- A warm embrace -

Caroline engulfed me into a big, warm hug. Embracing me with open arms and a comforting squeeze. Pulling back, she smiled down at me. "I missed you."

"Hey!" Rick whined, pouting as he grabbed open the door to the diner and looked between Caroline and I. "You didn't greet me like that."

We all finally decided on a place, of course being the local diner. You can never go wrong with greasy food. Caroline was quick to meet us here, excited and eager to see us all.

"Because, you're not Cora and I haven't seen her that much, okay?" Grinning, she dropped her arm around my shoulders, hand floating in the air which had me noticing her bright red nail polish.

"Nice nails." Maybe I should paint mine... Nah, I hated sitting around, waiting for them to dry. Otherwise I would.

"Oh, you like?" She said happily, staring at her nails. "Thanks! Just painted them today. should bring it over and do your nails too. It's a new colour I bought."

"Jeez," I raised my eyebrows at her. "You did that today? Impossible, there's no nail polish around your fingernail. How did you do it so perfectly?"

How? When I do nail polish on my own, I manage to get it not only on my nail, but the skin around it. Heck, I may as well dip my whole hand in the nail varnish while I'm at it, wouldn't look any different to the mess I make.

She only winked at me. "Years of practice."

"Years?" Rick muttered as he caught up with us inside the diner, the glass door closing behind him. "More like that's all she does, nearly every day." Caroline moved her arm away from my shoulder, stopping to slap Rick's arm. He only grinned back at her.

"Shut up, you," She murmured.

Theo observing the interaction with an amused look, wrapped his hand around the nook of my elbow, gently directing me down the walk-way, towards an empty booth.

Gesturing for me to slide in first, I did so, having him sit down beside me and Caroline across from me.

I watched Rick sit down, his elbows pressed on the table as he tiredly rubbed his face. "You drained?" I asked as we settled into our seats.

He lazily nodded at me. Caroline glanced up at him to her right, rubbing his arm and giving him a concerned look. "Yeah. Could do with a coffee."

"Me too." I nodded, pouting my lips.

"It's understandable," She softly smiled. "It's been a big day."

Rick released a breathy, amused sigh. "Can say that again. I'm just glad it's done."

"Same here." I agreed, a small smile forming as I felt Theo's hand rest on my thigh.

Looking up to him, he glanced down at me, studying my gaze. It was hard containing the urge to blush, something I thought I of all people would never say!

I could feel another persons gaze on me. Looking ahead at the staring culprit, Caroline sat there with her teeth biting her bottom lip, a grin on her face as she looked at us with awe.

Uh oh.

I know that look.

Now knowing I have a mate, I have a feeling she's going to give me quite an ear full of questions and advice in general about Theo and I.

She always loved having little conversations with me about my interests, boys... but back then, I never had anything to contribute nor did I want to discuss guys. So yeah, she's definitely excited to have another girl talk.