- Annual dinner -

A family dinner?

One including my parents?

Strange times this is, with Theo and I being on good terms and my parents reappearance in my life, it was hard to try and predict the next possible thing that could happen.

Like this situation for example...

"They want to show face with us at La lune's annual ceremony dinner?" I quizzed in disbelief, staring at my reflection in my brothers mirror. Not too bad...

Rick shrugged his shoulders, fixing the collars of his grey button up shirt, not minding my quick visit to his bedroom to say hi and check myself out in his mirror.

Staring, my eyes admired the soft, blush coloured  play-suit I wore, ending mid thigh with draping sleeves that gently hung off my shoulders. It was real pretty and I'll admit, I felt quite lovely tonight.

"Seems so," He murmured before carelessly nudging his shoulder against mine, the movement making me tumble backwards as it directed me out of the way so he, the moron, could stand and look at his own reflection instead.

"Wow!" I grumbled, rubbing my shoulder and shooting him a deadly stare. What a bitch. Regardless, Rick didn't notice the look since he was focused on trying to fix his hair. Ha, good luck with that. "Nothing you do will make that hair look good." 

"Just like makeup hasn't enhanced anything for you either."

I gasped. "You asshole. If we had good parents I'd threaten to tell mum on you."

"Pft," He scoffed. "You started it, idiot."

"So? Doesn't mean you have to be mean back." He ignored my comment. "Is Caroline coming here first?"

"Nah," he muttered, his hazel eyes scanning his appearance. There wasn't much of a crazy height difference between my brother and I when I wear heels, like the tanned heeled booties I was wearing. He was about 5ft11 if I remembered correctly. "I'm meeting her there," He glanced at me through the mirror. "I was going to pick her up but then I didn't feel right leaving you in the car with just mum and dad. You're too awkward to handle that."

"Gee thanks," he is right though, that would've been the worst. Imagine, me? Making small talk? I'd be talking about the weather in 28 different languages which would really consist of me speaking gibberish words (because I can't speak any other language) said in terrible accents.

No thank you.

"Don't mention it," he shot me a sarcastic smile before grabbing his black, leather square wallet of his desk. "You ready?"

"Yeah," I sighed, walking out of his room and into mine to grab my clutch.

I felt slightly anxious this evening.

It wasn't because I was going to the ceremony dinner tonight, a yearly, traditional event we attended every night before La Lune. A way for us to get together, eat, drink, laugh and enjoy the norms of our human side since the following night will consist of us freely roaming the forest in our wolf forms, paws flying against the grounds Mother Nature has gifted us with.

That, I was use to.

What actually had me feeling slightly tense and the reason behind the unwelcoming feeling was for two seperate reasons.

The first being my parents presence tonight. Im sure judgmental stares and curious eyes would be glancing in our direction. I don't even know if my parents have properly showed face around the community so the reaction of others was only even more concerning.

As for the second reasoning, well, that had to do with the person who has been the cause of many emotions for me, Theo.

That devil thot.