- Photo Stealer -

See you soon?

If he wasn't getting petrol and he wasn't picking up food, what was he doing that he had to stop off along the way?

More importantly, why couldn't he tell me?

Phone left loosely rested in my palm, I stared ahead of me, taking notice of the butterflies in my stomach begin to heighten.

Why am I freaking out? Acting silly for no good reason. He probably needs to take a shit. Understandable. I get that, no one wants to shit at their friends house.

With that thought in mind, I tossed my phone to the side of me and heard it bounce on the seat. Choosing to engage with the people around me as opposed to being caught up with my stupid thoughts.

"So," Mario started, finally finished fiddling with ordering the food for us all. "How did you two meet?" He sat on the TV cabinet, his leg lifted as his ankle rested on his knee.

"We've met before at school." Felix said.

"Duh, we all go to the same school. I meant like... when you two linked up? I know Theo and Cora's story, I remember that day. I was damn shocked." Mario raised his brow at me. Yeah, so was I, Mario, so was I. Though I do wonder what Theo would have told them at the time... better yet, maybe it's best I don't know. "But," He drawled, glancing back the two love-birds on the couch.  "What about you two?"

"Oh," Felix said, sharing a glance with Elizabeth who shyly smiled at him. "It was at Anton's party... I wanted to sit down for a moment and Liz happened to go for the seat at the same time... we both looked at one another and... well, we knew." He shrugged. "It just clicked."

"Cute, cute." He nodded, before putting his full attention on Elizabeth. "You're very quiet."

Embarrassed, she smiled. "Sorry..."

"Nonsense, don't be!" He dismissed, a grin on his face. Mario was making the poor girl uncomfortable. "I'm often told to shut the fuck up, so, you could've said I'm too talkative."

"You're too talkative," I said for her.

Mario gave me a look. "You're as mean as your boyfriend."

"C'mon now, that's not far." I said with a smile. "But really... It is okay to be quiet." I didn't think pointing out someone's social anxiety and displeasure of public attention was a nice thing to do, even if it wasn't done in a malicious way.

Mario's eyebrows raised. "Oh. For sure. I didn't mean it in a negative way." 

"It's okay," Elizabeth spoke up. "I am quite shy. It just takes me awhile to get comfortable around people I don't talk to on a regular basis. I am a lot better than I use to be though." She nodded with a faint but proud look on her face.

"Yeah. I've always been a bit more quiet myself," Felix agreed. "Not out of shyness though, just disinterest. Small talk sucks."

Yes, I was always the more outgoing one between Felix and I. "I wish that was my reason," She softly chuckled. "I just find... I'm so nervous and I freeze up so fast!"

"Well... I think you're perfect the way you are," Felix said to her, before immediately staring at me. "If you 'aw' at me I will ban you from my console, Cora."

With a smile formed, I pressed my lips together, shooting him a look that screams 'I'm gonna do it'.

Mario beat me to it, though. "Awwww!" He expressed, tilting his head. "How romantic. You guys make me feel lonely. I just realised I am going to not only be third wheeling... but fourth wheeling. Ugh."

"No mate for you?" Elizabeth asked, forming some bravery to talk more openly. It made me happy to see.

Mario shook his head, clicking his tongue. "Na-da."