- almost -

"Okay..." I furrowed my brows.

He instantly let go off my arm. "Then, go on," He gestured to the doors ahead of us with a firm head nod. "Walk outside."

"Am I a pet..." I mumbled under my breath, it sure felt like he was commanding me as if I was. Damn, what's next, he'll put a leash on me? Although... no, no. Furrowing my brows at him, I wondered why he wanted me to go outside.

Is he going to lock me out there to freeze my buds off and be attacked by angry, revengeful witches? The hell? My stomach tensed. "Look... Theo-"

"Outside. Now."

"Fine!" I scoffed, turning around and walking ahead. I hope someone throws a shoe at his head.

He fell into step a few steps behind me and the both of us exited into the cool, fresh air. With a lot of star's out tonight and the air so crisp, being out here in the nighttime felt beautiful.

I stopped not too far from the now shut double doors and turned around, holding my arm as I awkwardly stared up at him.

Was it a no talking contest? Well, I'll let him win that!

"Theo, Daniel and I-"

"There is no Daniel and you," He gritted, interrupting me.

Woah there.

"Okay... the person I was talking to who happens to be named Daniel- is that better?" I paused, tilting my head. His eyes narrowed. I rolled mine. "We're friends. I'm allowed to talk to him."

"Don't fucking roll your eyes at me." I hesitated as he stepped closer. "Now's really not the best time to have an attitude, Cora. Don't make this worse for yourself. I've fucking bit my tongue tonight and I've not said much-"

"Because you have a reputation to uphold and maintain," I shrugged a shoulder, calmly interrupting him. He shouldn't act like he's
holding his temper at bay for me when reality is, he can't cause a scene in front of everyone at an event like this.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Uh, isn't it obvious?" I glared up at him, dropping a hand on my hip. "You can't make a scene at an event like this, no one knows about us besides our school mates, hell even they don't officially know the full situation with us now so don't pretend like you're acting calm for my sake."

He sarcastically grinned in frustration, shaking his head. "Yeah? You think I give a shit if other people know or don't know? I told you, you're mine and what makes you think I'm referring to making a public scene?"

"Then what are you referring to? Oh please enlighten me," I exaggerated in sarcasm. "Please oh please, I beg of you."

The corner of his lips lifted up in an angry, ghost of a smile. "With Daniel, Cora. You don't realise how fucking close I was to physically moving him away from you when I spotted you two once again talking."

"Are you serious? You would seriously hit your own friend over a friendly interaction?" I raised my hands in the air, exasperated. Someone's got more than anger issues.

"Friendly?" He exclaimed, stepping even closer to me. "Are you blind? He likes you, Cora. What do you think he was going to say before I interrupted, huh?"