Chapter 19

Noah's POV:

Bowling. Such a basic hinting word, but I guess it works for us. This poor girl couldn't even go to the bathroom alone. It was a good thing that I figured out what she had been referring to. If I hadn't, I don't even want to know what could've happened. All of the lying and the pain was all going to end soon. The police, especially after this, could put him in jail for the rest of his life. Not that I'm a violent person or anything but I hope he will get the same pain he put Dixie through when he goes to hell. Now, not only is there a lawsuit again Griffin and his father, there's one against the school too. Griffin's for obvious reasons, his father for bribery, and school for taking the bribe.

Dix wrapped her arms around mine, holding it close as she was still scared. There were no more questions so we were free to go. Dixie's mother and Charli had already been in the car, waiting on us. They had no clue what happened and Dix wasn't even ready to talk to me about it. Understandable. She didn't have to tell me anything she wasn't comfortable with. I just love her so much and I want her to be happy. One day I'll be able to call her my wife or if we decide to have kids, they'll be calling her mom. She was no where near ready to start a relationship now and we're both okay with it. There are things we need to work on before we could even have that conversation. There was no secrets between us anymore, not that I know of. She knew the one I kept from her, the feelings part. Seems so childish now, even though she just found out like a few weeks ago. 

I opened the door for Dixie. The way she was now, there's no chance I'm leaving her alone so I could go to my parents house. We got inside. There were no questions asked. They had assumed that I just waited for her to get out of the bathroom which wasn't all a lie. Charli already fell asleep. She had an appointment for the baby coming up soon. I think it might be tomorrow. We put our seatbelts on. Dixie was farther away from me than normal. Usually, she hates giving me personal space. Whatever he did to her in there must have really shaken her up. I wanted to know but I care for her much more than myself.

She sat there, looking at the cars that passed us by out the window. Her eyes were drawn to them, stuck like glue. While it looked like she was focused on the scenery outside, inside her mind was racing. She did a cute little thing with her charm bracelet. Then when she was nervous or uncomfortable, she'd play with it. I got her that a few years ago on valentine's day. Griffin cheated on her and she found out on that day. So, I dropped everything to get her something. I didn't have much money then, but I did the best I could. When I showed up to her house with a bracelet in a box and black roses, her favorite, that was the day I think I found out how much I truly love her. I like to think she caught feelings that day too but she'd never admit that. I had a girlfriend at the time so when I found my emotions towards Dix were starting to pop into my brain, I broke up with her. Nobody deserves to be cheated on and I would never do that to someone. Now that I've got my mind running on that idea, Dixie doesn't know that's why I broke up with her. Anyways, I looked back over at the beautiful woman sitting next to me. I moved my hand to touch hers. There was a slight flinch and a pause. It could have been one of her episodes before. "Hey, are you okay?" She nodded but let me touch her. I rubbed her arm, there was another bruise. Damn it. I know she seems like she would bruise easily, which is somewhat true, but even knowing the fact that she could get hurt just going to the restroom made my blood boil. The bruise might have been small, but it was still there, another mark on her body. Even with all of the swelling, a few lesions, the tears that opened her skin, and the brokenness left inside her, she was strong and a survivor. A true warrior and a queen. I'd do anything for her because she was my everything. I just wish she could see all of that.

Her mom drove up the driveway. Silence came over everyone. Charli looked like some kind of vampire creature. Her eyes had large black bags under them that showed just how tired she truly was. Heidi, their mother, was deciding on if she should call the girls father or not. So, she was barely there either. Dixie wasn't even in the same planet as us. Her head was in wonderland somewhere. She looked adorable but still hurt. I held her door open, waiting for her to come out. Upon her pondering, she was crying, still in the car just off to the side without a seatbelt on. "Noah, is everything okay?", her mother asked. I looked back over towards her. "Yeah, its alright. I've got her." She went back inside to take Charli to bed. I kneeled down to be on the same level as her. Her eyes showed just how much pain she was in. I held her small, fragile hands softly without startling her. Her sadness came out more when the tears began dripping down from her cheeks. I felt helpless. There's nothing I could ever do to take that pain away. I promised her that I'd protect her and obviously, I failed. She still got hurt, even at a police station out of all places. I caressed her face, wiping the tears that streamed down like a waterfall. She looked into my eyes, wanting me to take the agony away. But, I couldn't. All the suffrage, all the tears just kept coming. She broke at that point. "Dixie, baby", my voice was quiet. I hugged her, letting both of us feel each other's embrace. My shirt was getting wet but, I didn't care. I picked her up, getting both of us out of the heat. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I held her up, closing the door while we went inside. "Noah, can we go to your house please?" I wasn't sure why but if that's what she wants, then I'll do it. "Of course." I rubbed her back and walked across the street to my place. My parents were at work, that's why they asked me to come over later today. It felt good being back home. I felt Dixie's nails on my back when she held on closer, trying not to fall off as I opened the door. She might have wanted cuddles and a nap so I took her upstairs. Her head was on my shoulder, barely moving. I set her down on the bed and told her to wait one second. She pouted and got even sadder. This was never the look that I liked seeing on her face. I opened my phone to give her mom a heads up on where we were then I put it back down. I sat down on my bed and waited to see if she wanted to sleep or cuddle. She straddled my hips and placed her head on my chest. She fell asleep. While she did that, I played with her hair, getting it out of her face. I lifted up the back of her shirt a little bit so I could rub her back. Eventually, I fell asleep with her.

A/N: Yes, this is another draft. I just got home from school a few hours ago, so I'm pretty tired. This isn't that much edited so please enjoy what's on here. There's only two drafts that I have left so after that, I'll try to post regularly. Also, don't forget to vote if you liked it. If you didn't then please don't. Bye for now.