Chapter 68

Third Person POV:

Dixie sat alone in an office again, waiting for Sarah to come back with papers for Dixie to sign. Noah didn't come with her this time. He might have been in the same building, but he couldn't see her. Dixie thought about her boyfriend and how much she missed him. Their one-year anniversary was coming up tomorrow; a day she had been dreaming about for months and secretly years. She never told him that she was in love with him when they were kids out of embarrassment. Dixie denied her feelings for years, not wanting their friendship to change, so she pushed it aside and let Noah think that she had none. She blamed herself when she looked back on it; if she said something before, maybe she wouldn't be here now. If she told him she had feeling she would've never been with Griffin and none of-

Her thoughts were interrupted by Sarah bursting in the room, carrying a stack of papers. "Sorry it took so long, I had to get all of these put together." She set them down on the desk and began to open some of the files. "You only have to sign these four I believe." Sarah said, not paying attention to anything else. Dixie tried to pay attention, but her mind was somewhere else. She secretly hated herself for taking Griffin to court. Now she was regretting a lot more of her choices lately. 

"Dixie, you, okay?" Sarah asked setting more folders aside. Dixie looked up at her and nodded then Sarah went back to the papers. "I'm sorry all of this is happening again. I appreciate you coming back to take him down, we couldn't have done it without you." Sarah softly stated. Dixie finished signing and left the office. She sought out to find Noah because she missed him.

After she got off the elevator, Dixie looked over to his area, but couldn't find him which she thought was strange. She found one of his co-workers and walked up to her, trying to remember her name. "Hey, Cathy. How are you?" She asked. Cathy smiled when she saw her. "I'm doing well; how about yourself?" Cathy asked back. "I'm alright. Have you seen Noah anywhere?" Dixie looked around as she spoke. Cathy thought for a minute, trying her best to remember when the last time she saw him was. "I saw him maybe twenty minutes ago. He was talking to someone in Dan's office." Dixie was confused and a little scared of what she might find. "Twenty minutes, wow. Um, thank you." Dixie, still being nervous, walked over slowly to the office room, trying to compose herself. 

She moved her head to peak around the corner, then walked by. She sighed and knocked on the door. Dixie heard talking in the room, and a few seconds later, Noah opened the door. "He's fully clothed, thank God." She said to herself. "Hey baby; what are you doing here?" Noah asked, being equally as nervous. "I could ask you the same thing when you work all the way over there." She pointed over to the coffee machine by the front desk. Dixie pushed him aside to see who was in the room with him. She saw Blake and another woman. She gave Noah a confused expression. He caught on. "Okay, not what it looks like." He said with a nervous laugh. Dixie gave Blake a dirty look and walked away.

Noah followed behind her. "Just finish up whatever you were doing in there, I'll see you later." Dixie said, giving him a small unmeaningful kiss before she left. "Don't go, stay here please." But Dixie left anyway. Her feelings were hurt by the fact that he was still talking to Blake, but it wasn't her place to say anything. She didn't even know who the other girl was, she was just glad she didn't find Noah and some chick having sex.

Noah went back to the office feeling terrible that he hurt her feelings. He closed the door and looked back at the people in the room. "Sorry man, we didn't mean for you to get in trouble. Do you want us to leave?" Blake asked. "No, it's fine. I just feel bad for lying to her before." Noah said, having remorse. Blake was sympathetic towards Noah. "It was months ago when we had that conversation on the phone. At this point you can just pretend you don't know." Noah didn't like Blake's answer. In fact, he hated it; himself included. "Just let her mom tell her, it's bound to come up eventually," he paused, "look man, you have a choice here, be the idiot who tells her and ends up being broken up with or be the hero who's there for her when she finds out." Blake finished saying, but this pissed off Noah more.

"It was bad enough that I lied to her in the first place and left her with a lame ass excuse that I slept with some other girl, now you what me to keep lying and say that I don't know why this all this shit happened to her. No way. I know too much; this is going to rip her apart. Please don't say anything. Griffin told this to you, and I found out from you and Dixie's mom, I don't know if we should keep it between us or tell her. Just let me think." Noah started to get angry. He was lucky that his boss wasn't there today, and he knew his co-workers well enough that they wouldn't say anything.

Suddenly the other girl in the room spoke. "I'm might just be Griffin's sister, but I know a lot more about this then you. It's criminal and I feel like we should go to the police." She said out of uncertainty. "We can't babe, it was too long ago anyway, the case already closed." Blake snapped at her, but then apologized immediately after. 

"Dixie's mom probably doesn't even know the whole thing. And if we say something, do you just expect her not to go to the police and turn us in. We knew the whole time; shit we probably helped and didn't even realize it. This whole thing is fucked up, we shouldn't say a word, it's too risky." Blake said calmer. "I can't believe I lied to her."