than I love myself. We have all done drunk things in our past. But I'm not going to sit here and let you talk bad about her. Have some respect. She deserves the best of everything after what Griffin did to her. And Griffin was the one who always had a problem with me. I only tolerated him because of Dixie. When I found out he abused her, I lost it. How could you let a man like him, walk around free like that. He assaulted Dixie in her bedroom the last time you guys decided to do that." He said, finishing up his time over there.

He came over to me and I hugged him harder than I ever have before. I wrapped my hands around his head, kissing him a few times. Griffin was pissed, just watching us kiss. I stayed in Noah's arms a little more, trying to look away from that monster across from me. "I love you." I whispered in Noah's ear.

A/N: Well, I got my phone taken away for almost the whole week. ☹️ The only reason I got it back is because my dad felt bad. I was suppose to have like all my electronics taken away for a month but somehow I managed to survive with only a week of being grounded. I'll finish the rest of the court stuff within a few more chapters.