- The Reveal -

This was a bad idea.

Theo was going to kill me.

"Cora?" He gave me a quick study, curiosity revealed in his expression.

Kill me for asking a quick question? Surely not.

"Coach Dean," I grinned.

"Yes... Is there a reason you're in my classroom right now?" He gave me a look, as if expecting me to have some diabolical plan gone wrong situation that I need him to fix.

"Yes," I nodded, approaching him where he sat at the desk. "I have a question for you." That's all it was. One question.

"Okay," He dropped the pen on the book that was open in front of him, giving me his full attention. "Let's hear it."

Staying back after school to ask this was pretty stupid. Not like I had anywhere to be so what does it matter. It's a harmless question. I just figured it was an opportunity since I was walking past his classroom anyway.

"Okay," I took a deep breath."You've been teaching for awhile, right?"

"Mhm," His eyebrows dipped into a confused frown. "I am old, if that's what you're implying."

I snorted. "Not where I was going with this. I just... I wanted to know... did you ever teach Theo's brother, Samuel?"

Whether he wanted to know why I was asking or not, he didn't voice it, instead, thought about it for a moment. "I did. Yes."

"Right... what was he like?"

"Average," Then he sighed, leaning back. "I'm not going to ask why you want to know... I've learnt every time I see you, you're always upto something," I chuckled at his comment. He's not wrong. "Samuel wasn't overly troublesome. He did his work. He joked with his friends. He sometimes didn't show up. That's expected though, with his father, those boys will get away with a lot, Theo included." He gave me a pointed look.

"Mhm..." I know what he means. "Did he ever do anything though, that... was concerning?"

"Only once." He leant his head back. "On the football field. Got real aggressive with another student. Had to break it up. It looked like he wanted to commit murder right there and then."

"Oh... okay. Nothing else?" He shook his head. "Right." I nodded to myself.

"Cora?" I looked at him, my eyes meeting his. "Is there anything else?"

"Nope... You didn't really help me though."

"Oh gee," He dramatically rolled his eyes, before chuckling to himself. "Get on out of here before I give you a detention."

"Pft, you wouldn't, I'm your favorite student."

He only snorted at my comment. "Yeah yeah."

I chuckled, telling him bye as I left the classroom.

Well. That didn't tell me anything. All it says is that he, like Theo, has aggressive moments but otherwise was like any other teenager at the time.

Maybe I had to go to the source, question his dad... Get in his good books and bam, I strike with a bat!

Not literally of course.

Okay, no. I had to stop prying and being so curious over a situation that I really had no place dipping my toes in... Theo was usually right about things and if what he says is true, his brother is bad, I had to respect that and not dig deeper.

Theo would never just side with his dad, so yeah, there had to be something off with Samuel. As simple as that.

Then again I can avoid him physically, doesn't make a difference if I just push my hand a little further into the haystack, searching for the needle that is, more information on him... Right?